Here to help
Information from BDO:

BDO Employee Reviews

South Africa51 reviews
4,0
Working there was interesting, I got to experience not only a wide variety of industries but a wide variety of audit work as well.

There are some growing pains still that need to be worked through however, BDO is fast growing.
5,0
BDO is a highly professional and challenging company to work for. The company values responsibility and hard work and rewards those who can take initiative.
3,0
Stressful industry but fair workplace.
Open plan office in audit department.

Not so much social functions.

Not so much strict working conditions.

Responsible for your own growth.
5,0
BDO has an amazing culture and is very involved in charity events. It is expected of you to work hard and you will work overtime when there are tight deadlines. The Pretoria office is smaller than the JHB office, but the culture amazing!
3,0
Be honest and show what your real day is like.
Emphasize how you are an effective employee on a daily basis.

Showcase your enthusiasm for your work and profession.

Focus on the result of your efforts and skills.

Concentrate on tasks and projects that relate to the position.
4,0
Working at BDO was a great experience. The workload can become a lot sometimes. I learnt how to work better as an individual and how to work together with a large group of people. The manager was very supportive and understanding. My colleagues were hard working and always willing to assist me.
5,0
Great place to work at. i would definitely work there again. the staff and management are friendly and very helpful. They are always willing to teach and assist where they can.
3,0
It's a great place to gain work experience, but it's no place to be for long-term career advancements. There's very little room to grow in terms of both promotions and salary.
3,0
Interesting company to work in
Interesting culture and people

Interesting leaders

Interesting decision making abilities

Interesting ethics and morales
3,0
BDO is a great company to build a foundation for your career. The hours are fairly long but the work is interesting (corporate finance).

I would recommend the firm as a whole.
5,0
BDO was a wonderful company to work for. I became ill during my time there and they did their best to keep me on even though it was for about 6 months. I would recommend working for them.
5,0
Working at BDO was a good learning experience and relaxed environment. I have learned basic and advanced skills concerning admin and financials aspects of a work place.
Pros
short hours
Cons
not enough challenge
2,0
Productive day at work, mostly out on clients. I learned how to audit the manufacturing, mining, and logistics industries. Management is very bias when it comes to performance ratings but is easily approachable. The workplace culture is relaxed and warm. Hardest part of the job is adapting to change and travelling.The most enjoyable part of the job is being with fellow trainees whom you can share ideas with and learn from.
Pros
Overtime benefits and travel claim
Cons
Low ratings resulting in low performance bonuses
4,0
Great people, management is very down to earth and friendly, yet very professional and have high standards. Great workplace culture, fun is fundamental but no room for error.
Pros
Bonus day on your birthday
Cons
stessfull
4,0
Enjoyable time working with professional employees and a variety of clients worked on. Developed many skills at this medium sized firm. Good experience.
Pros
Good experience and colleagues
Cons
Favouritism sometimes with managers
4,0
I only worked there for six months, but learnt a great deal about management, teamwork and what it means to be there for each other colleagues and as a team. The organisation also has many initiatives that promote worklife balance.
Pros
Supportive
4,0
Good company to work for, different and very involved, there"s always something new to investigate and gain knowledge. My line manager is the best, she shares the information to upskill everyone in the department. The volumes and deadlines are high but workeable. That moment when the payroll is concluded and we are ready to pay.
Pros
we have systems that allow us to control the process.
Cons
The working hours in January and December are crazy.
3,0
BDO is an audit firm however as I was not an auditor the only role I could advance to was secretary and the ladies who worked there enjoyed their work so there was no room to advance further than being a receptionist and I needed more for myself hence the move to SAS
Pros
Small company
Cons
no room to advance further
4,0
I was very busy in my particular job and did not mingle much with my fellow employees. I experienced a total of 3 different managers with different styles in my ten year tenure.. With all of them I was left to work at my own pace and style which I appreciated. The atmosphere was congenial . I often took work home due to interruptions from other departments as well as from emails .
I was given training in excel to advance my skills as well as a little on our accounting package. I had very few dealings with upper management but had a lot with my immediate manager. The workplace culture was good as there was an open door policy with our seniors which allowed staff to express themselves. The hardest part of my job was that the companies I managed grew and so did my workload so I felt more pressured than in the past. The best part of my job was that I felt that I was trusted by my seniors as they knew I always worked to the best of my ability. My manager always appreciated me.
Pros
Modern offices with a good canteen area and relaxed atmosphere w
Cons
Long drive to work with heavy traffic both ways
3,0
No fast passed, and very average remuneration, people here are too set in their ways, the organisation does not invest sufficiently in new radical ideas and technology
Pros
free fruits
Cons
informal processes
5,0
It was a joy to work for a big company like BDO. The management team are great and will always assist. Problems are being addressed to immediately and adequate training is supplied.
Pros
Free breakfast