BDO
3,7 out of 5 stars.

BDO Employee Reviews in Pittsburgh, PA

Co-workers are smart and great. Most of the managers are great. Good exposure to public clients. You can learn a lot from the job. However, due to the # of clients each manager/partner handles, they don't have the time to support you. Senior or below sometimes have to run the whole show. National Training is always a little behind - train you what you have known. PTO is standard. The issue is you don't have time to use them.
Pros
Exposure to public clients, co-workers, easy to find job after exit
Cons
work-life balance, no enough support
It was a job in the typical public accounting firm with less support than big 4. Very professional, smart and nice coworkers. Coworkers make life bearable. Culture is good. Always understaffed.
Pros
Experience, culture
Cons
Work life balance
A lot of potential to grow and learn. Plenty of opportunity to work in different industries and development knowledge is various areas of the business world.
Would not recommend. Management is still trying to get used to BDO methodology and does not care about employees or career growth. Good for gaining experience in the public accounting world.
I was exposed to a variety of industries and was able to put my knowledge to the test. I dealt with a number of challenging clients and engagements on a daily basis.
Unfortunately I didn't have the best experience at BDO. The company promotes work/life balance. When I first got hired I was promised a schedule with specific arrangements. Unfortunately I had to leave my job there after a short time because my manager would not accommodate the original agreement.
BDO is a great place to work coming out of Big Four public accounting, however Management is a bit demanding and unrealistic.
Hardest part of job is lack of resources for non-client facing divisions of firm. Outdated technology but some great people.
The job was very detail oriented but there were always people to help you complete tasks if you were unsure of what you were doing.
BDO has an excellent reputation for both career advancement and work/life balance. My seniors and managers did a good job explaining assignments and were always willing to answer any questions that I had. The partners that I met were genuine and down to earth. The work is challenging and rewarding and there is a good variety of responsibility.
Pros
Great social events such as lunches, dinners, happy hours, softball teams, and golf outings
Cons
N/a
I was treated as any other employee and not as an intern. I was given responsibility of any other associate and this made it possible for me to learn and gain experience. I respected that I was treated as any other and wanted to complete my work accurately and thoroughly. The office was a great environment to work in. I looked forward to working each day.
Great place to work and the company really seems to care about the people.