BMW Group
BMW Group Employee Review

productive working hours

4,0
27 January 2015
I always got to the work place 15min before my shift. before we start working, there is pep talk, where the team leader updates the maintenance coming in on the previous shift challenges and successes. I learned that an artisan must improvise, be fit, always remember what you learned an apply. the most important thing is an artisan must always strive to do it right the first time. Co-workers may abuse the fact that they have been working in the place for long and do not open up to new suggestions. knowing how to fix a problem and unfortunately it is not in the apprentice position to fix. so, moving away from a situation while the solution is my hands made it hard. Also having to work with improper tools, worn out tool etc. Practicing what i learned in the industry and learning more. An example would be, the process that happens before the car is painted, it is called pre-preparation plant. being trusted by the team leader that I can get a job complete well, build my confidence.
2,0Work/Life Balance
3,0Salary/Benefits
4,0Job Security/Advancement
5,0Management
5,0Culture
Pros
Personalised Job Card on weekends
Cons
spending the whole weekend at the work place
5,0
5 February 2013
Same roleSame location
millwright (Current Employee) - pretoria
mechanical and electrical,hydraulics,plc,motors,conveyors
Pros
free lunche
2,0
18 September 2020
Same location
Associate (Current Employee) - Pretoria, Gauteng
The company is undergoing change in it's management systems however, the culture of patronage is still very entrenched. Without any informal personal comnections, you wont grow. Production staff usually remains in their roles for over 10 years. There still remains a lot of uneducated people with lots of power.
Pros
Fair salary, great brand
Cons
No growth, highly political, food subsidy discontinued, unskilled leadership in production, High nepotism.
3,0
11 June 2020
Same location
HR Generalist (Current Employee) - Pretoria, Gauteng
productive and great work ethics. very competetive, well structured as well growth opportunities. the environment is demading but it will be good to have work flexibilty.
  1. productive working hours