BMW Management reviews

Very challenging and with high expectations. Work hard but excellent company with excellent remuneration and benefits. The stress levels is high as allot is expected from one, however the company looks after you very well.
The company is undergoing change in it's management systems however, the culture of patronage is still very entrenched. Without any informal personal comnections, you wont grow. Production staff usually remains in their roles for over 10 years. There still remains a lot of uneducated people with lots of power.
Pros
Fair salary, great brand
Cons
No growth, highly political, food subsidy discontinued, unskilled leadership in production, High nepotism.
High level of quality management system, health ,Safety and environmental friendly. Processes very systematically. Do it right the first time mentality.
The treatment of technicians it must inprove from the dealers and get the right management who understands the product and respect technicians send technicians to training equal
You are overworked and underpaid, job advancement is very little. Corruption is the order of the day, jobs for pals is rampant. Academic excellence and hard work is overlooked over "yes man".
Typical Day Dealing with various departments within the various dealerships to ensure optimal customer service and target achievement. Managing the F & I departments to ensure compliance within the legal requirements for that field and target achievement Motivating and coaching deepartment managers. Travel between dealerships in Gauteng and Free State What I learned is that staff are the biggest asset and managers are not always great leaders. Top performers are usually promoted to management positions without necessary training. Workplace culture, is directly affected by the "leadership" of the business. The hardest part of the job was getting managers and leaders to see where they go wrong, The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing dealerships and departments thrive and win national awards
Pros
Company Car/Commission
Cons
A very well reserved work place filled with kind hearted people. I have learned a lot from the year that i worked there. Coming straight from school and having to learn how to operate a copy machine, fax and scanner. The management was very kind and keen to teach me a lot of new things.
Pros
staff benefits
Cons
• Receive End of term/early settlements for BMW client on leads • Analyse client leads for eligibility to refinance/purchase new/used vehicles • Contact clients to discuss options regarding finance and products • Liaise with banks regarding settlements on client’s behalf • Hand over all information to Sales Executives to conclude sale • Interviewing and liaison with clients • Handled applications and contracts • Vehicle quotes • Bank Instalment quotes • Pay outs to banks • Financial advice to clients • Insurance quotes for clients • Selling of Insurance Products to clients • Relationship building with existing/new client base • Analysis of client needs with regards to Instalments/rates/terms/residual values where applicable • New Business cold calling • Administration functions on BMW in-house programs (Focus Pro, Oasis, Dealernet) • Market analysis • Quotes • Selling/promoting of product range • Evaluation of Vehicles for Trade in purposes • Delivery/hand over process to clients and sign over of documentation
Pros
Awesome people to work with
Cons
Sometimes high targets
Dynamic yet very challenging work environment in some areas lacking support and direction. Culture i in OHS lack requiring OHS members to perform duties legally assoigned to management. Appreciates the fact that development and training is important for growth but is restricted to manufacturing environmet.
Pros
3 x Bonusses per year, Fuel Allowances, Free Medical Aid
Cons
At BMW a typical day is well structured as they have the best processes and systems to assist any associate do their daily work. The company always brings to the market latest technology that is environmentally friendly. Management always do a one on one monthly reviews with their associates to help them achieve their objectives. BMW also invest a lot of time to assist dealers with their different customer challenges through different positions they have in the after-sales departments from marketing, to logistics and technical departments. Management also do quarterly reviews with all associates on what happened on the previous quarter and what to expect on the new quarter, what new products to expect and what is required from everyone.
you learn new things all the time and always have a daily challange which stimulate your brains ,management are very suppotive ,get trainings all the times to boost your carrier.
Pros
get priscribe labour lunch time
Cons
normal
BMW is a beautiful company to work for and a well know brand working for bmw was a dream come true, but the workplace culture still have a lot of racism and growing as a black person was quite a challenge, in the the absence of the challenge it is a beautiful company, management needed to do a lot of courses specifically management courses it is bad for a wonderful company to loose wonderful skills given by people due to lack of understanding of people and how to treat people,
Time management Safety sign Safety equipment Safety is their first priority. Working overtime, during holidays. Precautions and safety. Don't stolen from the company
Pros
Working normal hours .
Cons
Short lunch and tea time
12 Hours shift work. Very intense work flow, and huge amount of pressure. Very intense management, no nonsense management. Dynamic workplace culture, intense workplace culture. Very long Hours, huge amount of work to process daily. Very good Salary.
Pros
Very good Salary
Cons
Very Long hours...work almost every weekend.
you look forward to going to work everyday because the working environment is a relaxed one except for when there are deadline or when its month end you then how dedicated the workers are. management is management its just that this management didnt put much pressure on staff but wanted things to be completed in time.
Pros
the cars
Cons
driving them for a short time
BMW provided stimulating environment, invested in training their staff, rewarding performance, and kept employees regularly informed of past performance and future plans.
Pros
Professional, pro-active, excellent customer relations and supplier management
Cons
Too stable, lack of growth opportunities
A typical day at work, is very early start and late finish. Learing something new everyday. Management is tops co workers are lovely. everyone is like a little family Everyday is enjoybale, learning new things and progressing in a stable career
Pros
alot of opportunities
Cons
- A busy and professional working enviroment - Business planning meetings for dealers and importers - Planning of dealer and importer business visits per month - Target setting and KPI measurement (Service and parts) - Discussing process improvement - Professional management processes and team work - VoC voice of the customer discussions with management and co workers - Great working environment and benefits Hardest part of my job: - Time differences and time management due to vast African cultures - Economical challenges between various countries - Lack of skill and experiences Most enjoyable: - working togeather with various teams and personalities - great team player - making a difference - sharring of my experience and knowledge
Pros
Love my job and the people i work with in all areas of business
Cons
Healthcare is weak in certain areas and could do with more funds per employee
An employee has good benefits, I love the product, but job security and caring is not seen by senior management to keep a loyal and hard working employee. I feel the company is losing the good employees.
Pros
On site canteen services
Cons
Too many staircases, no lifts
Typical day at work is walking the extra mile. Interacting with Management / employees both internal and external as well as shop stewards. I have learned a lot about different cultures as well as people's behavior. The hardest part of my job was being affected by other employees delaying my output. The most enjoyable part of my job was not working on a weekend unless I did it to improve my own function
Pros
Fleet Vehicle / Canteen Services
Cons
Shop Stewards being extremely demanding
I go early to work before the time just to get comfortable with my work and leave after 5 clock to help with last minute work that co-workers bring to me, My relationship with my co-workers is good and never had any conflict, I've learnt a lot about accounting, financing etc. and I enjoy assisting the co-workers when they are in need of information and i do it with friendliness, the most challenging part of my job is when the queries arise but I love a challenge.
Pros
Excellent to learn in an environment where management helps you through your faults
Cons
No over-time is paid