Blue Mercury Financial Services

Blue Mercury Financial Services Employee Reviews

South Africa11 reviews
2,0
it was always stressful, never paid on time, pressure and micro management always applies and not the greatest job I have ever had. their products are expensive and remuneration was very small and I always was frustrated due to lack of funds as cost of living is very high.
1,0
I was working for the company and I was not paid no 1 like no1 wanted to help me until I get the boss cell number and he said to me I resigned ,like i was stressed, until he paid me 2000 instead of 5000 ,when i confronted them still no1 wanted to answer me,until some guy came to explain why did they pay me 2k thy said my salary was 3.5k not 5k but my contract says 5k so when iask he said bcoz I was absent for 3days but still thy robbed me with 800 ,that company is a no go ,once you show them that they wrong or confront them you are a enemy
4,0
It was a great place to start my career in the insurance industry. I learnt alot at Blue Mercury but its time to move on to bigger better opportunities
1,0
Worst job I have ever had. It’s perfect as a start up first job not for a family person.
Working hours 8-6 if loadshedding or not on target 8-6:30

Nothing enjoyable about my job
1,0
Blue Mercury is a family run business that employs on a hire & fire method, the management uses an extreme amount of profanity to its employees, ..No room for growth it's a family business.

Filthy working environment with aggressive management.
Pros
Cons
Aggressive Management, hire and fire method, cant make commission
3,0
The company is a good company with good principles and a good working environment. The product I used to sell was expensive in line with the quality but targets were too high. Commission was hardly earned.
3,0
Have to generate a minimum of R40000 worth of permium to start earning comm, if you happy with just earning a basic you should be fine. Fun environment nobody behind your back.
Pros
Good brand
Cons
Earning comm not as easy
3,0
Working here at Blue Mercury has really taught me the value of working in a team and I found a company that really does appreciate my efforts and dedication
3,0
We basically need to call client provided to us in the form of leads, high LSM clientele, so we basically need to be on calls the whole day, selling Discovery Insure which is short term comprehensive insurance, Management is supportive, the hardest part of the job would be that the people we are calling are generally very busy people and always don't have time to be on sales calls, and that Discovery is quiet expensive in terms of premiums. Honestly is just the salary is not working out for me and the commission target is unrealistic, I say this because only one person made comm between two branches.
Cons
Long hours and working saturdays if you are not on target
3,0
Blue Mercury is a unique company that has shown me how important self development is and daily development is essential, Feeling comfortable is not safe for career objectives.
Pros
Self development
Cons
Distance to travel
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Blue Mercury Financial Services?
2,0
Start everyday at 7am and knock off at 5/7pm depending on my daily target.

I have learned to perform under pressure. To manage my self, plan and execute my plans. To set my own personal daily targets, to meet and exceed my daily targets.

My co-workers were ok except everyone kept to themselves and had no time anyone.

Long stressful hours and warnings for meeting targets. I never got one but was always scared to receive one.

The working environment was nice, supportive and fun.
Pros
Incentives
Cons
Very long hours and working while standing at times