Barloworld Equipment

Barloworld Equipment Employee Reviews

South Africa96 reviews
3,0
i have learned professionalism . time management aaand peoples skills . The people at Barloworld are very professional and easy to communicate with . I love
Pros
Canteen food
4,0
A good company to work for and to grow. Nice people and a good work order daily. Started as n data entry clerk and worker myself up to a senior costing Administrator. Learnt a lot by the superior of an section.
Pros
To learn
Cons
N/a
5,0
I have worked for other big companies and I can confirm that this is the best company to work for as a young man who is still having future ahead.opportunities are there if one is willing to grow ur career with the company
Pros
I wouldn't say no to free lunch
Cons
Long hours is no a problem as long as you know what your doing
4,0
Enjoyed the enviroment,I have learned how to maintan the machine and how to service them.The management were very strict but helping to achieve the goal.The workplace was most enjoyable part of my life but the hardest part about it was working long hours.
Pros
Free luch where available at training centre
Cons
fartigue sometimes
3,0
There might be a negative culture at the workplace, but it is a secure company to work for. Very good benefits that are hard to beat, which is currently the only reason I haven't moved yet.
Pros
Close at 15:00 on a friday & early & reliable payday
Cons
Bad management & negative culture within company
4,0
Plan activity for day and manage staff
Assisting customer and insuring we deliver on what we promise

Management was great

Learned 5s BBC and balance of work life and continues improvement
Pros
Traveling, learning continuously
Cons
Construction under pressure
5,0
I really worked nice and people and management around me were good. They were also happy with my output hence I was promoted and changed departments more than three times.
5,0
Barloworld Equipment looks after it’s employees, the employee wellness programs and Thrive model is the best in the industry. I would definetly work for Barloworld again in the future, I am a skilled professional today thanks to the continuous training and mentoring offered.
Pros
Benefits- Training, Medical Aid, Pension Fund
Cons
Succession Planning
3,0
In the finance department our work is very fast paced. Our day is typically sourcing the previous information and making sure it was entered into the system correctly so that our financial values settled correctly for billing of customer invoices and for the companies GP.
Pros
Medical Aid, Pension
4,0
I did work on loaders, grader, dozers dump truck and excavator and drills. I. I did learn a lot on the machine I did work field service. Everything Was in place.
Pros
1he
Cons
8hours+overtime
5,0
My career aspirations are to find a stimulating and challenging position which builds on my university skills and knowledge, as well as professional experience. I am an ambitious individual who wants to learn and develop under the guidance of those who are at the top of their field and then use those skills to become an expert myself. That will include Management Accounting were I will be concerned with the provisions and use of accounting information within the organisations, to provide the basis to make informed business decisions allowing me to be better in my control function.

So being at Barloworld Equipment has helped me achieve the above mentioned on daily basis. The culture is one of team work, integrity and also development of individuals. Multiple project with high deliverables sometimes come as a challenge but because of team work, one can be sure to deliver in time.
4,0
Good Company, good salaries and benefits. You have to be a hard worker to make the cut. The hours are sometimes very long over year ends and half year, difficult to balance when you have children .
Pros
Good benefits
4,0
Working for the company has been good, learned a lot while working here, lot of inhouse training...
Very busy department, requires time mangement, analytical thinking
Pros
Incentives and benefits are excellent
Cons
Incentives, bonus, funeral, disability benefits
5,0
Best place i have ever work i have learned a lot there and got a lot of training in house as this is our flag ship of yellow Ganda gandas and got what it take from its management and staff based on knowledge and safety clean workplace and safe environment to apply your operation of skill
Pros
all in house and cost to company
Cons
effectiveness and commitment in all jobs given
My duties is troubleshooting
Remove and install components

Commissioning

General repair

Plug laptop on the machine to check for the faulty on the machine and fix
1,0
Very welcoming place and with enough challenges ahead, a lot of bureaucracy to solve a problem that will benefit the company's own production, but also very good place to work.
Pros
lunch
Cons
healthcare
5,0
learned a lot from this job as it was first my job after graduating,
its a place with teamwork,learning and development environment that is what is.Salary and benefits are good but as individual you have to push a good salary and benefits and according to the performance you taking out.it was my first time working fr a full complete private company. with the Experience i received i am confident to say i am fit to get into other organizations.
4,0
Doing different things everyday and growing,collegeus always help each other,there is no underestimating and we are all equal.People get rewarded for their hard-working
Pros
We have braai's sometimes
Cons
We work overtime
3,0
a very busy department, requires very time management, learn new system, good working environment and I enjoyed getting my job completed on time and accurate
Pros
working hours
Cons
long travilling
5,0
I enjoy everything I do at my work place ,as i learn everyday ,and be responsible and taking care off all my machine operators safety ,in order to achieve a productive .
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Work extra hours
4,0
Nice place to work at, i started as a apprentice and did my trade, the people in the workplace is supportive and wiling to help, the hardest part of the work is working with heavy components
Pros
Experience
Cons
Salary
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Barloworld Equipment. Our community is ready to answer.
3,6