Ben E. Keith
3,4 out of 5 stars.

Ben E. Keith Employee Reviews

3,2Work-Life Balance

It can be great

Great company, just without the means. The pay is not great for the work and it feels like a lot of times you’re spinning your wheels. Overall there are a lot of great people here.

My manager was very nice and communicated well

I was just too small for the work that had to be done shoooo the ramp weight more than me lol it was fun tho my trainer was nice too very strong man!!

Pros

Benefits good pay

Cons

Physical job must be in good shape

Easy irritating job!

Constantly put into Situation trying keep in- line with Dot regulations hours of service. Plus youhave to make your own appointment for pickup, which is very stressful when vendors don't reply ina timely manner. Management becomes very "Hostile " when theses appointments are not set!Basically your a Driver-Officer worker if not good with emails or orderly person don't apply for jobvery stressful!!!!!! Upper Management is very disrespectful and condescending, not enoughequipment for the task that you asked to do. Slip seat trucks.

Poor management

Would not recommend. Majority of the people in the company have been there less than 5 years because they fire people constantly. There is no good training system, it is unstructured and they will die you before they give you the training you need. HR is unhelpful, as they take management's side and are not there for the employees. HR is not approachable and unwilling to help. There is no longevity with the company and there is no work life balance.

Pros

Seasonal treats

Cons

Poor management, high Healthcare costs, high dental costs, no training, high turnover, HR not willing to help

The money is good….but your work/life balance is off.

You definitely have to be in good shape. This is a touch all freight fast pace 12 - 13.5 hours a day job “depending on the shift“. This could be a excellent place to work, if a few adjustments were made. So if you’re motivated by money this could be the perfect place for you. If you’re a hands on family oriented person, think twice. You’re never have the time or energy with split days off and management putting you in a difficult position to choose between family/health or having a job.

Don’t work here.

They do t care about your safety at all. They will push you until you break. They pushed so hard and I told them about this and a driver got killed in a truck.

Worst Company Ever

They tell you all these good for nothing lies to get you in then they work you and it takes 5months before they even try to put you in the cdl program (if you don’t have a cdl) then they constantly Harass you and don’t let them not like you because they will really bother you then and management won’t do a thing about it because they all try and look out for each other even if what they are doing is not right.

Standard vendor stocking work, sometimes stressful.

Simply work, checking beer coolers and displays for missing items and stocking from store back stocks. Worst part is dealing with store managers and organizing messy back stock.

Pros

Paid for mileage.

Never enough at this company. Money is better than most but the stress and all the product we carry make it hard to really push sales

Every day you fix other peoples mistakes. There is a constant battle between service department and sales department. The more you do the more your asked. Not nearly enough help for everything that is asked.

not a good company unless your trying to get your experience when you get out of truck driving school

management sucks , loads are almost never on time , loads will fall over because there's not enough wrap or straps on pallets to keep from falling over , dolleys are expensive , the only good thing about working for this company is that you can be off on every other Wednesday bt must have approval & off every weekend !! a company I would never go back to.

22 February 2022
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We strive to have great leadership and will look into these issues. If you would like to expand please reach out to ContactHR@benekeith.com.

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Ben E. Keith?

Don’t walk away, run.

Long, unorthodox, unfair work schedule. Low pay, find any reason to deduct your “piece pay.” Sad training program with trainers that don’t actually help you. You’ll never see your family again, and if you want to move to day shift and you are on overnights, you will be threatened with termination.

Pros

Literally none.

Cons

Schedule, pay, treatment from leadership, inefficient training that sets you up for failure.

22 February 2022
Thank you for your feedback. Work-life balance is very important to us and we will make sure to look into these issues. Please reach out to ContactHR@benekeith.com if you would like to expand on your comments.

Good workers & understanding managers. Good pay

Once you get off hourly pay the pay is good. Good workers & fun environment. Its laid back in the sense that you do you're own thing & there's not a supervisor on you're back. You are expected to work at a fast pace but if you dont you are not fired or berrated about it. However the faster you work the more money you make. So you WANT to be fast. I work nightshift as an order selector & its a terrible home/work balance. Work 12-16 hrs nightly. If you have a family with kids you hardly seem them. You come home to sleep then work again. Better suited for a single man with no time responsibilities.

Pros

Good pay

Cons

Bad work/home balance, too much overtime

There is a serious lack of communication and organisation in an age where there are 10 different ways to communicate!

I didn't see a lot of pros in this company. They would rather fire people as to lay them off, just to keep a status sad, they don't care about people. I tried to get my job back after they started hiring back after the pandemic and I couldn't get anyone to call me back. Management is very unprofessional!

Pros

The pay is good

Cons

The scheduling is horrible

Good place to work the pays good but the works hard lol but over all it’s better than an hourly job! The life to work balance isn’t actually that bad once you get used to it I work about 45-60 hours in a five day work week.

Pros

Good pay good group of con workers as well

Cons

Hard work with no set schedule

Pretty simple job. Go to store,get product stock and rotate product then move on to the next store.

All in all it's not a bad job. For a merchandiser it's straight forward. Go to your assigned stores. Get product from backroom. Stock, rotate. Make sure back room is organized. Move on to next store.

Pros

The pay is pretty fair considering the job.

Cons

Working every weekend.

Hard work lots of down stacking beer

Hard physical work constantly down stacking beer outside convenient stories dealing with supervisors That don’t care about you only care about the job being done low pay truck drivers class a $22 an hour very physical labor 7 to 14 stops a day

Pros

60 hours a week

Cons

22 a hour

I can't get anyone to figure out where my checks are

Haven't been paid yet and all the training program they have is practically non existent. Getting an answer to a work related question will have you talking to 4 people telling you different things.

Pros

Nice checks

Cons

Short breaks, bad training

best wholesaler in Texas

very intergrated into the beverage industry as a whole which makes for several new experiences throughout the year. family oriented work environment that is very stable.

Great Place to start

I learned a lot from Ben E Keith and I gained a lot of new skills, they have a lot of great benefits, with insurance and education. If you are looking to start out in the admin/receptionist field I highly recommend them.

19 October 2021
Thanks for your feedback! We strive to be a great place for our employees to grow in their careers!

Inconsistent hours

The pay was great, but the hours they put you through is harsh. I didn't mind working long hours at night, but they'd say we're getting off at like 2AM, then end up letting us go at 7AM. I'd end up sleeping though the entire day, then wake up, go to work, and repeat.

Pros

amazing pay

Cons

horrible time management, little to no work-life balance

19 October 2021
Thanks for your feedback, work-life balance is something that is very important to us. If you would like to expand on your comments, please reach out to contacthr@benekeith.com.

the money is there

Best if you’re single. Not much time outside of work, depending on how many people show up to work. Paid based on results so if you put in the work, you’ll get paid nice every week. Benefits, if you care about that. They prepare food for us maybe every other month. You can try new things, advancement is possible. But yeah, the long hours can be dreading, stay optimistic. save your money.

Pros

Money

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ben E. Keith. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3,2 out of 5 stars for Work/Life Balance