BDO logo

BDO Employee Reviews

3,4Work-Life Balance

Found 54 reviews matching the searchSee all 1 454 reviews

Salary and development

For me the salary is very low and after I asked about it my contract was not renewed. The development is very slow. Its not all the offices, its the JHB office that has these difficulties and its difficult to move to another office because the current director needs to approve that.

Pros

its good for training and when you have apply for a full time employment

Cons

working overtime without compensation

Very great environtment to work at

I have learnt a lot of thing at BDO which aligned to my career,BDO also made a room for development always and the management was top class.The culture was very accommodating and very welcoming from dress code and caring for each persons growth.The most enjoyable part is having challenges that made me really learn new things,because i was dealing with many clients with different payrolls across the country ,so more than anything i enjoyed the challenges.

Pros

Flexible hours

I loved working at BDO

The culture The learning experience The people The work Everything about BDO was awesome. Like any place of work you have your pros and cons however if I had the opportunity to go back I would gladly return to BDO

Pros

Work culture

Cons

Long working hours sometimes

Vast experience obtained

Working there was interesting, I got to experience not only a wide variety of industries but a wide variety of audit work as well. There are some growing pains still that need to be worked through however, BDO is fast growing.

Challenging and professional

BDO is a highly professional and challenging company to work for. The company values responsibility and hard work and rewards those who can take initiative.

Stressfull

Stressful industry but fair workplace. Open plan office in audit department. Not so much social functions. Not so much strict working conditions. Responsible for your own growth.

Amazing people

BDO has an amazing culture and is very involved in charity events. It is expected of you to work hard and you will work overtime when there are tight deadlines. The Pretoria office is smaller than the JHB office, but the culture amazing!

Good day at work

Be honest and show what your real day is like. Emphasize how you are an effective employee on a daily basis. Showcase your enthusiasm for your work and profession. Focus on the result of your efforts and skills. Concentrate on tasks and projects that relate to the position.

Great company

Working at BDO was a great experience. The workload can become a lot sometimes. I learnt how to work better as an individual and how to work together with a large group of people. The manager was very supportive and understanding. My colleagues were hard working and always willing to assist me.

Productive and fun

Great place to work at. i would definitely work there again. the staff and management are friendly and very helpful. They are always willing to teach and assist where they can.

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at BDO?

It's just OK

It's a great place to gain work experience, but it's no place to be for long-term career advancements. There's very little room to grow in terms of both promotions and salary.

Interesting

Interesting company to work in Interesting culture and people Interesting leaders Interesting decision making abilities Interesting ethics and morales

Good Company

BDO is a great company to build a foundation for your career. The hours are fairly long but the work is interesting (corporate finance). I would recommend the firm as a whole.

Supportive Culture

BDO was a wonderful company to work for. I became ill during my time there and they did their best to keep me on even though it was for about 6 months. I would recommend working for them.

productive workplace

Working at BDO was a good learning experience and relaxed environment. I have learned basic and advanced skills concerning admin and financials aspects of a work place.

Pros

short hours

Cons

not enough challenge

Productive but biased management

Productive day at work, mostly out on clients. I learned how to audit the manufacturing, mining, and logistics industries. Management is very bias when it comes to performance ratings but is easily approachable. The workplace culture is relaxed and warm. Hardest part of the job is adapting to change and travelling.The most enjoyable part of the job is being with fellow trainees whom you can share ideas with and learn from.

Pros

Overtime benefits and travel claim

Cons

Low ratings resulting in low performance bonuses

Good company to work for

Great people, management is very down to earth and friendly, yet very professional and have high standards. Great workplace culture, fun is fundamental but no room for error.

Pros

Bonus day on your birthday

Cons

stessfull

Organised and good working structure

Enjoyable time working with professional employees and a variety of clients worked on. Developed many skills at this medium sized firm. Good experience.

Pros

Good experience and colleagues

Cons

Favouritism sometimes with managers

Professional organisation with a great culture of giving back to society

I only worked there for six months, but learnt a great deal about management, teamwork and what it means to be there for each other colleagues and as a team. The organisation also has many initiatives that promote worklife balance.

Pros

Supportive

Productive and a pleasure to work with my team

Good company to work for, different and very involved, there"s always something new to investigate and gain knowledge. My line manager is the best, she shares the information to upskill everyone in the department. The volumes and deadlines are high but workeable. That moment when the payroll is concluded and we are ready to pay.

Pros

we have systems that allow us to control the process.

Cons

The working hours in January and December are crazy.

work life

BDO is an audit firm however as I was not an auditor the only role I could advance to was secretary and the ladies who worked there enjoyed their work so there was no room to advance further than being a receptionist and I needed more for myself hence the move to SAS

Pros

Small company

Cons

no room to advance further
  • BDO