BMW
3,9 out of 5 stars.

BMW Employee Reviews in Midrand, Gauteng

Very challenging and with high expectations. Work hard but excellent company with excellent remuneration and benefits. The stress levels is high as allot is expected from one, however the company looks after you very well.
Typical Day Dealing with various departments within the various dealerships to ensure optimal customer service and target achievement. Managing the F & I departments to ensure compliance within the legal requirements for that field and target achievement Motivating and coaching deepartment managers. Travel between dealerships in Gauteng and Free State What I learned is that staff are the biggest asset and managers are not always great leaders. Top performers are usually promoted to management positions without necessary training. Workplace culture, is directly affected by the "leadership" of the business. The hardest part of the job was getting managers and leaders to see where they go wrong, The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing dealerships and departments thrive and win national awards
Pros
Company Car/Commission
Cons
Permanent staff members enjoy the benefits. Canteen had discounts for perm staff. Friendly environment.. But don't be too friendly, must remember that you are at work. Permanent staff live their best lives
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
No discounts
the culture and vibe is great everyone is dedicated to their brand most enjoyable part of working there would be the people being so happy and the cars are amazing
Pros
free training
Cons
no cons
At BMW a typical day is well structured as they have the best processes and systems to assist any associate do their daily work. The company always brings to the market latest technology that is environmentally friendly. Management always do a one on one monthly reviews with their associates to help them achieve their objectives. BMW also invest a lot of time to assist dealers with their different customer challenges through different positions they have in the after-sales departments from marketing, to logistics and technical departments. Management also do quarterly reviews with all associates on what happened on the previous quarter and what to expect on the new quarter, what new products to expect and what is required from everyone.
BMW has one of the very best work environment I have ever had the opportunity to work in. The people as well as the culture of the space is exceptional.
Pros
good balance between work and life; comfortable workloads
Cons
rigidity in operation
BMW is great company to work for I have been a contractor for almost 8 years now which is the reason why I am considering moving. I am happy with the culture here though.
A typical day at work, is very early start and late finish. Learing something new everyday. Management is tops co workers are lovely. everyone is like a little family Everyday is enjoybale, learning new things and progressing in a stable career
Pros
alot of opportunities
Cons
Working at Bmw Sa is the best as I to see all the cars that have been manufactured and I was granted the opportunity to go to the plant in Rosslyn and see how the cars are built. My team is the best we assist each other when there is an escalation the team leader is willing to assist, the hardest part of my job is not being able to assist a customer with a loan tyre due to them being in a rural area or when we dont have tyres available. i enjoy delivering service to all client and with the recourses that we have its even more easy to assist.
Pros
Free launch and test drives
Cons
Escalations from customers
I go early to work before the time just to get comfortable with my work and leave after 5 clock to help with last minute work that co-workers bring to me, My relationship with my co-workers is good and never had any conflict, I've learnt a lot about accounting, financing etc. and I enjoy assisting the co-workers when they are in need of information and i do it with friendliness, the most challenging part of my job is when the queries arise but I love a challenge.
Pros
Excellent to learn in an environment where management helps you through your faults
Cons
No over-time is paid
Open plan with a lot of synergy. The experience gave me a higher level education in credit risk , but also highlighted my skill with Sales and customer orientation within BMW. The hardest part was managing credit risk responsibly . The most enjoyable part was the personable touch and the customer touch.
Pros
Quartely bonuses
Cons
A typical day in the office was very much stress free. The working environment was thee most pleasant places to go to every morning. Co-works where always so kind, helpful and understanding. Management was fair in many ways. I learned allot about the organisations culture. The hardest part of my job were my first 2 weeks. Having to learn and put faces to all the names on my directory list. Most enjoyable part of my job was casual Fridays (In the week was strictly corporate) and team buildings.
Pros
They acknowledged most of our public holidays and made them special.
Cons
Not closing during christmas holidays
Managing team Managing agencies Managing Purchasing responsibilities with Purchasing team Ensuring budget targets and processes Ensuring delivery of project objectives on time Meetings to communicate strategy and progress of launch project, budget, employee appraisals, project planning, external customers and internal service providers. My co-workers were effective and driven to meet objectives. I enjoyed the "can do" culture. Hardest part of the job was to have limited human resources limiting possible support beyond stretch targets as you can always do more with enough resources. I enjoyed the fast moving pace, the traveling and the ever changing environments of projects for event marketing. I enjoyed seeing customers enjoy an experience. I enjoyed to satisfaction my team members had when they were recognised for their input in important projects. I also enjoyed seeing the bigger picture when across departmental objectives complimented each other perfectly and seamlessly. I learned to make decisions under pressure and to ensure that my teams are taken care of. I also learned that up-front alignment is the most effective way to approach any project.
Pros
Vehicle, unlimited fuel, peformance bonus
Cons
Extreme pressure to achieve additional stretch targets with very, very short lead time.
We deal with different clients, some are friendly and easy to work with and some can be difficult to work with. But overall it has so far been a learning curve, I can say I am now able to work with different people and know how to tackle every situation I come across.I have learned how to be professional, how to deal with different types of people. My skills such as computer skills, communication skills has improved.My co-workers are very supportive to me since I am knew on the job, they have been very helpfull and enjoy working with them.I am learning a lot from them, we can work as a team and idividuals.So far I wouldn't say there has been any serious challenges that I clould not handle especially with support of my co-workers.The most enjoyable part is when a client is happy with service.
Pros
there were free lunches during our training.
Cons
i am applying elsewhere as i need more exposure to improve my skills and show what i can offer.
I had taken over someone elses book who resigned, so i had some cleaning up and catching up to do, I had an account that was 120 days in arrears, Customer was facing repossession, section letters were sent and Customer was interested with some assistance. I advised him on options that he had to make account up to date and payment arrangements. I took the arrear amount, split it over 6 months meaning his installments for 6 months will be more, gave him new calculations, and sent him paperwork to be signed and faxed back, Customer was no longer in arrears but had to keep up with his payments.I learnt alot different departments, as i had to liase with all the departments on a daily basis, even Insurance companies, Dealerships, Tracers and even updating,ammending details on system, and drawing up contracts. I learnt to work independently but Managers always available for assisting.The hardest part was when i lost my Job due to my going on Martenity leave while i was still temping.
Pros
free lunches, skills development training.
Cons
sometimes we had to work saturdays to catch up/meet deadlines
A typical day would include making sure that at least 30-35 financed deals were paid out, which means that the dealership would get their capital amount paid to them on vehicles that were financed through BMW finance, this figure would double, at least, over the month end period. It is here that my eye for detail was refined as all the correct documetation needs to be received for a payout to go through and failure to pick up on any errors would affect our personal stats. My direct manager could be described as aperfectionist and somebody who's standards and work ethic i aspire to as well as a man who has a great sense of humour and trully cared for each one of us. The hardest part of the job was keeping up with the volumes at month end but the most enjoyable was meeting targets, both individually as well as a team
Pros
being in an environment where everybody knows everybody
Cons
the canteen food
Prefer to work early and leave early. Also enjoyed the working environment.
Pros
good structure
  1. Midrand, Gauteng