BDO
3,7 out of 5 stars.

BDO Employee Reviews in Atlanta, GA

During my time at BDO, everyone was very pleasant. It is a very formal place to expect to dress professionally at all times. I enjoyed the company perks!
Pros
Free lunches, good team building activities
Cons
Position insecurity
Like most public accounting firms, it really depends on your specific office. But BDO is general is a good firm with slightly less prestige than the BIG 4 but slightly better work life balance. I enjoyed my time here and it was a great place to start a career. People are generally very smart and helpful but work life balance is always an issue as is standard for this profession.
Pros
Good people. Career advancement
Cons
Work/Life balance, stress
BDO's clients are basically just BIG4 rejects, thus the clients are usually not up to par with the standard BDO applies. Management is poor and communication is essentially non-existent.
BDO is great at creating a great work culture. The work could be strenuous and overbearinig at times, but they do take care of their employees as far as feeding them and giving them enough vacation days to recover.
Great place to work if you want the name recognition of a large public accounting firm but don't desire to work in Big 4. They have a large range of clients and many offices, both domestic and international, should one decide to relocate.
Pros
Flexibility, youthful work force
Cons
Busy season can be a bit chaotic but that's expected on some level
BDO is a small public accounting firm that focuses too hard on the brand and not the employees. I basically learned most of my job duties by trial and error. Colleagues were hesitant to assist and my managers were inept or overwhelmed.
Benefits
Cons
Management, organization, colleagues, job security
In BDO attempts to provide the same services that the big 4 provide without the talent needed to do so. Goals were not realistic and I didn't find partners there to be as prepared as someone would expect.
A great place to start career in public accounting. They provide a lot of training and immediate support. The expectations are high and they are reluctant to promote, but rather hire mid-level management from other firms
Pros
Free lunches, flexible hours
Cons
Stress, unreasonable expectations
Supervised word processing center• maintained production log of all audit reports, financial statements, correspondence, proposals and spreadsheets.• Assisted supervisor with various duties, including filing system, office equipment vendors and suppliers and bank deposits.
Pros
wonderful people
Cons
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at BDO?