BMW Group
3,9 out of 5 stars.

BMW Group Employee Reviews

productive and great work ethics. very competetive, well structured as well growth opportunities. the environment is demading but it will be good to have work flexibilty.
I've always enjoyed selling the BMW brand. For the last 12 years that i was with the same brand of BMW. I loved the premium expirience of working there. I'm sure one day i will return again to them.
Pros
No free lunches are offered but great coffee
Cons
I travelled quite a distance due to my place of stay
Professional plant with the expected ups and downsGood opportunities to travel internationally within the group.Benefits like vehicle and medical also make the package more attractive.
The company is undergoing change in it's management systems however, the culture of patronage is still very entrenched. Without any informal personal comnections, you wont grow. Production staff usually remains in their roles for over 10 years. There still remains a lot of uneducated people with lots of power.
Pros
Fair salary, great brand
Cons
No growth, highly political, food subsidy discontinued, unskilled leadership in production, High nepotism.
I have joined the company as a filing clerk in Personnel Department and after a year I was promoted to Typist/Clerk and promoted to Secretary within 5 years in the Labour Relations. Got training and was promoted to Personnel Administrator. Attended 6 months SAP Training (HR, Payroll and Procurement) internally BMW and was promoted to HR Administrator and got promotion to Payroll Administrator. The hardest job was when we used to process things manually and had to file documents on each personal file. BMW used to take care of the employees and their families.
Pros
Lunch was subsidised
Cons
8 hours per day
Bmw is one of the best cars in the world, and I am a very huge fan of bmw. I want to work and be a part of something I really like with is taking pictures of the most thing I love.
It various duties and wont be able to be specific. Work and Culture is about volume, less defaults and production and nothing less. Chasing the work all the time.
Pros
Working ours are Flexible
Cons
Normal
In my experience, team happiness spurs productivity and by making your work environment a ‘happy place’, you can take care of your team and encourage them to get more done.
High level of quality management system, health ,Safety and environmental friendly. Processes very systematically. Do it right the first time mentality.
Excellent company, Great culture , keen on developing staff , great benefits . Love the new working environment and flexible working hours i.e. work from home opportunity.
Pros
Flexible working opportunity
Cons
Very challenging and with high expectations. Work hard but excellent company with excellent remuneration and benefits. The stress levels is high as allot is expected from one, however the company looks after you very well.
Excellent atmosphere and opportunities. Brilliant people to work with and always available to assist. Made use of the full TDLC and different TM processes.
we can work as a team and practice all jobs as a team. learning is a good thing to do at bmw and the training centre is always availlable to help when you need it.
Pros
Cons
8 hours working
God bless bmw.I am enjoying my job with Gauteng department of health as clinical nurse practitioner since 2007 till date My preferred destination--USA
Unfortunately BMW is situated within South Africa and therefore must comply with the statutes as required by the government. The government enforce BEE practices. Therefore career for Caucasians are restricted.
The treatment of technicians it must inprove from the dealers and get the right management who understands the product and respect technicians send technicians to training equal
Bmw is a nice to work at, the company is experience giving they give support to produce quality, there is always a lot of opportunities to get experience
It was nice working for BMW. I really enjoyed it there I learned alot and did a lot of experience .They were friendly and always helped me with my Job. Ill work for them anytime again
A typical day at BMW you wake up without knowing what to expect. This because while sleeping production is taking place and new defects arise. It was very challenging and demanding. It required one to be at the tip of their toe all times. BMW firmly apply continous improvement. It a work place of culture and heritage. The most enjoyable part had to be adapting to their culture.
The owners are amazing, understanding People's people. They are business orientated, yet care for their staff. They invest time and money to make sure that their staff are happy
You can work there for years but still remain in one position,we did modules but never got certificates. You are only considered a hard worker When You work during holidays and during overtimes and that limits you from spending time with your family.fire marshalls,health representative are getting paid in Germany but not in Rosslyn,you are released late when you're supposed to go to the medical station. A healthy worker is a happy worker
  1. Employee Reviews