BMW Group

South Africa142 reviews

3,6Work-Life Balance

Found 142 reviews matching the searchSee all 3 506 reviews

Intern

Fun place to work and learn at. High paced environment with demanding tasks. Good company culture and friendly but professional staff. I enjoyed a few laughs in my interview

Productive. Fast paced. But rewarding.

An excellent company and brand I was proud to work for. I learnt the sound rigours of brand management from concept car to launch - and how to implement breakthrough go-to-market strategies.

Dealership and the welcoming feeling for customers was on par. Top notch stock available for different walks of life clients.

Bmw super tech. Forward thinking dealership. Great location and a very eco friendly environment. Top class stock and most VAP were done in house. Saved alot of time for delivery days.

Pros

Always at the forefront of the best vehicles

Cons

Long hours, unapproachable management, staff jot valued.

Good company to work for

Avarage salary and good bonuses, difficult employees with high demands, difficult demand from business as well with less training with good exposure and experience

Pros

Premium working environment and flexible hours

Cons

Less support from management/business

Company culture

Would not recommend. The culture is toxic. No development opportunities. No rewards programme.No flexibility in work. No remote working.You have to know someone to move up in any role.People who do the least get recognition while hard workers dont get recognized. No development plans in place. You stay in the same role forever.No initiative to discuss succession planning. No exemplary topics of diversity. Favouritism.

Pros

The people

Cons

Culture, Management

It was nice to work at BMW for the time that i was there. Really nice place to work at.

I've always enjoyed selling the BMW brand. For the last 12 years that i was with the same brand of BMW. I loved the premium expirience of working there. I'm sure one day i will return again to them.

Pros

No free lunches are offered but great coffee

Cons

I travelled quite a distance due to my place of stay

Professional plant with the expected ups and downs

Professional plant with the expected ups and downsGood opportunities to travel internationally within the group.Benefits like vehicle and medical also make the package more attractive.

Very Political Environment

The company is undergoing change in it's management systems however, the culture of patronage is still very entrenched. Without any informal personal comnections, you wont grow. Production staff usually remains in their roles for over 10 years. There still remains a lot of uneducated people with lots of power.

Pros

Fair salary, great brand

Cons

No growth, highly political, food subsidy discontinued, unskilled leadership in production, High nepotism.

Productive, culture, care and respect and benefits

I have joined the company as a filing clerk in Personnel Department and after a year I was promoted to Typist/Clerk and promoted to Secretary within 5 years in the Labour Relations. Got training and was promoted to Personnel Administrator. Attended 6 months SAP Training (HR, Payroll and Procurement) internally BMW and was promoted to HR Administrator and got promotion to Payroll Administrator. The hardest job was when we used to process things manually and had to file documents on each personal file. BMW used to take care of the employees and their families.

Pros

Lunch was subsidised

Cons

8 hours per day

new work environment

productive and great work ethics. very competetive, well structured as well growth opportunities. the environment is demading but it will be good to have work flexibilty.

Bmw is the best

Bmw is one of the best cars in the world, and I am a very huge fan of bmw. I want to work and be a part of something I really like with is taking pictures of the most thing I love.

It various duties and wont be able to be specific. Work and Culture is about volume, less defaults and production and nothing less. Chasing the work all the time.

Pros

Working ours are Flexible

Cons

Normal

Working Together

In my experience, team happiness spurs productivity and by making your work environment a ‘happy place’, you can take care of your team and encourage them to get more done.

Excellent Company to work for

High level of quality management system, health ,Safety and environmental friendly. Processes very systematically. Do it right the first time mentality.

Excellent company, Great culture , keen on developing staff , great benefits . Love the new working environment and flexible working hours i.e. work from home opportunity.

Pros

Flexible working opportunity

Cons

Tough, with high expectations but excellent company

Very challenging and with high expectations. Work hard but excellent company with excellent remuneration and benefits. The stress levels is high as allot is expected from one, however the company looks after you very well.

600 Zar

Excellent atmosphere and opportunities. Brilliant people to work with and always available to assist. Made use of the full TDLC and different TM processes.

good team work

we can work as a team and practice all jobs as a team. learning is a good thing to do at bmw and the training centre is always availlable to help when you need it.

Pros

Cons

8 hours working

Good working for bmw

God bless bmw.I am enjoying my job with Gauteng department of health as clinical nurse practitioner since 2007 till date My preferred destination--USA

Great company

Unfortunately BMW is situated within South Africa and therefore must comply with the statutes as required by the government. The government enforce BEE practices. Therefore career for Caucasians are restricted.

To look after the technicians

The treatment of technicians it must inprove from the dealers and get the right management who understands the product and respect technicians send technicians to training equal

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BMW Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Based on 3 506 reviews

3,6 out of 5 stars for Work/Life Balance
3,6 out of 5 stars for Salary/Benefits
3,4 out of 5 stars for Job Security/Advancement
3,4 out of 5 stars for Management
3,6 out of 5 stars for Culture
  • BMW Group
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?