Barloworld Equipment

Barloworld Equipment Management reviews

South Africa95 reviews
5,0
productive and take care of employees by working safety
I was doing day to day maintenance, to work safe,very professional management, they treat everyone equal,working under stuff, given platform to work and the is very supportive
Going backwards
The family spirit is gone.You have become a number and there is anytime somebody than can replace you. Making money is king and not doing business that will bring in the money. Short term focus.
Pros
Brandname
Cons
Executive vision and decition making.
productive
It was best company to work for and environment ,they treat they employees fairly .

If I had another chance to go back there ,I would never hesitate to go back.
5,0
productive time at work commited
starts at 05:30 in the morning
open to better your self with available training on hand

part of management team
good integrity
commitment for team members

enjoying time with customers

Product Support structure
Pros
good company to work for
Cons
remuration structure
1,0
Worst company ever to work for
Barloworld equipment looks good from the outside get inside you will regret people who get paid are the ones sitting in the office field workers are the least paid and they are an undermining company to get a position it depends on who you know you can spend 20 years on the same position without them even thinking to give you a promotion through experience and knowledge, they can take
your benefits they did it to so many employees especially the department that is least educated about labor laws they turn to treat them bad with no regard to your a
Highly Pressurised Environment
I cannot say much about the BWE SAP IT Applications department. It provided me with a platform to learn much but the environment was more like working in a blast furnace. Results were produced. The environment is such that you work on a business process that needs a 1-week solution in 2 hours.

The system is highly customised, and when there is a break, the management commands the consultants to fix it the same day even if it needs more time for development and testing, and the quick solution will only be focussing on the broken part of the system and not wholistic.

The only time we would enjoy was when the managers were absent from work.

This workplace taught me to be independent, know all and tough.
Pros
learn to be independent and responsible
Cons
Very Long hours, longer than 16 hours
Depressing to work for
I wouldn't call my relatives to come an work here. Some managers do not approve overtime for office employees. Managers do not respect employees by listening to them. No room for improvements for employees of colour.
Pros
Free food for overtime
Cons
Allowances are not fixed for shift workers
Great & productive
The culture is great, the company is very innovative and motivates growth, good job security and very high tech, the management support is their great aspect and team work is always put up front, the open door policy is higly carried out and makes it easy to engage with your team high or low position
Pros
Birthday half day
Productive at Workshop
Enjoyed the enviroment,I have learned how to maintan the machine and how to service them.The management were very strict but helping to achieve the goal.The workplace was most enjoyable part of my life but the hardest part about it was working long hours.
Pros
Free luch where available at training centre
Cons
fartigue sometimes
3,0
Good company to work for
There might be a negative culture at the workplace, but it is a secure company to work for. Very good benefits that are hard to beat, which is currently the only reason I haven't moved yet.
Pros
Close at 15:00 on a friday & early & reliable payday
Cons
Bad management & negative culture within company
Great Company to work
Plan activity for day and manage staff
Assisting customer and insuring we deliver on what we promise

Management was great
Learned 5s BBC and balance of work life and continues improvement
Pros
Traveling, learning continuously
Cons
Construction under pressure
Enjoyable and very productive
I really worked nice and people and management around me were good. They were also happy with my output hence I was promoted and changed departments more than three times.
Career growth and development
My career aspirations are to find a stimulating and challenging position which builds on my university skills and knowledge, as well as professional experience. I am an ambitious individual who wants to learn and develop under the guidance of those who are at the top of their field and then use those skills to become an expert myself. That will include Management Accounting were I will be concerned with the provisions and use of accounting information within the organisations, to provide the basis to make informed business decisions allowing me to be better in my control function.

So being at Barloworld Equipment has helped me achieve the above mentioned on daily basis. The culture is one of team work, integrity and also development of individuals. Multiple project with high deliverables sometimes come as a challenge but because of team work, one can be sure to deliver in time.
company of excelence
Best place i have ever work i have learned a lot there and got a lot of training in house as this is our flag ship of yellow Ganda gandas and got what it take from its management and staff based on knowledge and safety clean workplace and safe environment to apply your operation of skill
Pros
all in house and cost to company
Cons
effectiveness and commitment in all jobs given
hectict but fun working
a very busy department, requires very time management, learn new system, good working environment and I enjoyed getting my job completed on time and accurate
Pros
working hours
Cons
long travilling
2,0
Unfair and no integrity
Management have no authority and the workplace is ruled by HR. Good learning environment and knowledge gain. No room for growth as you are only a number.
4,0
Productive and Fun to work.
Good interaction with colleagues, learning from one another, supporting each other.

Very knowledgeble people about the business.

Management of big Capital Equipment and the support rpovided experienced engineering team is core function within my Department.

Training opportunities are provided by the company and staff are encouraged to further studies.

Career advancement opportunities are also made available to staff which is qualifieed or have experience for the job.

In general the work environment is very nice.
Pros
Staff training, Management meetings, Feedback
Various maintenance
good machine availability

time management { finishing tasks within a specific time}
Good moral
communication skills

team work.

my work place was like home.
Pros
free meal for overtime
Cons
working standby and overtime
3,0
hard work and personal efforts always recognised!
Pressure filled day complicated by unwilling subordinates and unrelenting management pressure to achieve good results. The most difficult task is achieving results on schedule whilst maintaining prescribed safety standards.
Releasing a machine on time despite above challenges!
Pros
company vehicle
Cons
weekend working
5,0
A good company to work for if you want personal and career growth
depending on the section of the comp you work you have safety talks and job briefings.
barlows equipment had a lot to offer and you attend two annual courses.

Management always stand for there workers
Team building is the name of the game.
the hardest part is to finish work within deadlines when parts isnt available.

the best part of the job is getting job satisfaction and customer satisfaction.
Pros
performance achievements recognition, intensive bonus
Cons
long hours traveling
1,0
Pruductive work in my own understanding i would say, being positive, energetic and always on time leads to fun work and feeling more comfortable.
1 ) A typical day at work for me it is an everday job that you do without any pressure.

2 ) What ive learned from my work is not to mix business with pleasure and not to feel more comfprtable but to focus on whats important.

3) Management is there to support us and make sure we understand our roles in the compmany and as for my co-workers they are people who need to give a hand where help is needed and also make feel at home.

4) The hardest part of the job for me is having to deal with people who want to make my owm work hard for me or customers who doesnt want to comply to our work procedures.

5) What i enjoy about my work is haaving to work with people who are passionate and who make my work easy for me by assisting if help is needed.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Barloworld Equipment. Our community is ready to answer.
3,6