BDO
3,7 out of 5 stars.

BDO Employee Reviews for Administrative Assistant

Variety of work and room to grow/try new things. The Firm is dedicated to retaining their employees and offer good compensation, vacation/flex days, most departments also allow for a good work/life balance.
Pros
flex days, compensation
Cons
some management/partners
I worked in the Salmon Arm office of BDO. The work is fast paced during the busy season, at tax time. The people are supportive and helpful to work with. The partners have a good work-life balance. Being an efficient worker will help you succeed in this company. I enjoyed my time with BDO.
Pros
The people
Cons
Tax time can be stressful, but you have lots of support
Pros: -Clean office environment -Up-to-date equipment -Pretty friendly people -Partners nice to work for Cons: -Company is super cheap -Not paid enough and no bonuses - they will try to pile as much work on you as possible and not compensate for it -Management is horrible - office manager is hardly ever accountable for her whereabouts when her team is looking for her, very flighty and unorganized, and moody -Extra comp days and bonuses taken off the table recently - staff were not happy - company trying to save a buck at the cost of its best employees
BDO is a great family. People at BDO are very friendly and always willin gto help you. BDO has also a great flexibility programs that work with you.
Pros
Lots of training and knowledge
Cons
No room to growth for Admin
This is a great place to learn as much as you can as Admin Assistant in a public accounting firm but not a place to stay. Too much work, not enough support, little to no appreciation of the part that Admin plays in to the overall success of the office. Depending on your location, you may get to deal with narcissistic, spoiled, entitled Partners and staff
Pros
Lot of knowledge about business - go use it at another firm who treats you like a human
Cons
High priced benefits, absolutely no work-life balance, most everyone that leaves comes out emotionally scarred
My experience at BDO was great. My boss was AMAZING, however the office atmosphere was not (at least for me). My job was very relaxed and I learned a lot doing my job. I loved my job & my boss.. unfortunately nothing is meant to last forever. And unfortunately as much as I would loved to stay there and retire from there, it wasn’t in the cards for me
Pros
Great boss
Cons
Poor office management
The admin staff are not treated very well here. There is a lot of negativity among them. Hard to find someone to help you as noone seems to know what they are doing.
Pros
Free lunches, fun work events
Cons
given hardly any training
I was joined BDD 2008 as an office boy. From the beginning of my carrier all members including managers and partners provide full support and encouragement. They provide better work culture . wonderful work place and lot of training and workshop . Giving important for ethics.Hard work and support i became as a PRO assistant. Thanks to entire team .My entire growth is just because of BDO. Thank you BDO
I was an admin at the Tampa location, I helped them relocate to the downtown office. I was promised permanent, I never received that. I was put down, bullied and most of it was because I was not Hispanic like the other admins. There was no structure and they lack competent people to train. But, everything happens for a reason and Im making more now and NO stress or constant criticism.
Pros
Money
Cons
BDO is a typical accounting that cares little for their employees and works them to the point of exhaustion. When concerns were expressed about the working conditions by my colleagues, HR ignored the complaints.
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
no work-life balance
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at BDO?
-low wage -no room for advancement -very cliquey (don’t expect to be spoken to if you’re anything less then a manager) -toxic work environment (so much gossip) -LOW morale around ENTIRE office
Pros
They do chocolate bar Wednesday during tax season.. some like to call it diabetes Wednesday’s..
Cons
admin treated like dirt
BDO is great at creating a great work culture. The work could be strenuous and overbearinig at times, but they do take care of their employees as far as feeding them and giving them enough vacation days to recover.
Overall I am grateful for the opportunity to work at BDO. It is a very professional place to work. Culture is very work oriented and hardworking. Work hours are 8:30 to 5:30 but often time extend beyond that. Its a good place to work.
Cons
No breaks only lunch
I would have loved for this position to go permanent, but it was only for 3 months. I was placed there by an out of state agency. I haven't worked with them since, but hopefully I will again in the future.
Pros
Great location; great staff; very relaxed environment
Cons
Temporary only.
The work environment is great. People are very helpful when you have questions and very friendly. The work pace is great, is extremely busy at time then you have the lull's where you are able to catch your breath. The benefits are great and 3wks vacation to start.
Pros
Can be boring at times
Cons
Benefits are amazing
A very professional workplace. Friendly staff who are committed to providing the best customer service experience to every client. A very wonderful close nit atmosphere.
I enjoyed the people I worked with and the job that I was hired to do. Their benefits are amazing and they do try to do their best to take care of their employees. Lack of communication and management made it hard to truly enjoy working here.
Cons
management, lack of communication
Enjoyed working there! I would be happy to work there again, should they ever call me! The atmosphere was fast paced, yet everyone seemed relaxed and engaged with each other!
Arrive at 8 am, check work emails, look out for someone in need of assistance, collate & assemble taxes, file client documents, eat lunch, continue with work, leaving at 5pm.
Pros
Casual Fridays, festive energy, accepting, open minded
Cons
Constantly seated, Harsh lights
Only busy during tax season. the rest of the year everyone just wonders around and pry in each others personal lives. admin group are rude and bullies. make everyone quit or make them fired! worst place to work at. manager just thinks about her personal life and talks about it 24/7. so if you want to work somewhere to listen to people talk about their personal lives it will be a great pleace for you.
Pros
Over time for 2 months during tax season
Cons
management
Very different than your Big 4 accounting firm. They operated as a mom & pop business. After an acquisition, the culture has changed significantly. Lack of communication and organization.
  1. Administrative Assistant