BDO
BDO Employee Review

Good firm for Beginners

3,0
3 November 2020
BDO was my first public accounting firm and I enjoyed my time there. Work was good and I learned alot. However, management is extremely poor. Training for associates is pathetic because it consists of bunch of videos which does not help with your work. Management is very focused on interns and in my opinion they don't pay too much attention to newly hire associates. Instead, they have high expectations from associates that have some experience and they set associates up for failure unless the individual learns on its own.You would rarely get positive feedback and negative feedback would first be communicated to partners/directors group and then it will be communicated to you. Obviously, your performance will be judged based on those negative feedback without taking everything into consideration. Overall, you must be extremely proactive when working at BDO and over communicate with senior and managers in order to secure your place in the firm. Otherwise, you will be used in the busy season and then let go without any concrete reason.
4,0Work/Life Balance
4,0Salary/Benefits
1,0Job Security/Advancement
1,0Management
Pros
Free lunches, Flexibility
Cons
Poor management, High expectations, pathetic training
5,0
24 February 2021
Payroll Administrator (Former Employee) - South Africa
I have learnt a lot of thing at BDO which aligned to my career,BDO also made a room for development always and the management was top class.The culture was very accommodating and very welcoming from dress code and caring for each persons growth.The most enjoyable part is having challenges that made me really learn new things,because i was dealing with many clients with different payrolls across the country ,so more than anything i enjoyed the challenges.
Pros
Flexible hours
5,0
3 July 2020
Article Clerk Audit (Former Employee) - Johannesburg, Gauteng
The culture The learning experience The people The work Everything about BDO was awesome. Like any place of work you have your pros and cons however if I had the opportunity to go back I would gladly return to BDO
Pros
Work culture
Cons
Long working hours sometimes
4,0
25 May 2020
Audit Clerk (Former Employee) - Cape Town, Western Cape
Working there was interesting, I got to experience not only a wide variety of industries but a wide variety of audit work as well. There are some growing pains still that need to be worked through however, BDO is fast growing.
  1. Good firm for Beginners