BMW
3,9 out of 5 stars.

BMW Employee Reviews in Pretoria, Gauteng

productive and great work ethics. very competetive, well structured as well growth opportunities. the environment is demading but it will be good to have work flexibilty.
The company is undergoing change in it's management systems however, the culture of patronage is still very entrenched. Without any informal personal comnections, you wont grow. Production staff usually remains in their roles for over 10 years. There still remains a lot of uneducated people with lots of power.
Pros
Fair salary, great brand
Cons
No growth, highly political, food subsidy discontinued, unskilled leadership in production, High nepotism.
In my experience, team happiness spurs productivity and by making your work environment a ‘happy place’, you can take care of your team and encourage them to get more done.
God bless bmw.I am enjoying my job with Gauteng department of health as clinical nurse practitioner since 2007 till date My preferred destination--USA
I learned a lot day by day had also train new employees to gain more experience to learn methods for problem-solving and how to achieve the team target assigned on time with the best quality.
Pros
recognition
Cons
working extra mile
Dynamic yet very challenging work environment in some areas lacking support and direction. Culture i in OHS lack requiring OHS members to perform duties legally assoigned to management. Appreciates the fact that development and training is important for growth but is restricted to manufacturing environmet.
Pros
3 x Bonusses per year, Fuel Allowances, Free Medical Aid
Cons
A great company to work for. They have many systems of which they constantly align globally which makes it a very complex but stimulating environment to work in. Due to the many international initiatives and processes our country tends to not always be understood and the interventions do often not "fit". However understanding is constantly sought.
Pros
Great Remuneration packages and company cars
Cons
Long working hours to keep up with the many system changes.
Professional people working Whit every day They help you fit in easy and learn fast Always learning new things And I love the challenges I got to do
Pros
Medical aid or company trance Port
Cons
Non
Working at BMW was a wonderful experience and i would be excited to go back. You are exposed to all different kinds of sectors of thee work industry inculding work procedures and standard of BMW.
Pros
Lots of experince
Cons
Too much responsibility
planning and material handling Stock analysis monitoring of spares and stock availability review daily MRP to make sure material availability for production plans.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at BMW?
BMW offers a productive life style with focus on the wellbeing of it's employees. It also give the employees great opportunity for growth and development.
BMW provided stimulating environment, invested in training their staff, rewarding performance, and kept employees regularly informed of past performance and future plans.
Pros
Professional, pro-active, excellent customer relations and supplier management
Cons
Too stable, lack of growth opportunities
BMW is a great company to work for: It has a work security Competitive remunerations and benefits Growth potential is high
It is a good company to work for, I would refer people to go work for the company. The business is run professionally in my own opinion.
Pros
Company car hire
Cons
24 hour shift
Typical day at work is walking the extra mile. Interacting with Management / employees both internal and external as well as shop stewards. I have learned a lot about different cultures as well as people's behavior. The hardest part of my job was being affected by other employees delaying my output. The most enjoyable part of my job was not working on a weekend unless I did it to improve my own function
Pros
Fleet Vehicle / Canteen Services
Cons
Shop Stewards being extremely demanding
BMW is one of most greatest manufacturing plants in SA The systems using and the methods are precise the GIT method used is remarkable i learned a lot from this company that i still use to date in my current job it has equipped me with all the necessary skills to make sound business decisions
Pros
Time to Study is available and E-learning provided
Cons
Continously improve your skills
Professional people and learn new things every day. great culture and new challenges every day and account for your own responsibilities.
Pros
Cons
8 hours required per day 40 hours a week
BMW SA is a very fun and friendly company to work with, they have every support and care every intern student needs and they put safety first in every work space. though there are no much engineering students in the company but i can say i am enjoying doing my practicals here since i feel unique and special with my course choice around other students.
Pros
working under pressure and doing challenging activities
Cons
short hours and simple tasks
fun working with everybody in the plants including expats. Support from management and continuous education corner stone
productive and fun workplace they made me feel that i am part of the team and important.the training is perfect because they hire the best to train their employees,when it comes to family support system they are the best they bring in experts to assist in our family matters,the medical aid system still the best because they have the best clinic in the company.
Pros
profit share
Cons
transperity
get it Right First Time.i learn new things everyday. good leadership. we are a team we support each other. when we don't solve breakdown on time.when we reach the target
Pros
free gift card
Cons
no leave during year
  1. Pretoria, Gauteng