BDO
3,7 out of 5 stars.

BDO Employee Reviews in Philadelphia, PA

BDO is like a typical public accounting firm, with lots of different options. However you really have to learn to steer your own career when you are there.
very politicalplay favoriteswork is mundaneNothing good to say about the place other than it gave me my first shot outside of college and gave me ample work experience.
Great mentors, staff and a friendly place to work at. If you are willing to put in the effort, you will definitely have an amazing experience at BDO.
management does not care about you. management works you to death and they don't care about you one bit. turnover rate here is high as well. this is not a place to stay for the long term. get the experience and leave.
I very much enjoyed working with my co-workers. They were respectful and always willing to help out. The hardest part of my job was managing three offices and making sure I was communicating to the staff at each location of any building announcements from building alerts such as security issues, fire drills, teamster rallies near front entrance, electrical testing shutdowns to local building events. I learned how unionized Philadelphia is. Any work or items moved needs to be completed by a union worker.
A typical day at work involved typing engagement letters for tax returns and business proposals to generate new revenue for the firm, mailing returns to clients via Fed Ex, working with Go File Room system to ensure all returns were filed in a timely manner, and interacting with various levels of management. The most enjoyable part of the job was learning new things and training was always available in order to do the best possible job for your clients.
Pros
Busy, fast-paced environment
Cons
Many managers were "stuck in the past" and didn't like to learn new things
Rotation is limited. People tend to stay on the same engagements year over year.
Pros
expenses are taken care of
  1. Philadelphia, PA