BDO Employee Reviews in Cape Town, Western Cape

Working there was interesting, I got to experience not only a wide variety of industries but a wide variety of audit work as well. There are some growing pains still that need to be worked through however, BDO is fast growing.
Great place to work at. i would definitely work there again. the staff and management are friendly and very helpful. They are always willing to teach and assist where they can.
I learnt to multi skill under pressure and to be professional. Work place culture was auditing, advisory and tax so it was pressured. The hardest part dealing with my job was management. The most enjoyable part was setting goals for myself and doing them to the best of my ability and making it happen and seeing the clients happy at the end of the day as it made my day.
Pros
Free breakfast in the morning
Cons
Couldnt participate in socials
The best thing about the firm are the people I work with. Due to the nature of our work we mostly work in teams and teamwork is very important. We can rely on eachother and this makes working very easy and efficient.Although the deadlines are tight the support from managers are good. They always willing to help and listen when you come to a dead end.A typicaal day at work for me starts as early as possible. I always feel we never have enough hours in the day. I get to office and plan my day. Prioritise which task is important and needs to get done first.I then take the day as it comes and adjsut my schedule as things change.Most challenging part of my job. Would probaly be the deadlines. In auditing you always work on a budget and these have to be met.I have learnt through my articles to manage my time efficiently, deal with complex issues and how to solve them, work in a team enviroment but also be a individual, work under pressure.
Pros
free breakfast at work
Cons