BDO

3,4Work-Life Balance
3,4Culture

Found 18 reviews matching the searchSee all 1 554 reviews

Great company

Working at BDO was a great experience. The workload can become a lot sometimes. I learnt how to work better as an individual and how to work together with a large group of people. The manager was very supportive and understanding. My colleagues were hard working and always willing to assist me.

Poor management and stressful environment

High turnover of managers due to poor leadership, working ridiculous hours and hostile culture in the regional office. Employees are generally paid well below the market. Both trainees and managers work extra hours which are unpaid. You can learn alot due to diverse range of clients

Pros

Good learning environment and leave days

Cons

Long hours, low pay, poor leadership

Very great environtment to work at

I have learnt a lot of thing at BDO which aligned to my career,BDO also made a room for development always and the management was top class.The culture was very accommodating and very welcoming from dress code and caring for each persons growth.The most enjoyable part is having challenges that made me really learn new things,because i was dealing with many clients with different payrolls across the country ,so more than anything i enjoyed the challenges.

Pros

Flexible hours

I loved working at BDO

The culture The learning experience The people The work Everything about BDO was awesome. Like any place of work you have your pros and cons however if I had the opportunity to go back I would gladly return to BDO

Pros

Work culture

Cons

Long working hours sometimes

Amazing people

BDO has an amazing culture and is very involved in charity events. It is expected of you to work hard and you will work overtime when there are tight deadlines. The Pretoria office is smaller than the JHB office, but the culture amazing!

Productive and fun

Great place to work at. i would definitely work there again. the staff and management are friendly and very helpful. They are always willing to teach and assist where they can.

Interesting

Interesting company to work in Interesting culture and people Interesting leaders Interesting decision making abilities Interesting ethics and morales

Productive but biased management

Productive day at work, mostly out on clients. I learned how to audit the manufacturing, mining, and logistics industries. Management is very bias when it comes to performance ratings but is easily approachable. The workplace culture is relaxed and warm. Hardest part of the job is adapting to change and travelling.The most enjoyable part of the job is being with fellow trainees whom you can share ideas with and learn from.

Pros

Overtime benefits and travel claim

Cons

Low ratings resulting in low performance bonuses

Good company to work for

Great people, management is very down to earth and friendly, yet very professional and have high standards. Great workplace culture, fun is fundamental but no room for error.

Pros

Bonus day on your birthday

Cons

stessfull

Professional organisation with a great culture of giving back to society

I only worked there for six months, but learnt a great deal about management, teamwork and what it means to be there for each other colleagues and as a team. The organisation also has many initiatives that promote worklife balance.

Pros

Supportive

Friendly working environment with excellent working conditions

I was very busy in my particular job and did not mingle much with my fellow employees. I experienced a total of 3 different managers with different styles in my ten year tenure.. With all of them I was left to work at my own pace and style which I appreciated. The atmosphere was congenial . I often took work home due to interruptions from other departments as well as from emails . I was given training in excel to advance my skills as well as a little on our accounting package. I had very few dealings with upper management but had a lot with my immediate manager. The workplace culture was good as there was an open door policy with our seniors which allowed staff to express themselves. The hardest part of my job was that the companies I managed grew and so did my workload so I felt more pressured than in the past. The best part of my job was that I felt that I was trusted by my seniors as they knew I always worked to the best of my ability. My manager always appreciated me.

Pros

Modern offices with a good canteen area and relaxed atmosphere w

Cons

Long drive to work with heavy traffic both ways

Was productive and happy

I learnt to multi skill under pressure and to be professional. Work place culture was auditing, advisory and tax so it was pressured. The hardest part dealing with my job was management. The most enjoyable part was setting goals for myself and doing them to the best of my ability and making it happen and seeing the clients happy at the end of the day as it made my day.

Pros

Free breakfast in the morning

Cons

Couldnt participate in socials

Good and Productive company to work for.

BDO is such a nice and accommodative company to work for. The culture is very good and the enviroment is a conducive one and one can learn so much from. It is good for learning purposes. You get exposure to different industries and can attain very good skills that can be of great help in your career growth.

Pros

Fair chance to grow and develop

Cons

Long hours (sometimes)

Great working environment and a good learning curve

Very hectic Deadline driven Goal meeting Friendly staff and management Challenging environment Great career support structure Provided a lot of on the job training

Fun place to be and good experiance

At BDO we have a good culture and we understand different backgrounds from culture to education. We are exposed to professional training ranging from communication to customer satisfaction. We do participates every month end drinks and socialising. We attend training almost every time. The IT department team is always there to support us. Get motivated and expossed to international opportunities. Deal with top management on a daily bases and able to build professional relationship with all our clients.

Pros

Month end drinks and comedy shows

Cons

Few financial services clients

Productive but very very serious

Fair place to work - learned aot when it came to management - many workshops

Pros

lot of workshops

Cons

people not very friendly

productive and fun working enviroment

working hours 8 am to 4h30 pm.I have learnt how the finance department works and the responsibilities of a finance manager, financial accountant, accountant of a company.The importance of meeting budgets and the importance of drafting a budget for the expected performance or targets.Working in teams was the most enjoyable part of the job.

Productive and exprience with different companies

The job was worth doing had to meet lots of people during the traineeshipand management lead by example

Pros

lot of exprience

Cons

salary

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BDO. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Based on 1 554 reviews