AVI PVT. LTD
3,6 out of 5 stars.

AVI PVT. LTD Employee Reviews

South Africa42 reviews

3,5Work-Life Balance

Good company to work, they try by all means to ensure employees are happy and growing at company. There is not much opportunity for growth within the company or you tke long to move because of old people in senior positions.

Pros

Medical aid

Cons

Low salary

Productive and fun

Very good 👍 company, with good people. Normal working hours .good management structure ,no big challenges standard work life to get experience and live life but company got less opportunities to grow.

Its a productive and fun space to be.

The company policies are good, they have chances and everything, u feel like u have space to grow but somehow Management has Napotism & skin colour issues, the advertised post may come with requirements but that will only apply to random applicants those who have ppl inside just slide in with their SubA grades. Office gossip is way out of control to the extent it affects disciplinary hearings. In the branch there was zero professionalism family members of the Supervisor will come and go in the Office and Warehouse as they please even count stock lock the office. Nepotism causes office politics which I ended up resigning fearing for my life cz my supirior was handed the position.

Pros

Free lunches & christmass gifts, no much overtime they know how to manage time.

Productive workplace

Good relationship with management. Friendly colleagues. Learnt to interact with customers. I enjoyed helping customers and satisfying them with good customer service.

Pros

Bonuses

I was a merchandiser ,my job was to make sure the shelve have stock check PI lables ,sometimes do orders when the field market is off

My job was to make sure that the AVI product are in the shelves, check the expiry dates, rotate stock, check PI lebles.helps customers if they need anything in the store

A professional, exciting and stimulating place to work.

AVI provides amazing variety and multiple opportunities for individuals who are hard working, self directed and capable. This organisation will push you to put and keep your best foot forward. This role allowed me to fine tune my leadership skills as I built up and managed the L&D department from scratch. I also learned vast amounts about project management, course alignment to certifying bodies e.g. City and Guilds, SETA etc. I also began my understanding of digital learning and LMS's. My understanding of manufacturing and it's related training requirements grew significantly. The culture of the organisation is tough as you have to be competent and willing to thrive. Being listed, there is rigour and one has to be stringent, organised and able to deliver. It is a very direct space where managers will be respectful but clear around non delivery. The hardest part of the job was driving key initiatives across so many businesses and getting alignment while still allowing businesses to maintain their own identity. It was also difficult to retain younger team members as the L&D structure did not allow for much mobility. The most enjoyable part of the job was the people in the organisation - they selected smart, competent and able individuals. The company was also very good at rewarding employees - they pay well and provide good development opportunities. They had a strong focus on corporate social investment and graduate development.

Competitive and fast pace

The company do looks after their employees by giving them benefits such as company car,contract phone , medical aids, laptops etc. Sometimes stressing when trying to convince the buyer to order more stock and listing new product in a store

Experience

Most institutionally and monopolized environment I have ever worked for. Company needs to be drastically transformed to reflect the demographics of our country.

Good and very strict

Your must know your stock, have experience in the field and go extra mile,be team player, honestly, work with pride in my work and act and be proud it

Coercive leadership style

Avi pays better than most companies but the hours are long. Don't think you will get there and have an opinion because you won't. You will enter in an environment whereby you get alot of warnings or disciplinary hearing for small things even if its your first mistake and if you rant your colleagues you go eat breakfast with the operations manager. Quality department at the isando site is a scape goat for the problems in the company nobody wants to take responsibility and its a blame dismissal game where you don't expect to last very long. The morale is very low Qcs are told how useless they are. Mental health us important . It's not all about money.

Pros

Market related salary

Cons

Coercive leadership

Learnt alot

Progressive company Motivating Helpful staff Performed a variety of tasks Had direct and good communication with thevaripus Business Units. The BUS were very co operative.

Pros

Excellent mentor

Productive and talent enhancing workplace

Working at Avi was inspiring, workers come in early in the morning. They encouraged excellence and I enjoyed the company benefits.Also like the fact that it a multicultural organisation.

Pros

Receiving gift hampers

Cons

Avi is a compony that operates greatly,management always expect the employees to deliver as expected every time, and from that I've lean't somethings.

Pros

Christmas lunch

Cons

Long hours and overtimes

Great place to work for

Every day was different and interesting. Management was not the best. Interaction with clients and reaching targets was enjoyable. Work culture was energetic and creative.

Pros

Assisting with the buying.

Cons

Dealing with new management.

Warehouse environment

Unfortunately i was not with AVI long enough to be able to give a review, however my interactions with staff was pleasant and it gave me first hand exposure to how the warehouse works

Pros

Very organised company and gives structure

Cons

a very fun fast paced company

A realy good company to work at as there is potential growth in the organisation.i learnt how to work in a time constraint environment and here i realised how i can work well under pressure.

Pros

free lunch, commission

High performance culture

AVI Ltd has a high performance culture. The finance team is streamlined and highly effective. The Illovo office houses the senior executives as well as their necessary reports.

very great company to work for

My position was contract but really enjoyed the environment. Friendly workmates who were eager to assist. Meeting deadlines was enjoyable. Challenges in getting information from customers was the hardest part of the job.

Pros

friendly environment and treats

Cons

short term contract

Good learning oppertunities

Every day is filled with challenges and i learned to always improvise. The management is very supportive especially with help needed. The hardest part of my work is the heavy boxes but i enjoyed it regardless.The best part of my job was that i could use my own initiative and that gives u the skill to always improvise.

Pros

Good salary

Cons

Lots of physical labour

Fun Place To Work

It's fun working here, great co-workers it's quite a crazy work environment. No long hours, alternate weekends and Sundays off. Hourly pay ain't bad compared to other retail stores.

Pros

40% discount

Cons

The work place is fine and safety

The hardest part of our job as industrial engineers is having to develop an ability to be innovative consistently. Most of our cost saving projects that we have tried to initiate had not satisfied our expectations as a result of poor support from management and negative mentality of shop floor staff. From this experience i have learnt that continuous improvement teams must not only incorporate members from management but must also involve key personnel from shop floor, this will somehow eradicate resistance during execution of new practices and standards. Through the field of industrial engineering i have gained knowledge and exposure in different functional areas of the organisation.

Pros

Good resource allocation for employees (Health programs, and refreshment areas)

Cons

When it comes to employee related issues, the company values production above employee satisfaction.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AVI PVT. LTD. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3,5 out of 5 stars for Work/Life Balance
3,3 out of 5 stars for Salary/Benefits
2,9 out of 5 stars for Job Security/Advancement
3,3 out of 5 stars for Management
3,2 out of 5 stars for Culture
  • AVI PVT. LTD
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?