AVI PVT. LTD

AVI PVT. LTD Employee Reviews

South Africa39 reviews
4,0
AVI provides amazing variety and multiple opportunities for individuals who are hard working, self directed and capable. This organisation will push you to put and keep your best foot forward.
This role allowed me to fine tune my leadership skills as I built up and managed the L&D department from scratch. I also learned vast amounts about project management, course alignment to certifying bodies e.g. City and Guilds, SETA etc. I also began my understanding of digital learning and LMS's. My understanding of manufacturing and it's related training requirements grew significantly.

The culture of the organisation is tough as you have to be competent and willing to thrive. Being listed, there is rigour and one has to be stringent, organised and able to deliver. It is a very direct space where managers will be respectful but clear around non delivery.

The hardest part of the job was driving key initiatives across so many businesses and getting alignment while still allowing businesses to maintain their own identity. It was also difficult to retain younger team members as the L&D structure did not allow for much mobility.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the people in the organisation - they selected smart, competent and able individuals. The company was also very good at rewarding employees - they pay well and provide good development opportunities. They had a strong focus on corporate social investment and graduate development.
5,0
Good relationship with management. Friendly colleagues. Learnt to interact with customers. I enjoyed helping customers and satisfying them with good customer service.
Pros
Bonuses
5,0
My job was to make sure that the AVI product are in the shelves, check the expiry dates, rotate stock, check PI lebles.helps customers if they need anything in the store
4,0
The company do looks after their employees by giving them benefits such as company car,contract phone , medical aids, laptops etc. Sometimes stressing when trying to convince the buyer to order more stock and listing new product in a store
3,0
Most institutionally and monopolized environment I have ever worked for. Company needs to be drastically transformed to reflect the demographics of our country.
5,0
Your must know your stock, have experience in the field and go extra mile,be team player, honestly, work with pride in my work and act and be proud it
1,0
Avi pays better than most companies but the hours are long. Don't think you will get there and have an opinion because you won't. You will enter in an environment whereby you get alot of warnings or disciplinary hearing for small things even if its your first mistake and if you rant your colleagues you go eat breakfast with the operations manager. Quality department at the isando site is a scape goat for the problems in the company nobody wants to take responsibility and its a blame dismissal game where you don't expect to last very long. The morale is very low Qcs are told how useless they are. Mental health us important . It's not all about money.
Pros
Market related salary
Cons
Coercive leadership
Progressive company
Motivating

Helpful staff

Performed a variety of tasks

Had direct and good communication with thevaripus Business Units.

The BUS were very co operative.
Pros
Excellent mentor
4,0
Working at Avi was inspiring, workers come in early in the morning. They encouraged excellence and I enjoyed the company benefits.Also like the fact that it a multicultural organisation.
Pros
Receiving gift hampers
Cons
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at AVI PVT. LTD?
4,0
Avi is a compony that operates greatly,management always expect the employees to deliver as expected every time, and from that I've lean't somethings.
Pros
Christmas lunch
Cons
Long hours and overtimes
5,0
Every day was different and interesting. Management was not the best. Interaction with clients and reaching targets was enjoyable. Work culture was energetic and creative.
Pros
Assisting with the buying.
Cons
Dealing with new management.
4,0
Unfortunately i was not with AVI long enough to be able to give a review, however my interactions with staff was pleasant and it gave me first hand exposure to how the warehouse works
Pros
Very organised company and gives structure
3,0
A realy good company to work at as there is potential growth in the organisation.i learnt how to work in a time constraint environment and here i realised how i can work well under pressure.
Pros
free lunch, commission
5,0
AVI Ltd has a high performance culture. The finance team is streamlined and highly effective.

The Illovo office houses the senior executives as well as their necessary reports.
4,0
My position was contract but really enjoyed the environment. Friendly workmates who were eager to assist.
Meeting deadlines was enjoyable. Challenges in getting information from customers was the hardest part of the job.
Pros
friendly environment and treats
Cons
short term contract
4,0
Every day is filled with challenges and i learned to always improvise.
The management is very supportive especially with help needed.

The hardest part of my work is the heavy boxes but i enjoyed it regardless.The best part of my job was that i could use my own initiative and that gives u the skill to always improvise.
Pros
Good salary
Cons
Lots of physical labour
4,0
It's fun working here, great co-workers it's quite a crazy work environment. No long hours, alternate weekends and Sundays off. Hourly pay ain't bad compared to other retail stores.
Pros
40% discount
3,0
The hardest part of our job as industrial engineers is having to develop an ability to be innovative consistently. Most of our cost saving projects that we have tried to initiate had not satisfied our expectations as a result of poor support from management and negative mentality of shop floor staff. From this experience i have learnt that continuous improvement teams must not only incorporate members from management but must also involve key personnel from shop floor, this will somehow eradicate resistance during execution of new practices and standards.

Through the field of industrial engineering i have gained knowledge and exposure in different functional areas of the organisation.
Pros
Good resource allocation for employees (Health programs, and refreshment areas)
Cons
When it comes to employee related issues, the company values production above employee satisfaction.
3,0
this is a good work environment to work in it provides people a chance to enhance their teamwork skills and leadership skills.and the productivity make employees to seek out better options for themselves
Pros
free stock
3,0
A typical day at work was to create spreadsheets to ensure we could analyze sales data. I didn't learn anything as the company was still being established and sourcing new reporting and planning systems.
The hardest part was manual reporting and calculation.
Pros
Opportunities for change in everyday ways of working.
Cons
No established reporting systems and data.
2,0
It was good to work there , I have enjoy from that company bt every company have its ups and downs. That company stick to the company rules like other company .
Pros
no free lunches
Cons
no long hours