Bluemercury, Inc.

Bluemercury, Inc. Pay & Benefits reviews

Clear
2,1Work-Life Balance
2,0Pay & Benefits

Okay pay, no room for growth

Working for this company isn't the best. Not enough benefits and way to much work. Its doesn't feel like as an employee im valued at this job. I wouldn't recommend

Pros

nice locations

Cons

benefits suck

Don’t work here

Horrible unorganized management. Very unethical. Majority of workers feel unvalued. Underpays employees. They trick you out your work. Glastonbury, CT manager is very condescending. You will go above and beyond doing your work just so manager can gaslight employees and use twisted psychology to try to make you feel like your not doing enough. They sell you a dream like you apart of the team but then later on make you feel very unvalued. Do not sign the temporary position contract they will take advantage and work you just as much as the regular employees and then keep you as a temp with no benefits at all for as long as they can just so they recruit more people and keep paying you less for the same type of work others are getting paid for. All your hard work gets unseen in that type of environment and they hold your whole team accountable for the job position they give you. Manager told me that in order for me to be a part time the only full timer in the store would have to quit, or we the whole team had to meet a goal of several more million$$$ per quarter to increase the store volume hours (yet they always hire new people) or I would have to be willing to be a stock person in another location as well. Management is horrible. THE SAMPLES AND GRATIS ARE NOT WORTH THE UNDERVALUE.

Pros

Brands gives you gratis from time to time, good informational videos on cosmetics, skincare

Cons

College cosmetics job, NOT for professionals

It’s a fun place to work, your coworkers and direct manager will make or break the experience for you. There’s no room for advancement besides store manager, and that’s even a rare occurrence. Compensation is down the drain especially for people who have been in the industry for any amount of time. You’ll make making a few dollars more with 20 years of experience than someone who has never been in cosmetics. The company wants someone who has 20+ years of experience for their high end cosmetics but only wants to pay someone with no experience. The gratis is pretty good, but since COVID it has dropped off a lot.

Poor upper management and no communication. The hr dept is horrible and you can’t ever get ahold of anyone.

Horrible and awful. Great concepts but they need to take care of their employees better and pay better. The benefits are lame, there is no holiday pay, they make you work Easter! There’s no maternity leave period so you better hope you pay for short term disability and if you do you only get paid for one month. Such a joke

Pros

Gratis of great product

Cons

No work life balance and expected too much for the pay

Terrible company

Whatever you do, Do not work here. The upper management are nothing but bullies. The pay is awful. The benefits are a joke. They lie all the time. Upper management needs to go! Run far away!

Don’t waste your time

Management sucks. No growth. Overwhelmed, overworked and stressed out especially with the lack of employees. Low pay and no commission. The company is a scam as whole, don’t care about employees and lie to customers in order to sell more high end products to make the company look good.

Pros

Gratis

Cons

Short breaks, poor management, no health benefits, no commission

Don’t waste your time applying

Don’t apply here if you like to have weekends off or any type of personal life because this job doesn’t care about you. First company I ever worked at that didn’t give a Saturday or Sunday off a month. They say it’s a full time position but really it’s 30 hours only. Make you come in 5 days a week with only 2 days off. They extend store hours but don’t extend hours for employees. They rather overwork you than hire an extra person so the company saves money. They don’t pay for holidays or give bonuses like other companies do. This company does not cater to Hispanic or women of darker complexion whatsoever.. The environment is toxic. NO ONE is happy for working for the company. Can’t keep a full staff and can’t even keep locations like Lincoln Road and Coral gables open. Obviously there’s a pattern here. It starts with upper management. A company that makes millions a year and doesn’t give holiday pay or days off for employees. Doesn’t matter how much they pay you it’s not worth your losing time with family. Management acts like they care about you but as soon as they need to meet a deadline it falls on the employees because they didn’t get it done on time and they let their frustrations out on you. They expect you to do everything while they just sit back and do nothing. This company should figure out a way to to make their employees happy before opening new locations.

Pros

Gratis you get lots of free products / pay is decent could be more than $18 for what you put up with

Cons

Short breaks only 30 minutes, no weekends off, they don’t pay for your parking if you’re required to pay

Fun place to work if you don’t care about $$

Bluemercury is a fun place to work if you are lucky enough to have nice, reasonable coworkers. They don’t pay well so they are constantly under staffed. Employees wind up working longer hours in order to cover.

Pros

Gratis

Cons

Low pay rate, unexpected extra hours, unpredictable bonus, disorganized

Good place to develop your management skills

Great opportunity to learn about products, and really developing into a seasoned manager. There’s no specific legend onto how to build your business but I do like the fact that they give you the opportunity to lead how you’d like while offering innovative ideas of your own. Some people like structure but I found value in the ability to build your business the way your location/demographic can benefit from. Management isn’t bad, at least for my region. They really don’t bother you if you perform well, in my experience. Sales and customer service conquers all. I do wish there was more work-life-balance though. Not much PTO until you hit your fifth year as a SM. No sick time unless you’re in a state that mandates it. If you take off a Saturday you have to either use pto or take off two additional days throughout week (totaling 3 unpaid days). Also, no holiday pay. Met some good people throughout, a great experience but work-life-balance is very conflicting…

Pros

Health, 401k, savings plan, Ltd, and many more benefit perks. Gratis. Employee product discount.

