BDO
3,7 out of 5 stars.

BDO Employee Reviews

Showing all 1 431 reviews
Working there was interesting, I got to experience not only a wide variety of industries but a wide variety of audit work as well. There are some growing pains still that need to be worked through however, BDO is fast growing.
Terrible place to work. Salary is laughably bad, even if you weren't required to work hundreds of hours of unpaid overtime. Work life balance does not exist. Management is powerfully unhelpful, little praise or feedback of value is ever given. Training given to perform your job as you are expected is woefully inadequate. The job eats you alive until you burn out. Get your hours and get out.
Pros
They'll pay for your designation
Cons
Everything else
The particular department in which I worked had extremely poor leadership, and the little training that was provided was terrible and informal - the supervisor who was put in charge of training me was almost never available. I was left to learn on my own, which is fine, but when I couldn't perform a particular task because my supervisor had failed to train me on it, I would receive the blame. Very little sense of community with this firm, and there is almost no effort to get new employees acclimated to the firm.
Pros
none that I can think of
Cons
lack of training, no sense of community, extremely outdated workspaces.
The entire office is friendly, welcoming, and highly skilled. From initial interview to my last day there, I enjoyed every moment at BDO. I recommend this firm, specifically the Edmonton office, to anyone looking for a rewarding position in public practice.
Pros
Training, Wages, Recognition
Cons
La compañía contaba con un ambiente laboral cómodo
Excelente trabajo, ya que hay un gran equipo de trabajo. Y la mayoría dispuestos a ayudar y enseñar lo que no sabemos e ignoramos
Pros
Ambiente laboral
Cons
Ninguno
Get to work with colleagues and seniors who were previously associated with Big 4, Get good exposure working with decent clientele. Definitely not up to the standard with global counterpart, Lacks proper management.
Cons
The culture The learning experience The people The work Everything about BDO was awesome. Like any place of work you have your pros and cons however if I had the opportunity to go back I would gladly return to BDO
Pros
Work culture
Cons
Long working hours sometimes
A empresa possui um ambiente um pouco pessado porém para aprendizado é excelente.
Pros
Conhecimento
Cons
Ambiente estressante
Working at BDO was great for my first job. I learned a lot and management helped me thrive. However, the hours were long and I was stressed. The benefits were pretty good and overall I enjoyed working for BDO.
Lovely place to work - great culture Management are lovely opportunity to move up in chain Lots of job security and opportunity to undertake activities outside of usual work
The people here are mostly friendly and the office has a nice atmosphere. The office has free fruit,squash and a decent coffee machine. I would recommend working here.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
Not enough work
Aangenomen voor verandering, het leiden van een klein team en meer bereiken in de markt. Al gauw blijkt dat anders denken en echt voordelen zoeken en adviseren voor de klant averechts werkt want het gaat bij BDO alleen op omzet maken en orders binnenhalen ook al zijn de leads niet gekwalificeerd.
Pros
Jaarcontract kan na proeftijd niet ontbonden
Cons
Stijf, stress
I complete weekly audits, therefore a typical day at work would normally be spent at a client site. There is a lot of nice, lovely people within the company.
To diliver money bank to bank from 8:30 morning to 6:00 after noon.. My work is so hard ..and so small salary .. and not safe becouse about money We training ask securety ..
Good team, benefits, matching RRSP, medical insurance, wellness program, BDO education program, CPA courses fee reimbursement, you suppose to work overtime.
Great opportunities and great people, high quality output for clients and everyone heavily involved in ensuring quality and applying themselves to job. Comes at a price of work life balance and the hours if you are committed to quality make work life balance hard as a lot of hours needed and a lot of work and grey area on roles
The organization functions as a typical consulting firm but does not do the cookie cutter approach to everything. Innovation is encouraged and all solutions are tailored to the clients needs
Pros
If at the office, stocked fridge and snacks for free. Good benefits
Cons
Need to be more people focused, Wish they would get rid of United Healthcare, they just removed Houston Methodist from our in network providers.
Chartered accountancy students are not paid fairly during their articles. Work life balance is very difficult. No proper deadline for work completion.
in general the team are good but management need to improve their skills ore and hire based on the experience not the relationship, salary were not equal for all people at the same position
Management top heavy. No progression, as everyone was either a student/junior or manager Expected to work over and above your hours but if you needed any time off then they were unreasonable.
  1. Employee Reviews