Barloworld Equipment

Barloworld Equipment Employee Reviews

South Africa96 reviews
3,0
i have learned professionalism . time management aaand peoples skills . The people at Barloworld are very professional and easy to communicate with . I love
Pros
Canteen food
3,0
Barloword is a good company to work for , retrenching their employees is a last resort for the company, they would rather relocate you if they no longer can afford you.

Benefits like

Medical Aid and Provident Fund

but Salary is not always good.
Pros
Benefits- Medical Aid, Provident fund
Cons
Long hours and Bad salary
5,0
Barloworld is one of the best employers around and really takes care of their people.

They always live by the motto that they deal in people witch is true. I will gladly work for a company such as Barloworld Equipment again if the opportunity presents itself.
Pros
Great company benefits.
Cons
Long hours, but overtime paid.
4,0
morning meeting where we discuss safety. we then receive our schedule for the day. I have learned that you must be willing to go the extra mile to work towards a productive day.
Pros
no free luches
5,0
Everyday is a new day with new challenges, to be productive never a boring day. Safety is no1 priority in this company. Understand the companies objectives and goals. Good interaction with colleagues, learning from one another. Co-workers, we respect and value people with different opinions, diversity training was given, investing in staff.
The hardest part of the job, is at year end trying to make targets.

I have learned a lot working for Barloworld, customer comes first and Professionalism, Respect from the co workers, loyalty for the brand is of utmost importance to make a success of the business.

I learned that you can achieve anything if your mind is right. The most enjoyable part of my job is knowing when I go home I made a customer internally or externally happy/satisfied.
Pros
Brilliant Medical Aid
Cons
No Growth in our department.
3,0
Starting at Barloworld felt like a grade one starting primary school,but alot of hands was there to assist.Barloworld gives its people alot and would recommend anyone to this company.
Pros
Free overtime meals
2,0
Management have no authority and the workplace is ruled by HR. Good learning environment and knowledge gain. No room for growth as you are only a number.
4,0
The Company hosts develops young professionals like myself. The experience is fairly great, as we rotate around the company, joining different department. This gives exposure to different kinds of enviroments and different jobs. You actually get a sense of how each department works, and how that helps the company grow as a whole. One realizes the value and importance of each department.
Pros
great experience
Cons
salary
3,0
I enjoy the challenging environment. I dont enjoy that there is no growth to other positions. Also staying in Johannesburg is not safe. Its a good company medicals / company vehicles/ pension fun.
Pros
I like working and thinking on my feet
Cons
There s no growth in the company.
5,0
Everyday is a new day with new challenges . Planning is done and each person is allocated a job. If there is any electrical breakdowns, I will attend them and if I am done with them I will move over to doing maintenance on the machines that has been planned for maintenance that day. My maintenance on the Electrical side of the machine includes checking of the batteries and testing them ,checking all the electrical harness on the machine and doing ET downloads with the laptop. Inspecting and testing the starter motors and starting cables.
Pros
Transport to place of work
Cons
unfairness
4,0
It's good company to work for and Job security you can assure of, as long you follow procedures and have sober habits, understand the companies objectives and goals then you will grow . The only thing that can spoil good receipt is the chef . I can recommend people to work for this company.
Pros
Cons
Lunch time yes
4,0
I was a bursary student and did vacation work here. I only spent a few disjointed months here during my vacation. I'm sorry, there isn't much more I can say as I was barely an employee there, but this review is compulsory.
5,0
The working life is great. They develop leaders . They are great with mentorship and empowering young leaders. They are a good company to start your career.
very busy
teamwork and integrity

working under pressure due to costumer wanting their component

is to working on different types of earthmoving machin
4,0
Lots of travelling regionally since Technology department covers southern Africa,Lesotho, Botswana, Namibia and whole of South Africa,Mining Technology products always changing and greatly improved computer skills.
5,0
• Wrote copy, editing company promotional material from technical language to customer benefit focussed.
• Created De-M mailing files and response templates.

• Forecasted Sales and calculated net promoter scores for the following quarter.

• Performed a communication audit on Barloworld Marketing Campaign.

• Performed Qualitative analysis in order to derive targets for sales and customer retention rates.
5,0
Highly recommended for young professionals.
Many opportunities

Many challenges

Continuous improvement projects to improve the customer experience as this is our only source of income
Pros
Medical and Provident support from company
Cons
N/a
4,0
Good interaction with colleagues, learning from one another, supporting each other.

Very knowledgeble people about the business.

Management of big Capital Equipment and the support rpovided experienced engineering team is core function within my Department.

Training opportunities are provided by the company and staff are encouraged to further studies.

Career advancement opportunities are also made available to staff which is qualifieed or have experience for the job.

In general the work environment is very nice.
Pros
Staff training, Management meetings, Feedback
Various maintenance
good machine availability

time management { finishing tasks within a specific time}

Good moral

communication skills

team work.

my work place was like home.
Pros
free meal for overtime
Cons
working standby and overtime
4,0
its a family the are lot of good people here,
recons not balancing and its time to go

accountability good works ethics

they have different style some not fun to work with

team players willing to assist

unresolved issues

complements for the work well don e
Pros
team building
Cons
half and year end deadlines
3,0
A very good company that looks after its people. It has a good working environment catering also for the physically impaired the formally disadvantaged
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Barloworld Equipment. Our community is ready to answer.
3,6