BG Group
4,0 out of 5 stars.

BG Group Employee Reviews

4,1Work-Life Balance

One of the best productive and safe workplaces

I love my job because of the teamwork and transparency work environment . The Leadership and Management Team are very skilled and cooperative persons at all levels.

Pros

Free meals and approved PPEs

Cons

One of the risky industries

Nice offices, good canteen

I enjoyed BG Group as a contractor I was treated well and had access to discuss my role with management who I found very open and knowledgeable in their specific areas.

A nice place to work

if you are dinamic, interested, willing to learn this is the perfect company.

Excellent

Although BG Group no longer exist the chance to work with a leading Operator for gas development projects was first class and a credit to their governance. Unfortunately they were “merged” with Shell

Very comfortable work environment

Great opportunity to work in a professional environment with supportive and friendly coworkers. Very diverse and there was a lot of room to grow. Two thumbs up!

Looking for more opportunities

I would love to enhance in life, looking forward to great chances.I want to advance and get to a better position in life and at work. I know i will.be an asset to which ever company i work at.

Terrible

Favoritisms and low key racism are what you have to deal with daily. They’ll tell you come in early and get your route , and then will give routes to people who came in after you because they’re friends or same nationality.

ambiente frenetico e molto impegnativo

richiede molto autocontrollo, si impara a prelevare i prodotti dal magazzino

Remote Work

I was a remote worker at the BG Group account. I was asked to perform many migrations and handle day to day activity within the multiple development teams.

Ambiente laboral amable debido a los chicos milenians que son la mayoria del personal

Un día típico de trabajo incluye el despido de algún personal, de cualquier nivel, desde nivel gerencia hasta nivel intendencia. Lo que aprendi: a no aferrarse y dejar soltar para lograr algo mejor. La dirección no me dejo aprendizaje. Cultura laboral muy limitada. La parte mas fácil de mi trabajo es la relacionada con mis actividades del día da día. Lo que mas me gusto del trabajo: mis éxitos y las amistades logradas.

Pros

Seguro de gastos medico y el horario felxible

Cons

Rotación de personal tan alta a todos los niveles

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at BG Group?

Best job I have had so far

Working in this team was varied, fun and challenging. The team were very welcoming and supporting. Really enjoyed working with them, and loved going to work.

Great company

The Oil and Gas sector suffered a blow and we were bought out by Shell. The safety culture was high on the agenda. The time to get involved with other areas of interest such as Environmental Champion for the company was given. Good breakdown of the day with a percentage spent on SAP Purchasing/Business travel booking and visas/Diary Management/Expenses and all Office management requirements.

Pros

Variety

Cons

Not too challenging

Bg group is strategically positioned to top world gas production. Its assets in brazil are prolic offering high gas rates on the offshore fields. Very good remuneration offered too

Company aquired by Shell

There is a great family-oriented culture at BG Group . It truly feels like your team members care about your success and your personal life both. There is a lot of potential with the company to continue to grow over the next several years. The company is continually working to improve the culture. Also, the CEO is a great visionary and has a lot of respect within the company.

Many opportunities to advance and move from role to role for more exposure. A great management team with solid plans for the future. Employees are valued and given many opportunities to grow and advance.

Cutting edge fun place to learn and progress

At BG there was a family atmosphere and it was non stressful. Very diverse group with lot's of knowledge on moving gas and making money. Team oriented and aggressive.

Pros

Family atmosphere

Cons

Company purchased by Shell oil to obtain knowledge

Enjoying ourselves workplace and kind of rough during by summer.

Acutally, I focused on my good experience while work there. I kindly liked and enjoy worked at BG Group for some reason there no physical abuse or threat but they were a good hands and team workers as well.

Pros

Free Water

Cons

15 minutes Break/Rest and 45 minutes Lunch break

Offshore working

This company is no longer operating as it got bought out by shell. Shell bought BG group for their Australian and Brazil assists, it then sold off the rest of the international assists. Some of these were bought by a new company called Chrysaor.

Productive and fun workplace

A company that welcomes talent and innovation. Appreciates new ideas and out of the box approaches. Very flexible and accommodating when it comes to business - personal needs. Recognises hard work and awards accordingly. Work colleagues are very helpful and always ready to support.

Pros

working from home/free breakfast

Cons

I worked there on several different contracts over many years on this site, so when a job came up I took it there was a great team and great management, if something was needed it was provided nothing was a problem, help was always available , the only down side was Shell shut the site.

Pros

Fantastic team and great management.

Cons

site shut down!

Challenging political environment but exciting

Could have been great but too much internal politics. Instead of being focused on the prize the focus was on internal battles. Had its ups and downs probably like most companies.

Pros

Active company

Cons

internal politics

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BG Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4,1 out of 5 stars for Work/Life Balance
4,2 out of 5 stars for Salary/Benefits
3,3 out of 5 stars for Job Security/Advancement
3,8 out of 5 stars for Management
3,8 out of 5 stars for Culture
  • BG Group
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?