BDO
3,7 out of 5 stars.

BDO Employee Reviews for Auditor

A typical day at work included going out to the premises of a client as an audit team for medium to large sized clients or as an individual for a small client. Working with the company allowed me to learn the follwoing: How to analyse different areas of the clients financial statements and efficiently prepare a report that alows any individual with basic accounting and audit knowledge to arrive at the same as conclusion as mine. Effective time management to be able to meet deadlines. Perform tasks that take initiative to assist other team members to complete a project. Co-workers were innovative and motivational individuals. Management included individuals that were approachable and always willing to advise the team how to perform the tasks. The hardest part of the job pn occasion included tight deadlines that required over time. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to learn and see how other companies and industries operate. As well as gain understanding of different management styles, and methods for accounting for a transaction.
It was a job in the typical public accounting firm with less support than big 4. Very professional, smart and nice coworkers. Coworkers make life bearable. Culture is good. Always understaffed.
Pros
Experience, culture
Cons
Work life balance
Overall average chartered accountant firm, I was there due to statutory training requirement of ICAP. I spent 3.5 years as registered trainee, I was average period
Cons
Lovely place to work - great culture Management are lovely opportunity to move up in chain Lots of job security and opportunity to undertake activities outside of usual work
Chartered accountancy students are not paid fairly during their articles. Work life balance is very difficult. No proper deadline for work completion.
Corrupt Company negotiating in sketchy and illegal Government Contracts. So much that the CEO is facing Federal Charge of Corruption. Do not work for these people.
Productive day at work, mostly out on clients. I learned how to audit the manufacturing, mining, and logistics industries. Management is very bias when it comes to performance ratings but is easily approachable. The workplace culture is relaxed and warm. Hardest part of the job is adapting to change and travelling.The most enjoyable part of the job is being with fellow trainees whom you can share ideas with and learn from.
Pros
Overtime benefits and travel claim
Cons
Low ratings resulting in low performance bonuses
Learned a lot a good place to be trained and I worked as 4 years as an audit trainee and I learnt a lot.Good variate of clients where you have a great scope of learning.
Overworked and not well supported as a graduate. Work/life balance is none existing. Colleagues were lovely. The most enjoyable part was great free coffee.
First, l learn from BDO' person a lot. they do their work very efficiency and teach me how to finish my work in short time. Second, manager always organizes some activities that she don't want to make us tired.
Management at this organization is just horrible. Slave labor driver, no respect for its staff, does not even cover my professional education costs, stay away from this organization.
Empresa está em crescimento e evoluindo a cada ano. O ramo de auditoria propicia muito aprendizado e crescimento pessoal.
Pros
Benefícios de vale refeição, plano de saúde, seguro de vida.
Cons
falta de clareza por parte da gerência/sócios.
An amazing place to work. You'll put in the hours expected in a larger public accounting firm but the knowledge you receive and the environment is great. The partners in Austin are open door and will help you whenever. If not for personal issues going on I would have never left. They even tried to help me find an alliance firm or office close to my hometown.
Work without routine. Every week was something different, wich was very good. I used to work as an auditor, so i had to study a lot about accounting with best professionals of the market. I've learned a lot with them.
BDO is a great place to gain your technical knowledge and polish your interpersonal skills. The management is great and your hard work doesn't go unnoticed.
BDO bahrain is a friendly working place which helps in career development and learning improvement. The dedicated team helps in learning the team work. We get the chance to work with people of different nationalities.
Pros
people, learning, grooming
Cons
becoming a market leader
Empresa escola para um executivo. proporciona aprendizado contúnuo e cursos extras de reciclagem e desenvolvimento profissional. Rotina de trabalho variada atendendoi clientes em todo Brasil, necessário disposição para viagens.
Pros
Cursos para desenvolvimento técnico e profissional
Cons
Carga horária extra sem remuneração
BDO UK LLP is one of the most famous and reliable audit firm in the world. it is really career development and challenging and respectable job experience in audit filed. i myself proud to have work experience with this famous firm.
Pros
DSA traveling to filed facility
Cons
pension
BDO Woodbridge commercial audit falls into the 2 stars category. This is a very bottom line driven group. The budgets and staffing are set at about half of what is normal in other public accounting firm based on my past experience at other firms. This is probably intentional to extract the maximum value from each job for the partners. Great for the partners, not great for the staff. Regardless of your level, you will be constantly" earning your keep", the busier you are, the happier your boss is. I felt like I was chained to my computer for months, weekend work and busy season hours are mandatory for 4 months of the year, 1 month longer than at other firms or even a different office of the same firm. The office functions like a small firm under the BDO name. There isn't any career development and management doesn't care about your wishes and wants, it's all about getting the job done the way they want it done and in the time they want it done while offering little in the way of guidance. You are a tool to them and nothing more.
Pros
It's a paycheck but you need to be a slave. They put on a good facade.
Empresa que quer ser grande com espírito de pequena.
Pros
Salário (médio), benefícios e treinamentos.
Cons
Chefia ultrapassada.
My position at BDO was a great opportunity to learn new skills and perfect old ones. The workplace culture showed a balance between stressful and relaxed, depending on the pertinent deadlines. However, it didn't offer opportunities to grow professionally nor benefits or fair pay.
Pros
8 hours workdaay
Cons
low pay, no benefits, no job advancement oportunities