BDO
BDO Employee Review

Typical Public Accouting Job

4,0
7 January 2021
Co-workers are smart and great. Most of the managers are great. Good exposure to public clients. You can learn a lot from the job. However, due to the # of clients each manager/partner handles, they don't have the time to support you. Senior or below sometimes have to run the whole show. National Training is always a little behind - train you what you have known. PTO is standard. The issue is you don't have time to use them.
1,0Work/Life Balance
3,0Salary/Benefits
5,0Job Security/Advancement
4,0Management
5,0Culture
Pros
Exposure to public clients, co-workers, easy to find job after exit
Cons
work-life balance, no enough support
5,0
24 February 2021
Payroll Administrator (Former Employee) - South Africa
I have learnt a lot of thing at BDO which aligned to my career,BDO also made a room for development always and the management was top class.The culture was very accommodating and very welcoming from dress code and caring for each persons growth.The most enjoyable part is having challenges that made me really learn new things,because i was dealing with many clients with different payrolls across the country ,so more than anything i enjoyed the challenges.
Pros
Flexible hours
5,0
3 July 2020
Article Clerk Audit (Former Employee) - Johannesburg, Gauteng
The culture The learning experience The people The work Everything about BDO was awesome. Like any place of work you have your pros and cons however if I had the opportunity to go back I would gladly return to BDO
Pros
Work culture
Cons
Long working hours sometimes
4,0
25 May 2020
Audit Clerk (Former Employee) - Cape Town, Western Cape
Working there was interesting, I got to experience not only a wide variety of industries but a wide variety of audit work as well. There are some growing pains still that need to be worked through however, BDO is fast growing.
  1. Typical Public Accouting Job