BDO

3,4Work-Life Balance
3,3Pay & Benefits

Found 9 reviews matching the searchSee all 1 554 reviews

Salary and development

For me the salary is very low and after I asked about it my contract was not renewed. The development is very slow. Its not all the offices, its the JHB office that has these difficulties and its difficult to move to another office because the current director needs to approve that.

Pros

its good for training and when you have apply for a full time employment

Cons

working overtime without compensation

Poor management and stressful environment

High turnover of managers due to poor leadership, working ridiculous hours and hostile culture in the regional office. Employees are generally paid well below the market. Both trainees and managers work extra hours which are unpaid. You can learn alot due to diverse range of clients

Pros

Good learning environment and leave days

Cons

Long hours, low pay, poor leadership

It's just OK

It's a great place to gain work experience, but it's no place to be for long-term career advancements. There's very little room to grow in terms of both promotions and salary.

Productive but biased management

Productive day at work, mostly out on clients. I learned how to audit the manufacturing, mining, and logistics industries. Management is very bias when it comes to performance ratings but is easily approachable. The workplace culture is relaxed and warm. Hardest part of the job is adapting to change and travelling.The most enjoyable part of the job is being with fellow trainees whom you can share ideas with and learn from.

Pros

Overtime benefits and travel claim

Cons

Low ratings resulting in low performance bonuses

Professional

Professional working environment. Company still have humanity and fun in work environment, management is reasonable and helpfull. Lots of learning posibilities

best employer

well balanced company which always support employees via continously training coaching ongoing all support on development readily available good salary and benefits

Cons

very productive and everyone was friendly

The Management was good to everyone. Head of departments used to treat every individual with respect. Time was very important and clients came first. we used to work as team in my consulting department. we were putting extra hours to deliver good work to clients.

Pros

every last friday of the months the was drinks and free lunch

Cons

paid for long hours

Friendly work environment

I was there for a short period of time as a Vacation Student but the exposure and experience I got from BDO was very valueable. The staff was very friendly and helpful, which made me feel at home. During this short-period of time, I learnt how to conduct myself in a professional manner and customer care.

Pros

exposure, fun work environment, fair pay

Productive and exprience with different companies

The job was worth doing had to meet lots of people during the traineeshipand management lead by example

Pros

lot of exprience

Cons

salary

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BDO. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Based on 1 554 reviews

3,4 out of 5 stars for Work/Life Balance
3,3 out of 5 stars for Salary/Benefits
3,4 out of 5 stars for Job Security/Advancement
3,3 out of 5 stars for Management
3,4 out of 5 stars for Culture
  • BDO
  • Pay & Benefits
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?