BMW Group
3,9 out of 5 stars.

BMW Group Job Security & Advancement reviews

productive and great work ethics. very competetive, well structured as well growth opportunities. the environment is demading but it will be good to have work flexibilty.
I've always enjoyed selling the BMW brand. For the last 12 years that i was with the same brand of BMW. I loved the premium expirience of working there. I'm sure one day i will return again to them.
Pros
No free lunches are offered but great coffee
Cons
I travelled quite a distance due to my place of stay
Professional plant with the expected ups and downsGood opportunities to travel internationally within the group.Benefits like vehicle and medical also make the package more attractive.
The company is undergoing change in it's management systems however, the culture of patronage is still very entrenched. Without any informal personal comnections, you wont grow. Production staff usually remains in their roles for over 10 years. There still remains a lot of uneducated people with lots of power.
Pros
Fair salary, great brand
Cons
No growth, highly political, food subsidy discontinued, unskilled leadership in production, High nepotism.
I have joined the company as a filing clerk in Personnel Department and after a year I was promoted to Typist/Clerk and promoted to Secretary within 5 years in the Labour Relations. Got training and was promoted to Personnel Administrator. Attended 6 months SAP Training (HR, Payroll and Procurement) internally BMW and was promoted to HR Administrator and got promotion to Payroll Administrator. The hardest job was when we used to process things manually and had to file documents on each personal file. BMW used to take care of the employees and their families.
Pros
Lunch was subsidised
Cons
8 hours per day
Excellent company, Great culture , keen on developing staff , great benefits . Love the new working environment and flexible working hours i.e. work from home opportunity.
Pros
Flexible working opportunity
Cons
Very challenging and with high expectations. Work hard but excellent company with excellent remuneration and benefits. The stress levels is high as allot is expected from one, however the company looks after you very well.
Excellent atmosphere and opportunities. Brilliant people to work with and always available to assist. Made use of the full TDLC and different TM processes.
Unfortunately BMW is situated within South Africa and therefore must comply with the statutes as required by the government. The government enforce BEE practices. Therefore career for Caucasians are restricted.
Bmw is a nice to work at, the company is experience giving they give support to produce quality, there is always a lot of opportunities to get experience
It was nice working for BMW. I really enjoyed it there I learned alot and did a lot of experience .They were friendly and always helped me with my Job. Ill work for them anytime again
You can work there for years but still remain in one position,we did modules but never got certificates. You are only considered a hard worker When You work during holidays and during overtimes and that limits you from spending time with your family.fire marshalls,health representative are getting paid in Germany but not in Rosslyn,you are released late when you're supposed to go to the medical station. A healthy worker is a happy worker
I am a loyal worker. I do my work as fast as possible. I do not find any challenges with my work anymore, for I have worked for over 12 years with BMW. I love learning new things and are always curious to learn more.
Cons
You are overworked and underpaid, job advancement is very little. Corruption is the order of the day, jobs for pals is rampant. Academic excellence and hard work is overlooked over "yes man".
Good industry to work in. Lots of exposure for growth and development. Large corporate with major focus on people investment . Has a world class training facility for associates .
A good place to work and advance one's career. Encouraged to expand one's knowledge and exposure, and encouraged self fulfillment. Employees encouraged to adopt a entrepreneurial approach to business and to take responsibility for actions taken.
It is good to work for The BMW company as you gain experience in knowing their cars,great people in terms of customers ,the experience and launching of.
Pros
Cons
Hours are normal
Professional people working Whit every day They help you fit in easy and learn fast Always learning new things And I love the challenges I got to do
Pros
Medical aid or company trance Port
Cons
Non
BMW provides good career development and professional training. There's lots of opportunity to relocate to a different country. BMW is at the forefront of technological advancement.
I enjoy every moment I spent at BMW. People are welcoming and willing to teach those whom are still new into the industry. Paintshop is an environments that has so many challenges and a lot of processes.
Cons
12 overtime
BMW has one of the very best work environment I have ever had the opportunity to work in. The people as well as the culture of the space is exceptional.
Pros
good balance between work and life; comfortable workloads
Cons
rigidity in operation
  1. Job Security & Advancement