BMW Group
3,9 out of 5 stars.

BMW Group Pay & Benefits reviews

Excellent company, Great culture , keen on developing staff , great benefits . Love the new working environment and flexible working hours i.e. work from home opportunity.
Pros
Flexible working opportunity
Cons
Professional plant with the expected ups and downsGood opportunities to travel internationally within the group.Benefits like vehicle and medical also make the package more attractive.
The company is undergoing change in it's management systems however, the culture of patronage is still very entrenched. Without any informal personal comnections, you wont grow. Production staff usually remains in their roles for over 10 years. There still remains a lot of uneducated people with lots of power.
Pros
Fair salary, great brand
Cons
No growth, highly political, food subsidy discontinued, unskilled leadership in production, High nepotism.
Very challenging and with high expectations. Work hard but excellent company with excellent remuneration and benefits. The stress levels is high as allot is expected from one, however the company looks after you very well.
You can work there for years but still remain in one position,we did modules but never got certificates. You are only considered a hard worker When You work during holidays and during overtimes and that limits you from spending time with your family.fire marshalls,health representative are getting paid in Germany but not in Rosslyn,you are released late when you're supposed to go to the medical station. A healthy worker is a happy worker
Permanent staff members enjoy the benefits. Canteen had discounts for perm staff. Friendly environment.. But don't be too friendly, must remember that you are at work. Permanent staff live their best lives
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
No discounts
A very well reserved work place filled with kind hearted people. I have learned a lot from the year that i worked there. Coming straight from school and having to learn how to operate a copy machine, fax and scanner. The management was very kind and keen to teach me a lot of new things.
Pros
staff benefits
Cons
you learn new things all the time and always have a daily challange which stimulate your brains ,management are very suppotive ,get trainings all the times to boost your carrier.
Pros
get priscribe labour lunch time
Cons
normal
BMW is a wonderful workplace to work for. We make sure that our customers get the best service ever to retain them and also get more businesses. We make sure that we meet the quality standards and satisfy our customers with best quality products.
Pros
Discounts on all BMW products
Cons
Being outsourced as there are other benefits we don't get.
Time management Safety sign Safety equipment Safety is their first priority. Working overtime, during holidays. Precautions and safety. Don't stolen from the company
Pros
Working normal hours .
Cons
Short lunch and tea time
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at BMW Group?
12 Hours shift work. Very intense work flow, and huge amount of pressure. Very intense management, no nonsense management. Dynamic workplace culture, intense workplace culture. Very long Hours, huge amount of work to process daily. Very good Salary.
Pros
Very good Salary
Cons
Very Long hours...work almost every weekend.
BMW is a great company to work for: It has a work security Competitive remunerations and benefits Growth potential is high
- A busy and professional working enviroment - Business planning meetings for dealers and importers - Planning of dealer and importer business visits per month - Target setting and KPI measurement (Service and parts) - Discussing process improvement - Professional management processes and team work - VoC voice of the customer discussions with management and co workers - Great working environment and benefits Hardest part of my job: - Time differences and time management due to vast African cultures - Economical challenges between various countries - Lack of skill and experiences Most enjoyable: - working togeather with various teams and personalities - great team player - making a difference - sharring of my experience and knowledge
Pros
Love my job and the people i work with in all areas of business
Cons
Healthcare is weak in certain areas and could do with more funds per employee
An employee has good benefits, I love the product, but job security and caring is not seen by senior management to keep a loyal and hard working employee. I feel the company is losing the good employees.
Pros
On site canteen services
Cons
Too many staircases, no lifts
BMW is a free hazardous environment and it empower their employees and develop them. BMW don't retrench they will rather give you short time working hours.
Pros
Profit share
Cons
Regular hours
I would never leave the company on any singular working day, without having learnt something new, or identified something within the working environment... Incredibly talented people and staff, pushing the boundaries of innovation and change on a daily basis... knowledge transfer and information sharing was one of the perks working at BMW. I guess the hardest part of the job, on occasion, was during upgrade phases, not being able to be with loved ones for the duration of projects. Although standby was evenly distributed among co- workers. Will never forget the one company, thus far, that has taught me a great deal, and raised my level of experience, where it is today...
Pros
Golf Days, Pizza Fridays, and Flexible Working hours from home on occasion.
Cons
Having to go into the office during public holidays.
On my morning shift i will start with compiling all defects from the day before and entre it in to the data base so that I can sort it on to a spread sheet which is used in a quality meeting with all team leaders. I then spend the rest of the day auditing up to 8 cars a day and then capture all that data. Quality and volume do not mix. Its one or the other. In this department quality comes first. Management would always look after us and take note of our concerns. I got a long very well with my co workers as we would always help each other and work as a team. The hardest part is the night shift. The best part is to be able to test drive a new BMW everyday.
Pros
benifits
Cons
night shift
BMW is a great company to work at, lots of development one can be exposed to, the salary is fair. BMW values its employees and make sure that they can provide for their families
mechanical and electrical,hydraulics,plc,motors,conveyors
Pros
free lunche
Cons
A typical day at work involves having to call customers and updating any outdated details as well as general administraive duties and meeting dealines.Being here has taught me about the history of the comapny world wide and exaclty why BMW is a premium brand.The management is as it should be when representing such and my coworkers strive for execellenceThere have not been very many challanges and the most enjoyable part will be when I get to test drive one of the cars once I have a drivers licence.
Pros
being asscoiciated with a premium brand
Cons
no benefits
i had learned team management skills, team work and support
Pros
good lunch time
Cons
normal time