Berea Technical College

Berea Technical College Employee Reviews

South Africa10 reviews
3,0
The Company value the DHET policies for the teaching and learning and is driven to fully comply with its requirements. Record keeping is therefore very important to its Lecturer vis-a-vis the management.

Management supports Lecturers in order to comply.
1,0
An absolute misery to work for, teach uptil 11 modules varying across different qualifications, even those you not qualified for. People resign every week and not replaced, their workload is just thrown at someone else who is not even qualified to teach the modules. Employees dont have leave given to them.
1,0
Management is really unprofessional. I was verbally abused by an executive and threatened by the director. You will be required to do tasks outside your job description and if it is wrong you will be insulted about it even though you don't have the knowledge and skill for it
Management Meetings
Brilliant Workplace Environment

Excellent workplace Culture

Continuous Deadlines

Dedication to your employer

Working hours are excellent
1,0
i wont suggest anyone to work here. Very toxic work environment.Management is bad. Everyone stabs each other in the back in order to progress and to be in the owners good books. They wont think twice about firing , not because you cant work but because they dont like you. No one is free to give their opinion and if they say you need to do it then you got to do it,
5,0
Berea Technical College is a place of Learning and developing experience. Working with Staff is great it makes you feel comfortable and confident to work with a blessed TEAM. Berea Technical College is like home considering the years I have been employed and I would like to say I am Proud to be an employee for Berea Technical College.
5,0
I learnt how to work under pressure and that team work is necessary at times and is vital when working in such organisation. I enjoyed working at this company.
Pros
Getting the chance to work with different personalities
Cons
Worked extreme hours(over time) which I did not get paid for
4,0
Ability to balance work and personal life. Provide tertiary education to student who didn't meet necessary points to study in their University of choice.
Pros
Great team building
Cons
Dont have branches only based in one geographical area
4,0
Start work at 8 am, have a timetable to follow plan for the day.
I have learned to become more patient, understanding and a democratic person, not to judge people.

management can be hard at times, demands paper work immediately with no time phrase

Co workers are friendly and helpful, they give me a reason to come to work happy.

hardest part of job is working with different race groups and their backgrounds

best part of job is, the staff, the atmosphere and our activities such as team buildings, xmas parties and other functions
Pros
Short working hours, Lots of holidays, team building, workshops
Cons
No annual leave, no medical aid, no benefits
3,0
-Fun and fulfilling because you have made a difference using computers.
-Helping other betters your skills

-My boss had forsight and could make you feel like you wer the cleverest person in the world...and it made it easy to wasnt to work hard.

-Whenstudents didnt pass

-When students passed
Pros
Flexi time
Cons
Not what i studied..not what i see mysef as in 5 years time
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Berea Technical College. Our community is ready to answer.
3,2