BDO Employee Review

Amazing people

5,0
11 March 2020
BDO has an amazing culture and is very involved in charity events. It is expected of you to work hard and you will work overtime when there are tight deadlines. The Pretoria office is smaller than the JHB office, but the culture amazing!
3,0Work/Life Balance
4,0
15 December 2016
Same role
Trainee Accountant (Former Employee) - Parktown, Gauteng
Its audit based work requiring hard work, intelligence, effective communication and team work. interest work so as to develop skill and gain work experience.
Pros
Saica Articles
4,0
3 October 2016
Same role
Trainee Accountant (Current Employee) - Johannesburg, Gauteng
A typical day as a trainee auditor involves interacting with the audit engagement team and the client in conducting an audit engagement. This includes getting financial information and supporting documents for the transactions the entity has had throughout the financial year. I have learned how to work as part of a team, how different sized organisations function and how the International Financial Reporting Standards, South African Legislation and Tax Legislation are applied by the entities. The management style at BDO is one that creates room for learning. The hardest and most enjoyable parts of the job are the fact that you work with people. In as mush as it is a joy to meet new people it can also be very hard to deal with people.
Pros
Exposure (industries and sizes of the enities)
Cons
Travelling
3,0
21 May 2018
Same location
Receptionist (Former Employee) - Pretoria, Gauteng
BDO is an audit firm however as I was not an auditor the only role I could advance to was secretary and the ladies who worked there enjoyed their work so there was no room to advance further than being a receptionist and I needed more for myself hence the move to SAS
Pros
Small company
Cons
no room to advance further