BDO
3,7 out of 5 stars.

BDO Employee Reviews for Audit Associate

I learned to work with audit procedures, how the real work place operates, communication skills. and taking orders.Manangement were teaching us everythng and being paciant in responding to the quetions. and also co workers were very accomadative of us.The hardest part was that it was my 1st time in a real working place.I enjoyed the learning part amd improving my self
Pros
free stationary
+ fast paced environment, great learning curve - underappreciated efforts, quick burnout - non-competitive pay - no overtime pay - almost nonexistent allowance, very stingy - medium size firm means workload is at least as bad as (if not worse than) big4, but with lesser salary - super long hours
This office is top notch even among other BDO offices. The partner group is the highest quality and they expect the work to reflect that. They foster a great learning environment. Public accounting busy seasons are intense, but there is so much learned after everyone.
People in the firm are very smart and fun to work with. I learned a lot from my managers and peers. Compared to bigger firms, I was given more responsibility over the audit at an earlier part of my career.
You are worked to death and just another peg in the cog. You're easily replaceable by a new college graduate. Get your billable hours in and hope for an offer from a company in private accounting.
Negative work atmosphere, with a revolving door of associates. There is a disconnect between management and staff that lead to dissatisfied employees leaving frequently.
Do the entry level, basic stuff Learn practical audit knowledge Effective and efficient management Work with interesting and helpful people Creative atmosphere
Difficult culture to work in while training. Nice people but very strict exam policy for trainees Lots of travel as an audit trainee but opportunity to learn from others.
CPA firm, management unorganized, not a great environment to learn in either. Nobody really knew me, decent compensation but such long hours and things never really got better for me. If you love accounting this job might be for you.
LIXIN BDO is a good workplace for young employees to learn and develop their learning ability, and pick up new knowledge and skills on every project. and senior and managers are always willing to help.
The environment of the office was very professional which helped me to develop my professional skills. Furthermore the management was very supportive and helpful. The learning experience was extremely beneficial as not only did i directly my current skills and my knowledge of the IFRSs and IASs but was able to pick up new skills such as interpersonal communication and customer relation. The most valuable lesson i learnt was time management.
Pros
Recognition of hard work, Understanding management
Cons
At times we had a lot of pressure which would take away our weekends
BDO offered many training courses which always gave the opportunity for growth. BDO also had a good work life balance. Management is very helpful and knowledgeable.
No one will provide much support or teach you. Everyone is busy with their own work and if you don't know about auditing/ accounting you won't have a very nice time. First couple of weeks I was required to watch videos which were then not very applicable/ sufficient for the job required. After this it was mostly copy pasting jobs. More attention was paid to the presentation of the internal documents than to understanding the process of an audit and accounting. I did eventually learn what an audit was about, how accounting works, what the process and reasoning is as well as other bits and bobs that I believe will be useful to me later on in life. People at this company are NOT there to make any friends, so if you are hoping to get along with your colleagues don't get a job here. ###Disclaimer: to be fair I WAS fired from this job and I can be a difficult person to deal with at times as I can open my mouth when it is really not the time. Furthermore I come from an engineering background.
Pros
no one expects you to work past 17:30
Cons
no job support
Great place to work. Friendly people and great work life balance. Excellent place for college graduates to learn their accountancy trade. Enjoyed every minute.
As an international audit and assurance firm it has high market credibility, from the point of view of both clientele and staff. The firm culture is somewhat rigid with local management generally being more lenient. It offers all the pros of a big four firm, from career advancements to benefits; and the advantages of having a smaller team, which leads to more opportunities to participate in discussions and decisions with management and partners.
Pros
compensations
Cons
workload during busy season
Analyzed 10 enterprises’ assets inspection work in Tongliao City Delivered bank confirmation, learned selective examination method, the frequency of inspecting assets and the relationship between internal control and assets inspection method Followed up work of auditing team closely and joined in asset inventory work
Typical life at a large CPA firm. Lots of work to do during busy season for both audit and tax, but great co-workers. Benefits were great and culture among my colleagues is what I desired in any job. Had no issues working with any of the audit staff. I enjoyed my time at BDO, but I was unexpectedly cut and not given any feedback on my last day. This was not too long after I was given a raise in my salary of over 4% and had just recently received experienced auditor training. Typical at-will employment situation.
Pros
Benefits, co-workers, amount of PTO
Cons
Can easily and unexpectedly lose your job
My days at work have been awesome and I have been moulded to great professional through great professional challenges. Am up to task and taking challenges was my motivation.
BDO is a great company to learn and gain valuable experience. You will be challenged and become a better auditor. However, your work will become your life and the culture of the company is all about working more and more.
Pros
Exposure to many areas of accounting
Cons
Poor work/life balance
BDO has Friendly work environment and great people to work with. Steep learning curve is required, well-structured and useful training sessions are provided.
Working with BDO is actually a mix of pros and cons. In general, people are nice and considerable, most specially when it comes to the personal needs of the employees. Nonetheless, the working environment could sometimes be stressful in a way that hardworking employee are not given much appreciation and opportunities are sometimes not given fairly to everyone. This should be one of the things that the firm should be improving more on.
Pros
Promotes work-life balance; people are considerable
Cons
Too much politics going on inside and opportunities are not fairly given to all of the employees