BankservAfrica

BankservAfrica Employee Reviews

South Africa18 reviews
5,0
great place to work, tech company, regulated business, unique culture, great benefits, full industry insight, payment ecosystems, heavy security, banking
4,0
BankservAfrica as the only National Payment service provider, offered unique insights into the payments industry. Over 40 years of service meant that the services on offer were legacy which limited ability to move with technological changes as required. Constant learning's and changes impacted on daily business creating a learning environment. Being with and engaging with Banks was the most interesting part of the job as each bank viewed and managed its business differently, BSA services however remained constant.
Pros
Great skilled people
Cons
inflexibiliy
4,0
excellent work conditions,driven to do your best at all times as management was great.
Room for improvement always

You were allowed to bring in new ideas
Pros
Flexible Working Hours
Cons
Temp Position
4,0
Have a good work-life balance. Very mature management structure and products. Excellent benefits and very good teamwork, with areas of focus, clearly defined.
5,0
Very interesting company to work for. the exposure is amazing. family oriented company. everyone is treated equally. I have learned that to make focus on the customer first, we need to treat each other right first.
1,0
It was fun before the new CEO, now we don't even know if our job are secured. Reshuffling is his best priority at the moment and it makes employees to panic. Lots of favouritism in recruitment. You need to know someone in management to be hired or as long as you come from a certain company you will be considered. No open policy everything done in a wrong way from top management.
Cons
Recruitment process
5,0
I worked for Nedbank and from there I worked at Bankservafrica,we where required to work shifts, and we had to meet deadlines
the most interesting was working with the team, and indeed it was a good experience.
Pros
we had a buying canteen
3,0
Lack of culture but job security takes preference. Good annual increases and bonusses for those who met their KPI's. Fun place to work at but needs a bit of TLC
Pros
Good annual increases and bonusses for those who met their KPI's.
5,0
my role as a learner in this company was very interesting, i have learned a lot of thing in the accounting field. everything i learnt was easily accessible and transparent.
Pros
team work was encouraged
Cons
pressure
5,0
Everything is just perferct, if only one was a permanent worker. The management is perfect, the colleagues are also the best, the environment takes the number one spot.
Pros
Fun Activities.
Cons
Extra hours
4,0
it is very good to learn. it is very welcoming and very excellent in leading and managing. Learning and developing is the best company but the position i am in is quite not what i wanted. it is a learnership but the skill and knowledge i gained or gaining is solid and relevant.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
24 hours
5,0
It is fun to work at bankservafrica and is big company which is productive ,I like to work in bankservafrica I just need grow outside the company . It is a nice big company that serves all the banks
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Shifts
5,0
Well the company as a whole is a fun company, I've learned how to better interact with customer. A typical day at work is entertaining specially with the customers we come across. Hardest part of the job is handling an irate customer who is not willing to listen.
Pros
We get free lunch once a month
Cons
Shift work
4,0
work in progress with positive outlook. have met all requirements ans accomplished success made the company famous with hard work effort and unreserved determination
Pros
interaction with uk workers
3,0
Its a great company to work for if you are a permanent staff member, management is on point and people I respect and look up to. Bankservafrica covers a lot of skills which are learnt throughout the period I worked there.
Pros
Flexible Hours
4,0
Greatest company which also helps in growing individuals both personally and career wise. The type of company that deals with different campaigns which can assist employees to gain experience in different fields
Pros
Activities
Cons
Hours
3,0
A typical day at work would consist of prospecting for new clients and to meet with potential customers to tell them about how the EFT product can assist them in managing their business more effectively.

Keeping one's current customers satisfied is of utmost importance and a lot of effort goes into keeping in regular contact with them to ensure that the product works to their satisfaction and to determine whether there are other ways in which we can serve them (by means of the other products that BSVA IS offer).

I gained tremendous insight and knowledge into the workings of the EFT industry and the rules that govern the industry (e.g. PCI DSS, PA DSS, infrastructure requirements, etc).

My colleagues are all very professional and are a pleasure to work with.
Meetings, telephone calls, emails
Follow-ups on projects, new leads, client relationship management

Team work

Hardest part of the job is decisions at times being taken by someone else though it affects your work output

Enjoyable part is the travelling, meeting new people and learning and experience diversity
Pros
assistance with personal development through sponsorship of learning programmes
Cons
interference of regulatory frameworks in some countries