Cons

Work-life-balance, no holiday pay, Saturday pto/unpaid day rule

Good skin care and make up products and gratis.

Meet good friends and nice customers. I was working in 2 locations and all the time understaffed.people come and leaving.Long hours but this is retail.

Pros

Gratis. Good customers.

Cons

Expensive healthcare.

Worst place

Don’t apply if you have a life outside of work no work life balance, low pay very strict rules no sitting no phones can’t be a minute late long hours they overwork you

Stay as far away from this place as you can

Constant turn over, they can’t keep people at all. No cleaning procedures in place which in this time is pretty disgusting. Products are pretty good but that’s about it

Pros

Free products

Cons

Everything else

The worst company I’ve ever worked for

Horrible management and ridiculous job expectations. High turnover and no room for growth unless you suck up and want to move to another location. There were times when there was one person running a store because everyone quit. It’s a shame because there’s potential in the concept of the company but unfortunately it’s run by people that don’t care about employees, especially since Macy’s bought out the company.

Pros

Gratis

Cons

Short breaks if any, required to do everything (including scrubbing toilets) with little compensation or recognition.

Cameras monitor your every move,

good at failing upward? this is the company for you. If you posses qualities such as tardiness, aggression, the need for lots of holidays, and an overall horrible personality you will be rewarded and protected. APPLY IMMEDIATELY. This is a good job for somebody who is a mediocre person without any interests beyond the minimum. You get what you pay for so only give what your paid.

Pros

Gratis occasionally

Cons

30 min lunch work every Sat, No holidays, holiday pay, commission Low pay, micromanged spied.

Horrible management

This company does not care about their employees at all whatsoever. Whether you are a new employee or one that has been with the business for 20 years, they will toss you aside and degrade your work ethic/abilities. The benefits are not great and the amount of work, micromanagement and mistreatment employees have to endure is not worth the rate of pay, let alone the horrible raises that are given. The only positives are the actual work environment which is relaxing with smaller stores and less crowding and typically your coworkers are extremely nice and helpful but I suggest you save yourself the trouble and do not apply here.

Pros

Coworkers

Fun laid back environment

I enjoyed my time here and wish I would've stayed. I learned a lot and most customers were pleasant. Store hours are not overwhelming and the job was easy.

Pros

Gratis

Cons

Pto

Worst company to work for ever!!!!

This is this the worst company ever my thought was if you are an entry level manager it may be a good start but it’s not!!!!! Because you will never learn what right looks like. The communication from the company is zero to none!! The benefits...... you can get them but are so expensive that you won’t get a paycheck . You get 10 pto days but only as a manager. They over staff the store only to cut everyone’s hours 2 months later after they joined the company. Your boss will ignore any difficult question. Inclement weather???? They won’t call a store closed in a blizzard, because then they have to pay you!!! So they will call and say you don’t have to go in you don’t have to but we are not calling a close. And they won’t even reach out to you to tell you it’s a delay open and when the company says it’s a delay open your boss will make you go in early. You will never grow with this company . It is a waist of your time 100% stay clear !!! I say this with almost 2 decades of management experience . Trust the reviews it’s a waist of your time!!!

Pros

None at all

Cons

Every minute you work there!!

Great lower level talent but horrible people at the top

The turnover at this place is unreal. Even though marketing 101 tells you that it's 10x cheaper to retain "customers" (in the case of corporate culture, "young talent,") Bluemercury would rather churn through early- and mid-career talent than invest a dime into culture, pay, benefits or development. Though the culture has improved slightly with the departure of some truly terrible leaders, it is still so bad that multiple young women -- it's mostly young women -- have quit without having jobs. For a company that needs to be at the very forefront of trends in order to survive (much less thrive), Bluemercury is incredibly antiquated in terms of flexible work environments, technology, accessing and using big data, etc.

Pros

Cons

Light years behind their competition

worst working place ever in my life

Manager is lack of experience in what they need to do, even the basic. clients even wonder how he/she got their title. Discrimination/ racist. Look down on others which doesn't give them the benefits. Lack of management experiences.Lack of sale experiences.No team leader.No team support.Always jealous with the team member.No appreciate from the company. .....No hours.stressful.they treat you like a kid

Cons

no commision

If you are committed to the cause, the benefits will follow.

I believe that if you honor a committed work ethic and apply for a career that fits your personal contentment, you will be a success.Bluemercury gave me the opportunity to fulfill and accomplish just that!

Pros

Professional benefits, paid time off, fair scheduling and great pay if you are driven.

Cons

Open 7 days a week.

No advertising and low pay

I worked overtime most of the time and still barely cleared $400 for 2 weeks. I worked 7 days a week and had very little clientele sue to the lack of advertising. My job description was completley different as expalined to mw by my manager than it was from the higher ups. I basically had about 3 clients a weeka and was tols not to help sell or contradixt anything i heard the salespeople in the store section when they advised people on skincare though i was the Licensed Esthetician. The managment was too concerned with personal iaaues at home to be able to handle anything at work and the staff with the exception of one employee were rude and belittling. It was not easy to work there the 1+ years

Pros

Huge index of skincare to learn from and research

Cons

No clients, low pay, unhealthy culture, rude coworkers, long hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bluemercury, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2,1 out of 5 stars for Work/Life Balance