BDO
3,7 out of 5 stars.

BDO Employee Reviews for Accounting Technician

I worked in the bookkeeping or Outsourcing department. We had a multitude of different clients each with its own challenges and requirements which provides a wide range of experiences.
I learned QBOA and Public Accounting I also learned CaseWare, Wave, and more advanced Excel Very friendly atmosphere Everybody is very helpful Having multiple clients and a diverse application at each client's office Management is very helpful in your day-today activities The work place is very quiet....This is good i enjoyed working with a divers group of people For entertainment, we can place table tennis or go for a walk
Typical day at work is - work. No recognition of your loyalty and hard work. Management not helpful and find ways to make you accountable for mistakes that are honest or you have not even commit. Favouritism is widespread. Very shady workplace. Their expectations are not clear, no integrity, fairness or honesty in management. All they care about their position and bonuses. Very abusive, hostile, and greedy workplace. Great examples of human rights violation can be found here all the time. This company is a burden on the Government of Canada as they let go their employees to receive EI. High turnover of employees and one could wonder why? Only good thing is that you can have little flexibility in working hours and again all this depends on how good are your relations with the management.
If you are starting out this is a good place to learn the ins-and-outs of all aspects of public accounting; you’ll get to try everything fairly quickly. Very high standards for end results of work product (you’ll learn quality). Salaries are WELL BELOW industry standard. Found management to be unprofessional; might be because it was a small office location but I felt management participated in and encouraged negative and destructive gossip which was a major factor in my decision to leave. Privacy when speaking with managers is not respected. Payroll made several LARGE errors that took considerable time and energy on my part to correct.
Pros
Good benefits / vacation time
Cons
Low pay, unprofessional office culture
Provide me with experience and accounting knowledge in various fields of accounting , flexible hours, team work environment.
Great place to learn to work hard and work as a team. good place to learn many aspects of many different types of business related situations.