BDO

3,4Work-Life Balance
3,4Job Security & Advancement

Found 24 reviews matching the searchSee all 1 554 reviews

Salary and development

For me the salary is very low and after I asked about it my contract was not renewed. The development is very slow. Its not all the offices, its the JHB office that has these difficulties and its difficult to move to another office because the current director needs to approve that.

Pros

its good for training and when you have apply for a full time employment

Cons

working overtime without compensation

Very great environtment to work at

I have learnt a lot of thing at BDO which aligned to my career,BDO also made a room for development always and the management was top class.The culture was very accommodating and very welcoming from dress code and caring for each persons growth.The most enjoyable part is having challenges that made me really learn new things,because i was dealing with many clients with different payrolls across the country ,so more than anything i enjoyed the challenges.

Pros

Flexible hours

I loved working at BDO

The culture The learning experience The people The work Everything about BDO was awesome. Like any place of work you have your pros and cons however if I had the opportunity to go back I would gladly return to BDO

Pros

Work culture

Cons

Long working hours sometimes

Vast experience obtained

Working there was interesting, I got to experience not only a wide variety of industries but a wide variety of audit work as well. There are some growing pains still that need to be worked through however, BDO is fast growing.

Challenging and professional

BDO is a highly professional and challenging company to work for. The company values responsibility and hard work and rewards those who can take initiative.

It's just OK

It's a great place to gain work experience, but it's no place to be for long-term career advancements. There's very little room to grow in terms of both promotions and salary.

Interesting

Interesting company to work in Interesting culture and people Interesting leaders Interesting decision making abilities Interesting ethics and morales

Good Company

BDO is a great company to build a foundation for your career. The hours are fairly long but the work is interesting (corporate finance). I would recommend the firm as a whole.

Supportive Culture

BDO was a wonderful company to work for. I became ill during my time there and they did their best to keep me on even though it was for about 6 months. I would recommend working for them.

productive workplace

Working at BDO was a good learning experience and relaxed environment. I have learned basic and advanced skills concerning admin and financials aspects of a work place.

Pros

short hours

Cons

not enough challenge

Organised and good working structure

Enjoyable time working with professional employees and a variety of clients worked on. Developed many skills at this medium sized firm. Good experience.

Pros

Good experience and colleagues

Cons

Favouritism sometimes with managers

work life

BDO is an audit firm however as I was not an auditor the only role I could advance to was secretary and the ladies who worked there enjoyed their work so there was no room to advance further than being a receptionist and I needed more for myself hence the move to SAS

Pros

Small company

Cons

no room to advance further

Friendly working environment with excellent working conditions

I was very busy in my particular job and did not mingle much with my fellow employees. I experienced a total of 3 different managers with different styles in my ten year tenure.. With all of them I was left to work at my own pace and style which I appreciated. The atmosphere was congenial . I often took work home due to interruptions from other departments as well as from emails . I was given training in excel to advance my skills as well as a little on our accounting package. I had very few dealings with upper management but had a lot with my immediate manager. The workplace culture was good as there was an open door policy with our seniors which allowed staff to express themselves. The hardest part of my job was that the companies I managed grew and so did my workload so I felt more pressured than in the past. The best part of my job was that I felt that I was trusted by my seniors as they knew I always worked to the best of my ability. My manager always appreciated me.

Pros

Modern offices with a good canteen area and relaxed atmosphere w

Cons

Long drive to work with heavy traffic both ways

Productive Wokplace

great learning opportunities and multiple industry exposure. learnt a lot on people skills and heading audit teams. wealth of knowledge acquired during my tenure

Pros

non

Cons

non

Professional

Professional working environment. Company still have humanity and fun in work environment, management is reasonable and helpfull. Lots of learning posibilities

best employer

well balanced company which always support employees via continously training coaching ongoing all support on development readily available good salary and benefits

Cons

Good and Productive company to work for.

BDO is such a nice and accommodative company to work for. The culture is very good and the enviroment is a conducive one and one can learn so much from. It is good for learning purposes. You get exposure to different industries and can attain very good skills that can be of great help in your career growth.

Pros

Fair chance to grow and develop

Cons

Long hours (sometimes)

Fun place to work

BDO South Africa is a good company to work for. Its vision is very clear for its employees as it is communicated regularly.BDO strives to be an employer of choice.

Professional

Professional firm where you can develop your self and add value to clients. Dealing with difference types of companies and increased my experience.

Great working environment and a good learning curve

Very hectic Deadline driven Goal meeting Friendly staff and management Challenging environment Great career support structure Provided a lot of on the job training

BDO management encourages creativity by allowing employees to be as innovative as they can to improve the organizational process .

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BDO. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Based on 1 554 reviews

3,4 out of 5 stars for Work/Life Balance
3,3 out of 5 stars for Salary/Benefits
3,4 out of 5 stars for Job Security/Advancement
3,3 out of 5 stars for Management
3,4 out of 5 stars for Culture
  • BDO
  • Job Security & Advancement
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?