BMW
3,9 out of 5 stars.

BMW Employee Reviews in Pretoria, Gauteng

productive and great work ethics. very competetive, well structured as well growth opportunities. the environment is demading but it will be good to have work flexibilty.
I always got to the work place 15min before my shift. before we start working, there is pep talk, where the team leader updates the maintenance coming in on the previous shift challenges and successes. I learned that an artisan must improvise, be fit, always remember what you learned an apply. the most important thing is an artisan must always strive to do it right the first time. Co-workers may abuse the fact that they have been working in the place for long and do not open up to new suggestions. knowing how to fix a problem and unfortunately it is not in the apprentice position to fix. so, moving away from a situation while the solution is my hands made it hard. Also having to work with improper tools, worn out tool etc. Practicing what i learned in the industry and learning more. An example would be, the process that happens before the car is painted, it is called pre-preparation plant. being trusted by the team leader that I can get a job complete well, build my confidence.
Pros
Personalised Job Card on weekends
Cons
spending the whole weekend at the work place
I worked a 8 hour shift,rotating weekly.Issue & receive parts,monitor minimum stock levels.I learned to work under pressure to keep downtime to the minimum.I had a good relationship with management & co-workers from different cultures.The hardest part of my job was to minimize production downtime.The most enjoyable part was to walk the extra mile and learn new things daily and the appreation from management and co-workers.
Pros
Received a 3 monthly profit share bonus.
BMW is a great company to work at, lots of development one can be exposed to, the salary is fair. BMW values its employees and make sure that they can provide for their families
The team that i am working is the best as it works hard to produce quality and to reduce damages/craples and the work environment is healthy, the typical day is when the damand for is high which makes everyone to be in a rush plus to work at a quicker rate. The hardest part of my job is to not to fall behind from my work, meaning less chats with my co-workers and to put 100% focus for the entire shift and after knock off everyone is tired completely dead. I have learned that hard work and team work is the only way to produce the best results, and in everything that i do there safety has to be there meaning safety first.
Cons
I work 8 hours at BMW and if there is production we work on saturdays
The rich get richer while the poor remain suffering. this is a very big company yet their employees still earn peanuts.
Pros
None for the underclass
Cons
A pay hike would be nice
mechanical and electrical,hydraulics,plc,motors,conveyors
Pros
free lunche
Cons
I do production support for BMW SA in Rosslyn, i have to make sure all printers, scanners, Computers and all machinery are running smooth during production.I have learned how to be pro-active especially in any task i take day to day.I manage all i tickets logged by users from help desk and make sure i deliver the required support as fast as possible.My co-workers are fun and helpfull to work with.the hardest part of my job is when i have to help users to just restart a PC.Enjoyable part of my work is when i have users who really know what they need assistance with so i can help much faster.
Pros
discounts in the canteen
Cons
i had learned team management skills, team work and support
Pros
good lunch time
Cons
normal time
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at BMW?
  1. Pretoria, Gauteng