BDO
3,7 out of 5 stars.

BDO Employee Reviews in Kelowna, BC

I worked in the bookkeeping or Outsourcing department. We had a multitude of different clients each with its own challenges and requirements which provides a wide range of experiences.
Typical day at work is - work. No recognition of your loyalty and hard work. Management not helpful and find ways to make you accountable for mistakes that are honest or you have not even commit. Favouritism is widespread. Very shady workplace. Their expectations are not clear, no integrity, fairness or honesty in management. All they care about their position and bonuses. Very abusive, hostile, and greedy workplace. Great examples of human rights violation can be found here all the time. This company is a burden on the Government of Canada as they let go their employees to receive EI. High turnover of employees and one could wonder why? Only good thing is that you can have little flexibility in working hours and again all this depends on how good are your relations with the management.
Job very accommodating to helping you achieve where you want to go with your career, but the pay is noticeably low. Learned a lot since coming out of college. Management did not support as much as hoped for. Enjoyed having multiple clients.
-low wage -no room for advancement -very cliquey (don’t expect to be spoken to if you’re anything less then a manager) -toxic work environment (so much gossip) -LOW morale around ENTIRE office
Pros
They do chocolate bar Wednesday during tax season.. some like to call it diabetes Wednesday’s..
Cons
admin treated like dirt
As I only worked here for a short amount of time, for a reason, all I can say is that it is a miserable place to work in. Management is poor quality. Management was way to busy to even know what they had to do in a day. I was so excited to start working here but I quickly realized I made a huge mistake MOVING for this company. As part of the outsourcing (bookkeeping) group it is assumed that you know nothing about your job. It was very demeaning. I would not recommend this place for any person. DO NOT WORK FOR BDO.
Pros
All office supplies are available.
Cons
Everything else. HORRIBLE MANAGEMENT
• Proven ability to plan and execute small and medium audits • Independently completed numerous Review and NTR engagements for medium and large businesses in all industries • Tax planning, bookkeeping, and filing of personal and corporate income tax returns • Extensive knowledge of small-medium size businesses including wineries, not-for-profit organizations, credit unions, First Nations and municipalities • Worked well in audit teams comprised of 4-6 members, effectively communicated with client, staff and Partners
This was a great environment to work in. The pay sucks. Busy season hours are high and you still get in trouble for not working enough even if you work 50+ hours a week. Based on perfection so don't screw up.
Great place to learn to work hard and work as a team. good place to learn many aspects of many different types of business related situations.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at BDO?