BDO
3,7 out of 5 stars.

BDO Employee Reviews in Austin, TX

It gets busy during busy season, pretty relaxed outside of busy season. I enjoyed my time there. Only issue I ever had was getting enough hours outside of busy season, but I had a pretty positive experience overall.
The Good: exposure across various industries; opportunities to grow through learning modules, training conferences, and in-office lunch and learns; very knowledgeable leadership; flexibility while studying for CPA; steady raises The So-so: PTO, bonuses The Bad: travel requirements, rarely provided timely feedback, drama, the energy and attitude of each team strongly depends on the manager The Good or Bad (Depending): office likes to party together (which isn't for everybody), especially while travelling for out of town clients; clients are messy, which can be expected in this industry
An amazing place to work. You'll put in the hours expected in a larger public accounting firm but the knowledge you receive and the environment is great. The partners in Austin are open door and will help you whenever. If not for personal issues going on I would have never left. They even tried to help me find an alliance firm or office close to my hometown.
Good Compensation but very stressful client base to work with. Management team is fair Employees are very hard working and mean well. Work/life balance was very one-sided.
Not a lot of work life balance. Decent culture but very demanding. Pay not really better than a smaller firm. words words words words
I managed the office:taking care of new hires, training tax admins and front desk staff. I was the point of contanct for our building managers at bank of america (any issues with parking, access cards, new hire info etc. Would be presented directly to me) organized large tax events held by bdo. I also served as the tax processor and go-file-room administrator for the austin office.