BDO Employee Review

Friendly working environment with excellent working conditions

4,0
6 January 2018
I was very busy in my particular job and did not mingle much with my fellow employees. I experienced a total of 3 different managers with different styles in my ten year tenure.. With all of them I was left to work at my own pace and style which I appreciated. The atmosphere was congenial . I often took work home due to interruptions from other departments as well as from emails . I was given training in excel to advance my skills as well as a little on our accounting package. I had very few dealings with upper management but had a lot with my immediate manager. The workplace culture was good as there was an open door policy with our seniors which allowed staff to express themselves. The hardest part of my job was that the companies I managed grew and so did my workload so I felt more pressured than in the past. The best part of my job was that I felt that I was trusted by my seniors as they knew I always worked to the best of my ability. My manager always appreciated me.
4,0Work/Life Balance
4,0Salary/Benefits
3,0Job Security/Advancement
4,0Management
4,0Culture
Pros
Modern offices with a good canteen area and relaxed atmosphere w
Cons
Long drive to work with heavy traffic both ways
5,0
3 July 2020
Article Clerk Audit (Former Employee) - Johannesburg, Gauteng
The culture The learning experience The people The work Everything about BDO was awesome. Like any place of work you have your pros and cons however if I had the opportunity to go back I would gladly return to BDO
Pros
Work culture
Cons
Long working hours sometimes
5,0
9 April 2020
Audit Senior (Current Employee) - Johannesburg, Gauteng
BDO is a highly professional and challenging company to work for. The company values responsibility and hard work and rewards those who can take initiative.
3,0
14 February 2020
Audit Senior (Former Employee) - Johannesburg, Gauteng
Be honest and show what your real day is like. Emphasize how you are an effective employee on a daily basis. Showcase your enthusiasm for your work and profession. Focus on the result of your efforts and skills. Concentrate on tasks and projects that relate to the position.
  1. Friendly working environment with excellent working conditions