Bacara Resort & Spa
4,2 out of 5 stars.

Bacara Resort & Spa Employee Reviews

3,9Work-Life Balance

Hospitality industry is a fast paced environment.

It was fun. Worth it.Long hours standing, kneeling, walking, turning in ur place, running, very short & fast bathroom breaks. Always remember everybody is watching, body language counts more than the words themselves. Always look presentable, always sell yourself, be up to date in all maters of culture & personalities. Very professional work environment.

Community environment

They treated me like family though in and throughout. While also giving me the opportunity to grow. Started off as a busboy, ended as a bartender. I was involved in a life threatening accident ending my employment there, and they fully accommodated my family with free rooms/food until I got better!

Pros

Community

Cons

Rigorous work ethic

One of my favorite places to have worked

Nothing like waking up and going to work at such a beautiful place every morning. Aside from the standard of having to deal with upset guests on the daily, it was an enjoyable experience.

good place to work

an ocean side resort with fabulous views of the pacific and amazing employees working hard to fulfill every desire from the guests. fast paced and demanding

Fun place to work

Enjoyed meeting and working with fellow employees, good people, management was nice. Enjoyed the atmosphere, beautiful resort. Guests were friendly. Did not pay enough to work and live in the area.

Great atmosphere

Lovely staff always had a smile coming into work never had any problems with being employed there. Definitely enjoyed working there. One of my favorite jobs

Great Property and People

I truly enjoyed working at Bacara Resort and Spa. I property is beautiful and everyone where were always there to help and support each other. The guests have high expectations which is normal for the value of what their experience requires. During the busy season; work life balance was a challenge.

Pros

Free lunches, and friends and family rates

Cons

Staffing levels and long hours

Bacara was fun great environment to work to. I learn a lot from my managers. Its great location, great m only and great people. I definitely recommend Bacara as the 5 star rated working enviroment

Great for the Customers, Okay for the employees

My review might be biased, in the sense that my assignment with Bacara personally was as a college job and not career-related (though customer service is very relevant to my profile). I noticed the Front Desk Agents were not compensated adequately compared to other student-level positions such as valet.

Fun times

Bacara was an amazing experience. It is a beautiful location, with great food and views. The events held at the ballroom are incredible and amazing to experience.

Beautiful property

HUGE beautiful property to work at, i enjoyed being right on the beach everyday i came to work. The spa facility was great to work at, amenities were exceptional. I feel as though it has progressed since Ritz took over.

Pros

Beautiful place to work

Cons

Employee food was terrible, Clientele is disrespectful

Hard work

Nice environment. The upper management is nice but chefs of departments especially housekeeping are very bad to employees. Other employees at this department are often unsatisfied and unpleasant

Beautiful Property

Too many people looking out for themselves and not much team work. Difficult to be heard or understood. Many times much lack of leadership from the top.

pretty good job

I had a wonderful time work at Bacara Resort and Spa. I had a great boss and had great peers working around me. Flexible hours and fair pay. Would work there again.

Nice Luxury Hotel

This luxury hotel has multiple restaurants and banquet rooms and is in a beautiful setting. At the time I worked here, they had a bistro, a spa restaurant and a fine dining restaurant. I learned a lot and enjoyed my job.

Good money

I have been there through Work&Travel program as a student from Europe and it was great experience. I think they do their best work and they require that from their employees as well.

Fast paced and fun environment

Working at a resort is fun because of the environment, coworkers, and compensation. Management expects good work, understandably. Interactions with celebrities frequently.

Pros

Free meals

Cons

Late hours

Exciting Work Environment Pool-side

Management changed frequently while I was there and employees often are looking for stepping stones to rise through the ranks at within company. Lots of promotions from within and a good sense of how much responsibility one person could handle. Putting the guests first in every way can sometimes lead to over extending yourself.

Pros

Great tips, great companionship between employees, good management

Cons

Staying on your feet all day, catering to the whims of the guests

Bacara Resort & Spa

Best place to take your lunch break! I loved my time at Bacara, they offered rest pay and benefits, they were very flexible with weekends off when requested. Management was a little poor, a lot of favoritism during the time I was there, but overall I learned a lot from this job and it really opens doors to better opportunities.

Pros

The benefits

Cons

poor management

Fun work place with great people

Great people to work with. Everyone was all about team work and helping each other. Great vibes and positive energy. Management was awesome, they were always ready to help.

Poorly managed and only care about the money

The company that owns Bacara is run by bankers - not hospitality professionals. This results in poor management and severely underpaid and under-qualified staff. Most of the employees are dedicated to their clients, but are not given the tools, training, or support in their departments to do their jobs effectively. The prices for rooms and services are obscene when compared to the product that is actually provided to the client. They also have a terrible reputation within the local community for trying to close off public access to beaches.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bacara Resort & Spa. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3,9 out of 5 stars for Work/Life Balance
3,8 out of 5 stars for Salary/Benefits
3,6 out of 5 stars for Job Security/Advancement
3,6 out of 5 stars for Management
4,0 out of 5 stars for Culture
  • Bacara Resort & Spa
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?