Blue Mercury Financial Services

Blue Mercury Financial Services Employee Reviews

South Africa26 reviews

2,6Work-Life Balance

t no professionalism

Team leaders smoke in the building and managers fight with each other. The pay is terrible and the com structure isn't so great. The is pressure and not enough support to grow the agents and the building is very dodgy.

Pros

1 hour lunch

Cons

No peace

Promotes growth

I worked in the Durban branch and it is amazing . The management is fair and workplace is comfortable for everyone. The apply rules any entrepreneurs would and any other CEO would implement. You grow within the business and make extra money. It more of running your own business.

Pros

Free coffee, proper pay structure

Cons

Aircon

Best Insurance company in SA

I joined in 2018. I had no telesales experience. They gave me a world class training and made me a success. I made commission on my first month. Team leaders and Trainers are friendly. They Will push you to get the best results and we all make commission. I am happy to jot just work as an employee but they treat me like family. Excellent work Blue Mercury Financial services.

Pros

Free Coffee and Free Training . Get your RE exam

Cons

Nothing. They the best.

Stressful working conditions

The management is unprofessional and uses valga language towards employees. Working hours are long. The CEO screams at employees when targets are not met. Team leaders barely know how to do their jobs

Stressful, horrible honestly it's the pits

Family owned company with the worst management . If you dont have matric apply they will take you, if you have a criminal record apply they will most definitely take you mind you it's a financial services company.No proper recruitment process hence they are always hiring. Their team leaders dont have proper qualifications and some dont even know what is going on. The worst experience. DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME!!!!!!!!

Pros

Absolutely nothing

Cons

Long hours Salary ridiculous

Horrible place to work at

Rude managementLong hours you work from 8-6 you even work on Saturdays if target is not reach. And their target is unreasonable Manager can decide to make you knock at 6 or 7 if target is not reached

Pros

Free coffee

Cons

Stressful and they micromanage their employees

I enjoyed working there when i arrived i made sales but as time went by the environment became too stressful upto a point where by colleagues would just choose to resign during our lunch hours but if management can change how they manage thier people then it'll be a good place to be at.

Pros

Free coffe/ Juice

Cons

Long hours extended to how the team leader feels like

Fun environment , you get what you put in and all your hard work never goes unnoticed

There is a few things that stands out for me as an employee at this organisation , however the main one for me would be GROWTH , INTERNALLY as well as growth as an individual i have accomplished more goals that i have set out at this company than i would have imagined .The management is not of a selfish nature the guidance that i as an individual require is given happily a fun and pro active atmosphere to work in were you have fun whilst making money .

Pros

Many exciting Incentives

Cons

None so far

Productive and fun environment

Very well established organisation, the culture of the place is amazing, staff are very friendly and management is very funny and loads of help, the experience one will obtain is very valuable.I enjoyed every minute of working at Blue Mercury, I have learned many things about the industry

Pros

fun environment

Cons

work saturdays

Great company to work at

Great culture, lovely company to excel in. They care about their staff. opportunities to grow. Exciting environment. I am very lucky to be employed at this company, as I have grew from a consultant to team manger and i have not just grown in the company but I have also learnt how to grow in my personal life.

Pros

Internal Growth and self growth, cash incentives

Productive and energetic

Environment is very energetic, its also very fast pace which i enjoy thoroughly. Also very nice mentor ship program and room for growth. Team leaders were helpful all the time and the training department is hands on with everything. I never felt alone.

Pros

Basic, Comm, incentives and management help

Productive and fun environment

Blue mercury is a excellent company to work for very organized with good communication. What matters to them is there staff to ensure they are able to make sales and be able to take home there desired earning. The sky is the limit to earning what you dream of earning in any other call centre. From management to agents very friendly and hard working dedicated staff.

Pros

Earning potential

Productive and active

I find it difficult to reach the requirements but it is achievable with the assistance of the team leaders . And with the hep of your team, the goals are easily achieved.

Pros

Excellent Management team

Cons

Long hours, Difficult

Would never recommend

Long hours from 8-6 during the week then Saturdays from 9-12. RUDE management. Unprofessional working environment. Unrealistic goals and targets. Always stressful. Salary is ok for Senior Consultant but for Junior consultant, it's a joke. Training is also not paid for. They always hiring because people are always leaving.

More working hours, basic is low and no adherence to Covid19 regulations

it’s not that bad as a company but their salary is so low. You world Monday to Saturday for less than minimum South African wage. You risk your life for R19,64, the place is non adherence to covid 19 regulations. People hardly wear masks, there’s one hand sanitizer at the front door and by midday it’s empty and no one bothers to fill it. Managers smoke cigarettes on the sales floor with their buddies.

Pros

As junior sales agents the work load is not much

Cons

Long working hours, managers smoke on the sales floor so it’s hard for non smokers

What they tell the trainees its not true when it comes to salary

I was working for the company and I was not paid no 1 like no1 wanted to help me until I get the boss cell number and he said to me I resigned ,like i was stressed, until he paid me 2000 instead of 5000 ,when i confronted them still no1 wanted to answer me,until some guy came to explain why did they pay me 2k thy said my salary was 3.5k not 5k but my contract says 5k so when iask he said bcoz I was absent for 3days but still thy robbed me with 800 ,that company is a no go ,once you show them that they wrong or confront them you are a enemy

Great stepping stone to bigger opportunities

It was a great place to start my career in the insurance industry. I learnt alot at Blue Mercury but its time to move on to bigger better opportunities

Worst job

Worst job I have ever had. It’s perfect as a start up first job not for a family person. Working hours 8-6 if loadshedding or not on target 8-6:30 Nothing enjoyable about my job

sales person (telephonic)

it was always stressful, never paid on time, pressure and micro management always applies and not the greatest job I have ever had. their products are expensive and remuneration was very small and I always was frustrated due to lack of funds as cost of living is very high.

Non compliance outsourced insurance call centre (family business )

Blue Mercury is a family run business that employs on a hire & fire method, the management uses an extreme amount of profanity to its employees, ..No room for growth it's a family business. Filthy working environment with aggressive management.

Pros

Cons

Aggressive Management, hire and fire method, cant make commission

Productive and fun place to work at.

The company is a good company with good principles and a good working environment. The product I used to sell was expensive in line with the quality but targets were too high. Commission was hardly earned.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Blue Mercury Financial Services. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2,6 out of 5 stars for Work/Life Balance
2,4 out of 5 stars for Salary/Benefits
2,7 out of 5 stars for Job Security/Advancement
2,6 out of 5 stars for Management
2,9 out of 5 stars for Culture
  • Blue Mercury Financial Services
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?