BDO
3,7 out of 5 stars.

BDO Job Security & Advancement reviews

Working there was interesting, I got to experience not only a wide variety of industries but a wide variety of audit work as well. There are some growing pains still that need to be worked through however, BDO is fast growing.
I have learnt a lot of thing at BDO which aligned to my career,BDO also made a room for development always and the management was top class.The culture was very accommodating and very welcoming from dress code and caring for each persons growth.The most enjoyable part is having challenges that made me really learn new things,because i was dealing with many clients with different payrolls across the country ,so more than anything i enjoyed the challenges.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
The culture The learning experience The people The work Everything about BDO was awesome. Like any place of work you have your pros and cons however if I had the opportunity to go back I would gladly return to BDO
Pros
Work culture
Cons
Long working hours sometimes
BDO is a highly professional and challenging company to work for. The company values responsibility and hard work and rewards those who can take initiative.
It's a great place to gain work experience, but it's no place to be for long-term career advancements. There's very little room to grow in terms of both promotions and salary.
Interesting company to work in Interesting culture and people Interesting leaders Interesting decision making abilities Interesting ethics and morales
BDO is a great company to build a foundation for your career. The hours are fairly long but the work is interesting (corporate finance). I would recommend the firm as a whole.
BDO was a wonderful company to work for. I became ill during my time there and they did their best to keep me on even though it was for about 6 months. I would recommend working for them.
Working at BDO was a good learning experience and relaxed environment. I have learned basic and advanced skills concerning admin and financials aspects of a work place.
Pros
short hours
Cons
not enough challenge
Enjoyable time working with professional employees and a variety of clients worked on. Developed many skills at this medium sized firm. Good experience.
Pros
Good experience and colleagues
Cons
Favouritism sometimes with managers
BDO is an audit firm however as I was not an auditor the only role I could advance to was secretary and the ladies who worked there enjoyed their work so there was no room to advance further than being a receptionist and I needed more for myself hence the move to SAS
Pros
Small company
Cons
no room to advance further
I was very busy in my particular job and did not mingle much with my fellow employees. I experienced a total of 3 different managers with different styles in my ten year tenure.. With all of them I was left to work at my own pace and style which I appreciated. The atmosphere was congenial . I often took work home due to interruptions from other departments as well as from emails . I was given training in excel to advance my skills as well as a little on our accounting package. I had very few dealings with upper management but had a lot with my immediate manager. The workplace culture was good as there was an open door policy with our seniors which allowed staff to express themselves. The hardest part of my job was that the companies I managed grew and so did my workload so I felt more pressured than in the past. The best part of my job was that I felt that I was trusted by my seniors as they knew I always worked to the best of my ability. My manager always appreciated me.
Pros
Modern offices with a good canteen area and relaxed atmosphere w
Cons
Long drive to work with heavy traffic both ways
It was a joy to work for a big company like BDO. The management team are great and will always assist. Problems are being addressed to immediately and adequate training is supplied.
Pros
Free breakfast
Cons
great learning opportunities and multiple industry exposure. learnt a lot on people skills and heading audit teams. wealth of knowledge acquired during my tenure
Pros
non
Cons
non
Professional working environment. Company still have humanity and fun in work environment, management is reasonable and helpfull. Lots of learning posibilities
Cons
well balanced company which always support employees via continously training coaching ongoing all support on development readily available good salary and benefits
Cons
BDO is such a nice and accommodative company to work for. The culture is very good and the enviroment is a conducive one and one can learn so much from. It is good for learning purposes. You get exposure to different industries and can attain very good skills that can be of great help in your career growth.
Pros
Fair chance to grow and develop
Cons
Long hours (sometimes)
BDO South Africa is a good company to work for. Its vision is very clear for its employees as it is communicated regularly.BDO strives to be an employer of choice.
Professional firm where you can develop your self and add value to clients. Dealing with difference types of companies and increased my experience.
Very hectic Deadline driven Goal meeting Friendly staff and management Challenging environment Great career support structure Provided a lot of on the job training
BDO management encourages creativity by allowing employees to be as innovative as they can to improve the organizational process .
  1. Job Security & Advancement