BASF Corporation
4,1 out of 5 stars.

BASF Corporation Employee Reviews

i loved working for BASF , the people was generally fun to be with , Management did wat was important for the sustainability for the company , we all so had excellent remunerative and production incentives was ideal
Pros
Production incentives
Cons
Overtime
I enjoyed going to different places of work as I was a colour painter updater for lots of Autobody shops around Gauteng 😁. It's good company to work for with some reasonable benefits.
Cons
Normal hours
very busy during a day shift management is ok other employees is good to work with i have learned alot ..............................................
Basf is a company that produces catalytic converter. The axhaust part that convert carbon dioxide into carbon monoxide. Working inthe laboratory is very dangerous sometimes because you working with fumes but at Basf i felt safe because every week they check the gas pipes. The management is so friendly they know how to deal with different characters and they like to advice their employees. Teenvironment i
- Manage sales and technical team - Sales and cost control - Driving a customer focused team - Operational running of the branch - Running operational side of branch including stock control - Deliveries done on time - Keeping internal cost down - Motivation of staff during transition period
Scanning credit application to creditors was a typical day at work as you stand on the photocopying machine the whole day. Dealing with credit application. it is a Chemical company. It was a very wonderful and challenging job as it was a new thing to me to learn. and i enjoyed every minute of it.
Pros
Free tea and coffee
Cons
Normal hours
Major Achievements • Proposal and implementation of media centre and roll out other BASF companies. • Internal communication survey & report, recommendations for way forward - across Africa. • Store room and promotional items optimization project.
Pros
They have a canteen
Cons
I never identified any
My day is filled with finance and staff queries. Late lunches, at times no lunch at all. I learnt bank clearing, and SAP 3rd payments. My direct manager is a good and fair manager. That's all i have to say.
I learned a myriad of things at my time at BASF. The company is always looking for ways to help their staff improve on the soft skills. Be it with courses on Communicating with impact or finding the Strengths. I have come to learn that there are not many other companies that are wiling to invest in their employees in this manner. The workplace culture is very interactive and the opportunities for growth, travel and interacting with foreign colleagues is highly motivated.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
High stress
challenges and difference between aggregates and all chemicals used with concrete and their reaction to concrete .more challenging and exciting to work with
Pros
free breakfast
Cons
normal hours
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at BASF Corporation?
daily calibrations, report for daily meetings sampling of new slurry and analysis, receiving of final sample and analysis.Report any atypical results to the production .
Pros
incentives
Cons
long hours during weekend
How to work with many differnt people My mananger was a very good and understanding. working long hours. Most enjoyable moment is to work at Quality Control Lab.
Pros
No free lunch but we do have free coffee
Cons
I learnt a lot and it was a great experience.We worked hard but there was work life balanceUnfortunately had to leave as we immigrated. Would love to work with the group again
I have learned to work as a team and work with different kinds of people. I also learned communication in all levels, multitasking and prioritising. Its a nice and funny company to work with them.
Pros
Sport day, team building
Cons
Retrenchment
I enjoyed working for BASF. I learned the value of effective communication not only between colleagues but between departments as well. The workplace culture was one of inclusion and respect for the diversity within the workplace.
My day typically consisted of calling on current and new clients with in the cosmetic manufacturing industry, Attending product launches, Clinics and detailing clients on new product launches through the use of power point presentations. I would also deliver samples of raw materials to the desired specifications to be evaluated against competitor equivalents in cost cutting endeavours by the manufacturers. I enjoyed learning about the different raw materials and the many uses in which they could be applied, I learned about new product development and completed my Cosmetic Science diploma in cosmetic manufacturing. Management are engaging and enjoy interacting with their Agencies The workplace was a friendly and open environment. The hardest part of the job is waiting for the the 1 to 2 years for the final product to be launched and finally get the benefits of the volumes in the orders. The most enjoy able part of the job was being a part of the creativity and seeing the final result. its like giving birth to your little cosmetic baby, and you encourage it to grow.
Pros
many products to sell so that you could have a great chance of meeting your clients needs
Cons
when cost cutting is the only driver for product choice
The daily challenges that come with the job and the resolutions one finds at the end. The many different personalities, cultures u come into contact with. The knowledge one takes away from every conversation and the never ending learning one grasps from new technology in the industry. The way you will handle each situation differently and accordingly. The superb part about team work and the goals that are achieved. Never reaching targets is always hard but the determination to do better the next time is always at the back of the mind. The exhilarating feeling when you are placed as the top team in the division for phenomenal results achieved.
Good atmosphere and good culture... They need to give more work exposure to the contracual employees also job security. There is no job security for the contractual employees.
Multi-national company, good opportunities, multi-racial people and management with good core principles. Normally when I arrive at the work on Monday, we would have a 8am meeting regarding the past week what we did wrong and what we did right and what we can improve on regarding customer service. I learned we can still improve on our sales skills and should never just except the normal standard. We should always expect more of ourselves. Team work is more important than individual, but each individual contributes. I do not have a hardest part of my job, my challenge was I don't have enough time in the day to solve a problem. I really enjoyed working with clients and helping them succeed in their various businesses.
Pros
We did have a cafeteria and subsidized lunches at the company, with good benefits
Cons
No cons at the moment I can think of.
I really did learn a myriad of things at my time at BASF. The company is always looking for ways to help their staff improve on the soft skills. Be it with courses on Communicating with impact or finding the Strengths. I have come to learn that there are not many other companies that are wiling to invest in their employees in this manner. The workplace culture is very interactive and the opportunities for growth, travel and interacting with foreign colleagues is highly motivated. This truly expands your confidence and aids you in viewing the world as much larger than just your office in South Africa.
Pros
Canteen
Cons
Poor work/life balance
The is Team work at BASF and the other co workers are like family to me. They put family first always. Management is very professional and strict when it comes to deadlines. BASF consider quality than anything else
Cons
Bad weather
  1. Employee Reviews