BMW
3,9 out of 5 stars.

BMW Employee Reviews in Johannesburg, Gauteng

Excellent company, Great culture , keen on developing staff , great benefits . Love the new working environment and flexible working hours i.e. work from home opportunity.
Pros
Flexible working opportunity
Cons
A good place to work and advance one's career. Encouraged to expand one's knowledge and exposure, and encouraged self fulfillment. Employees encouraged to adopt a entrepreneurial approach to business and to take responsibility for actions taken.
It is good to work for The BMW company as you gain experience in knowing their cars,great people in terms of customers ,the experience and launching of.
Pros
Cons
Hours are normal
BMW is a wonderful workplace to work for. We make sure that our customers get the best service ever to retain them and also get more businesses. We make sure that we meet the quality standards and satisfy our customers with best quality products.
Pros
Discounts on all BMW products
Cons
Being outsourced as there are other benefits we don't get.
The Financial Services division is South Africa is a racist environment. The company staff is extremely old school, with no room for innovative ideas. There is a constant battle to stay ahead, and there is no work/life balance.
Cons
- A busy and professional working enviroment - Business planning meetings for dealers and importers - Planning of dealer and importer business visits per month - Target setting and KPI measurement (Service and parts) - Discussing process improvement - Professional management processes and team work - VoC voice of the customer discussions with management and co workers - Great working environment and benefits Hardest part of my job: - Time differences and time management due to vast African cultures - Economical challenges between various countries - Lack of skill and experiences Most enjoyable: - working togeather with various teams and personalities - great team player - making a difference - sharring of my experience and knowledge
Pros
Love my job and the people i work with in all areas of business
Cons
Healthcare is weak in certain areas and could do with more funds per employee
Very busy and fast pace company. Loved dealing with customers and different department.Had to be a calm person. Long working hours.
Pros
non
Cons
non
Commination with different customers...the challenge to understand each need, having to determine what works for that customer and makes him or her 100% satisfied. Always challenging to deal with staff member and having to create a positive , supportive daily structure to maintain daily business transactions. Staying strong positive and motivated with the right attitude is what makes my day. Always looking to find a solution and retain customer solution is my thriving point. I always enjoy seeing a customer leave completely satisfied and confident that we have done our very best to help him or her. Targets, Marketing, communications to various social media can always be a bit of a challenge .... but having the right people (team) right attitude anything is possible.
Pros
COmpany Car and Incentives
The most enjoyable is defintely ineteraction with all levels of employees ranging from directors and general managers to 'ordinary' employees with differing views ,cultures,experiences and ideas
Pros
Discounted car scheme
Cons
Complexity
log on , make tea/ coffee for the manager, check his emails ,repond if necessary follow up on old queries(prevoius day) check his diary, follow on each departmental query, -not realy hardest but rather, a little boring - is filling , we work with alot of paper at our company -co -workers are interesting as I work with diffferent types of people, its interesting to unfold and adopt to each one - the most enjoyable part is learning something new each day, having a very informative leader, being allowed tomanage myself , great spport from the top
Pros
Cons
no team motiavtional efforts
I have had six years of marketing experience in the financial services industry. I am keen to move to a new challenge, as I believe I have the necessary skills to add value to an organisation. I am passionate about learning and developing myself and will be an asset to any organisation, as I always strive to be the best I can possibly be. My finance skills together with my marketing and management experience, have equipped me with a greater strategic edge in thinking, formulating and implementing strategies and plans. The road to where I am in my career has been a long and winding one, one that has taught me life skills as well as skills I use in my everyday job. I have a keen eye for detail, and enjoy unpacking a problem to it's core components, making problem solving easier. I have great people skills, and believe that much of a job well done can be attributed to holding a strong relationship with stakeholders, as well as communication. I enjoy working in a progressive and innovative culture, as I bring a unique skill set, vibrant energy and expertise to the organisation.
Work starts at 07:30 in the mornings and the day ends at 17:00. Vehicles average between 60 to a 110 cars per day for servicing. All training is regularly by BMW on all aspects of servicing BMW vehicles. I enjoy working with my co-workers and helping other co-workers out when I do not have any jobs assigned to me. The hardest part of the day is when I need to wait for parts in order to repair the vehicle. The most enjoyable part of the day is when I am able to fix the car under the desired time and achieving the most units for the day.
Pros
Closed over weekends and public holidays
Cons
No overtime paid and not easy to achieve incentives due to unavailable parts
I learned how to be responsible for my job,time management,team working,, the hardest part is when there is disagreement or arguing when one has idea ...and the most enjoyable part is when the company is archiving the target and producing quality and sales are good and lastly when team work is good
Pros
own food
Cons
8hours
it is a very exciting environment, full of life, people are supportive in all prospects of ones well being i have learnt to make constructive decisions and how to treat customers professionally, handle queries with utmost importance, using my calender to dairise duties, working in a team, being a team player There is no hardest part in this job as however there are some challenges you would come across and people with more experience will assist. The most enjoyable part is the time spent resolving queries making sure that the turn around time is met at the end of the day and the statistics is high, then you get compensated by leaving early/ halfday
Pros
company car, petrol card, medical aid, pension, 13th cheque, profit share
Cons
dealers knows who is who in the company, they can escalate challenges to Managers without letting you know
everyday is a new challenge, different experiences with different customers, good friendly helpful co workers. hardest part of the job is dealing with irate customers. most enjoyable is satisfying the customers to the best of my ability.
Pros
very good canteen and smart new offices
Cons
A typical day at work involves having to call customers and updating any outdated details as well as general administraive duties and meeting dealines.Being here has taught me about the history of the comapny world wide and exaclty why BMW is a premium brand.The management is as it should be when representing such and my coworkers strive for execellenceThere have not been very many challanges and the most enjoyable part will be when I get to test drive one of the cars once I have a drivers licence.
Pros
being asscoiciated with a premium brand
Cons
no benefits
Booking test drives, providing product information, sending brochures, booking driver training, inviting client to the ride and drive events, motorplan quotes and marketing campaigns.Learned about the product and dealing with premium client, co-workers are team players and very helpful, the hardest part is putting myself in the client's situation and enjoy being able to help clients.
Pros
product training
I would start working from 7am - 17:30pm.It was a spacious and fun environment with frindly stuff members and management team. The hardest part about the job were the rude customers but I made sure they all get proper assistance.
Pros
long lunch
Cons
long working hours
  1. Johannesburg, Gauteng