BDO
3,7 out of 5 stars.

BDO Employee Reviews for Office Administrator

Good company; very employee engaging; opportunities for growth. A fun but hard-working environment; co-workers carefully chosen for fit with the group, resulting in a cohesive team that gets along well. Tight deadlines sometimes cause for stress, but support always available to manage this.
I was just a temp receptionist and I felt sorry for the agents who worked there. If you imagine the most boring place to work and feel like you've accomplished nothing with your life... it would be amongst the cubicles of BDO. Nice people, but they were stuck. I couldn't have been more grateful for that contract to end.
Pros
Cons
little to no communication, blah
A typical day at work is very hectic. I learned being a real professional and meeting deadlines. Management is great. My colleagues are just exceptional. Everybody is willing to help each other whenever necessary. Willing to share new things with each other at all times and practice capacity building. When it is time to meet deadlines with your boss standing on top your head. when you have accomplished your objectives and deadlines have been met. It is a beautiful experience.
Pros
Capacity building, good satisfaction.
Cons
deadline rush
I very much enjoyed working with my co-workers. They were respectful and always willing to help out. The hardest part of my job was managing three offices and making sure I was communicating to the staff at each location of any building announcements from building alerts such as security issues, fire drills, teamster rallies near front entrance, electrical testing shutdowns to local building events. I learned how unionized Philadelphia is. Any work or items moved needs to be completed by a union worker.
I managed the office:taking care of new hires, training tax admins and front desk staff. I was the point of contanct for our building managers at bank of america (any issues with parking, access cards, new hire info etc. Would be presented directly to me) organized large tax events held by bdo. I also served as the tax processor and go-file-room administrator for the austin office.