Blue Label Telecoms

Blue Label Telecoms Employee Reviews

South Africa18 reviews

3,3Work-Life Balance

Adequate

The work experience was pleasant but could have been improved with Improved employee Benefits. Clear communication existed between Project Managers and Business Analysts of all changes coming down the pipeline for the business. No matter how tough it may be, consisten delivery of promises to Business Partners

Excellent Opportunities, dynamic environment.

Every day was different, all depended on what was scheduled and required. I learned patience and how to work in a large company. Management were a phenomenal team. I found it difficult to take time off, I could never switch off completely. I thoroughly enjoyed the diversity of my position and working for my direct boss, his family and household staff.

It's a good place to work

It's a very good working environment, I enjoyed working there, colleagues and management are very supportive and encouraging. Knowledge of Microsoft office is very essential.

Productive and fast paced turnaround

Producing design solutions to communicate client messages with high visual impact. Graphic design solutions are required for a huge variety of products and activities, such as point of sale material, terminal, websites, advertising, books, magazines, posters, product packaging, exhibitions and displays, corporate communications and corporate identity (e.g. giving organizations a visual 'brand'). Working to a brief agreed with the client or account manager. As well as developing creative ideas and concepts choosing the appropriate media and style to meet the client's objectives. The work demands creative flair, up-to-date knowledge of industry software and a professional view.

Excellent learning experience

BLD is a very complex company, which is highly process driven. It is definitely not a boring company to work for. The role of CRC affords you the opportunity to develop skills such as sales, negotiation, communication, presentation, time management and customer Relationship management. You definately need to be a self starter, who is driven and motivated to succeed, not a place for couch potatoes. BLD provides quarterly incentives which are paid according to percentage achievement of set goals. Due to the complexity of the company, preference is given to internal candidates when positions become available as it is easier to get them up to speed. This means there are definitely opportunities for career advancement.

not productive at all

Blue label don't give people opportunities to grow and learn,all they want is a person to be at work on a daily basis and make money for them wherelse you are being underpaid.

Pros

great events

Cons

long hours, underpaying overtime

Challennging

Working with reliable staff, team spirit and communication was the key to the successful operation of the business. Coming up with new ideas and be consistent in what you are doing especially when dealing with a challenging customer was very important.

Pros

Free transp[ortsation

Upbeat, young, vibrant

Blue Label is an incredible young, diverse team. Every day was a challenge and the company dynamics is amazing. The culture and enthusiasm amongst the management and staff is always a delight.

Fun work place but hard

Store visits on daily basis. Meeting with clients and looking for new business Communication skills has improved based on dealing with different cultures self management most of the time as i reported in JHB Hardest part was reaching targets and exceeding Traveling was the most enjoyable

Pros

breakfast meetings

Cons

managing my own time

Very good company to work for Blue Label Telecoms

Very good working enviroment, I have learn to be deciplen on self-management and time keeping for appointments, enjoy team work spirit. Always keep motivated

Pros

Every Thursday team building sport

Cons

Stock take days when you have to work till evening

Go in with no expectations

A great company to have on your CV. If u are process driven nd in need of a good internal structure forget about working for this company! Incentives exist on paper nd never transalate 2 reality. No career growth, but u will get a car nd petrol allowance.

Pros

Car allowance. Free petrol

Cons

No good management structure

i moved around so that was fun

I enteracted with different personalities daily and that helped me to grow and understand different all characters and how to handle each personality.

Pros

Cons

we worked until we got it right no precise time

High pressured SLA based inviroment

a typical day at work is to me getting as much queries resolved as soon as possible , keeping in the company SLA as well as our department SLA I have learned to have more patients and have become more understanding of people. I have never had problems with management. i believe respect goes both ways and that a Job title should determine a persons character. The culture at work is more family orientated than colleagues - We class ourselves as family and we look out for each other and stand with one another through tough times and laugh together and well as work hard together. The hardest part of my Job is not to loose my cool when someone "presses the wrong buttons" especially if feedback was not provided to customers in the time frame required. The most enjoyable part of my Job is when i get to see everyone in the department relaxed and happy , that makes my day more enjoyable.

Pros

Free Lunches

Cons

when everyone wants to be the boss and tell you what to do

Very productive, Growing Company & fun staff

Very busy days at work, managing staff and working on Ledger's making sure targets are met with outstanding monies. I learned a lot about the legal side of credit control as I worked closely to the handing over companies as well as with the listing companies. Management were very helpful and very good leaders. My workplace was a very social environment with lots of laughs the whole day. The most enjoyable part of the job was to collect successfully and still keeping a good relationship with the customer.

fun working inviroment

As a credit controller with my current company, I have been offering great attention to detail when drafting and sending verified invoices to customers. I have worked closely with the accounts department and helped them recover money due on credit invoices. I was also offered the role to formulate strategies that can help the company in assessing credit ratings of prospective customers as well as recovering over-pending dues. I have never failed the management and delivered more than expected.

Pros

Cons

working according to scadule give overtime where its needed

Vibrant and Exciting Company

Blue Label Engage is a vibrant and exciting place to work. The company is innovative and think outside of the box

Work ethics

Blue Lable is a well established Telecommunications Company and the working Enviroment is that of professionalism and Good working Ethics.I have had the oportunity to learn and worked at some of their Sub-sideries in different Industries all together and moved to the Head Office in Sandton, where I am based currently and i really love it.I have been elected as the National Employment Equity Comittee member,an it is an honor to be part of it as we have over 500 employees.I am in the Health and Satefy Committee.

Pros

team buildings, management support

Productive and extremely busy

Dealing with agents and sorting out customers that agents are not able to resolved.Management always willing to assistHardest part of my job is to satisfy all my customersMost enjoyable is to make an irate client, a satisfied one.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Blue Label Telecoms. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3,3 out of 5 stars for Work/Life Balance