BDO
3,7 out of 5 stars.

BDO Employee Reviews

Showing all 1 431 reviews
Working there was interesting, I got to experience not only a wide variety of industries but a wide variety of audit work as well. There are some growing pains still that need to be worked through however, BDO is fast growing.
Co-workers are smart and great. Most of the managers are great. Good exposure to public clients. You can learn a lot from the job. However, due to the # of clients each manager/partner handles, they don't have the time to support you. Senior or below sometimes have to run the whole show. National Training is always a little behind - train you what you have known. PTO is standard. The issue is you don't have time to use them.
Pros
Exposure to public clients, co-workers, easy to find job after exit
Cons
work-life balance, no enough support
Good place to start. No technical training program for job, depends on work and your personal time. You develop yourself. Network with customers for future opps.
Pros
Pay, Pto
Cons
Work
Si buscas un lugar para trabajar gratis (sueldo inferior a una BIG4), sin beneficios, ni crecimiento, pero con buen ambiente de trabajo y clientes interesantes, es un lugar indicado.
Pros
Clientes
Cons
Sueldo
Work was easy, extended days and weekends while monitoring email perpetually. BDO doesn't have depth, skills or brand of competition; target other firms for career growth, skill development and resume/relationship building.
Pros
Insurance good, generous PTO (if/when you can take it).
Cons
"BDO" brand. Extended hrs/wknds = never "off hours."
management are so unsupportive and blunt. really toxic environment to be a part oflack of direction and training givenno appreciation for work done.
I was just a temp receptionist and I felt sorry for the agents who worked there. If you imagine the most boring place to work and feel like you've accomplished nothing with your life... it would be amongst the cubicles of BDO. Nice people, but they were stuck. I couldn't have been more grateful for that contract to end.
Pros
Cons
little to no communication, blah
It was a job in the typical public accounting firm with less support than big 4. Very professional, smart and nice coworkers. Coworkers make life bearable. Culture is good. Always understaffed.
Pros
Experience, culture
Cons
Work life balance
Everyone that I came to meet in Grand Rapids was very polite and seemed to understand that the workplace needs to be a happy and comfortable place too.
Pros
Cafeteria with varied food options, big office
Cons
Didn't learn much while there
BDO was a great place to intern! The culture was full of fun and exciting people. I truly enjoyed coming to work everyday and being around my team members.
Pros
Free food sometimes, great culture, cares for interns
No se recibe compensaciones por el exceso de trabajo, no pagan horas extras y quieren que vivas para trabajar. El salario es muy bajo para el exceso de trabajo, no tienen un equilibrio entre la carga laboral y las horas de trabajo pagas.
Pros
La gente
Cons
Salarios bajos y demasiado trabajo sin compensación.
Buen clima laboralSe aprende bastanteTe rodeas de personas con diversos conocimientos
Overall average chartered accountant firm, I was there due to statutory training requirement of ICAP. I spent 3.5 years as registered trainee, I was average period
Cons
I worked in the bookkeeping or Outsourcing department. We had a multitude of different clients each with its own challenges and requirements which provides a wide range of experiences.
Proximité avec la hiérarchieDiversité des missionsEcoute
Pros
QVT/ Télétravail/ Bienveillance/Evolution/CE/Ecoute/Formation
BDO was my first public accounting firm and I enjoyed my time there. Work was good and I learned alot. However, management is extremely poor. Training for associates is pathetic because it consists of bunch of videos which does not help with your work. Management is very focused on interns and in my opinion they don't pay too much attention to newly hire associates. Instead, they have high expectations from associates that have some experience and they set associates up for failure unless the individual learns on its own.You would rarely get positive feedback and negative feedback would first be communicated to partners/directors group and then it will be communicated to you. Obviously, your performance will be judged based on those negative feedback without taking everything into consideration. Overall, you must be extremely proactive when working at BDO and over communicate with senior and managers in order to secure your place in the firm. Otherwise, you will be used in the busy season and then let go without any concrete reason.
Pros
Free lunches, Flexibility
Cons
Poor management, High expectations, pathetic training
During my time at BDO, everyone was very pleasant. It is a very formal place to expect to dress professionally at all times. I enjoyed the company perks!
Pros
Free lunches, good team building activities
Cons
Position insecurity
Le patron se fou de ses livreur tous se qui compte ses l argent peut importe l heur à la quel vous terminer (23h pour ma part ) alor que je commençais à 7h du matin sans pause de la journée qu il décompte quand même de la paye .. heur supplémentaire pas payer on ne peut pas prendre ses conger quand on le veut ses le patron qui nous oblige à prendre les jours que lui décide .. on se fait taper sur les doigt si on demande juste un jour de conger (enterement, maladie, ect..) entreprise non recommandée si vous avez une vie de famille .. ou non recommandée tous court
Pros
Aucun
Cons
Mauvaise paye heur sup impayée condition de travail inadmissible
Official response from BDO
22 December 2020
Je crois que vous vous avez trompé. Nous n'avons pas de chauffeurs livreurs dans nos employés.
Good team spriit and good people to work with. Audit itself is just a bit dull after several years working on the same clients. The pay whilst training is poor, but you gain the qualification which opens doors to much higher paid roles. There are more office politics than usual.
Pros
People
Cons
Office politics
0 communication and transition to work from home. took pay cuts while company still made acquisitions and reported record revenue. very limited team development activities.
Pros
put feet to fire and figure things out.
Cons
no support
Me gusto la experiencia de poder crecer rápidamente y los conocimientos aprendidos, el apoyo de los Gerentes con los Senior, la parte más difícil es que se tienen que trabajar horas adicionales y fines de semana sin tener retribución de ningún tipo.
Pros
Rapido crecimiento en relación a otras firmas de auditoria
Cons
Salario un poco por debajo
  1. Employee Reviews