Bokoni Platinum Mine
3,8 out of 5 stars.

Bokoni Platinum Mine Employee Reviews in Polokwane, Limpopo

Administrative Assistant April 2014 to November 2015 Desbor Civils and Mining - Polokwane  Designed electronic file system and maintained electronic and paper files.  Created PowerPoint presentations used for business development.  Managed day to day calendar for company senior director.  Assisted with event planning, including associated travel and logistical arrangements.
Pros
learning new things everyday
Cons
lower salary
a day at work is full of challenges which will made you to learn more and improve your skill. learn good time management in terms of planning and submission of reports. good structure of management full respect.from top management to the lowest ranks. Bokoni have good working culture they promote the spirit of Ubuntu and they respect the safety of their employees. the hardest part is that you have to give 110% as a person whose working in a safety department as the life of each and every Bokoni underground employee depends on the quality of work you produce. the love that the company have to its employees , the company always rewards good perfomances
Pros
good working ethics
Cons
still growing
I have being here since I was student , being loyal to the company the company made me who I am today ,I think its about time I seek greener pastures, I don't fault bokoni at all I ma gratefully for what the did for me . I am afraid of being on a comfort zone.
Pros
surveyor
Cons
8hous
I was working this company just because I want to put something on table because I don't want to work company for only better salary, I think is better to work on side of my career.
Pros
No free lunch
Cons
very challenging and need ,hard work.hardship,very supportive,when not meeting targets,incentive when reaching production target,
thy help me to get the skills i have and many other people are also still in training. The mine is dedicated to developing the community and its workers. if it was not for the bad times in the markets thy will have gave us jobs to work.
Pros
have many chances to learn more
Cons
very hot when working oungerground
Get in at 07H00 in the morning,proceed to the control room to see if everything is in oder,then proceed to the lamproom also to see if everything is in oder,Check my e-mails, Have a 15minutes meeting with the ventilation officer and Construction team leader.Go to the production meeting with Production manager and mine overseers. when i get to my office i scruitinize the lamproom report and control room report before sending it out, Follow up on oders at the same time checking the stores. get a report from sanitation manager.Scruitinize ventilation reports and sign them,check if there are any reports to DMR that need my attention. Do necessary layouts and updates on the mine rescue plan,update my legal file.When ventilation officer comes from underground he reports what he did and if there were challenges and we then put control measures in place, the hardest part is in the afternoon when people comes from underground as i have to deal with all issues at once e.g Mine overseer,production Manager,Chief vent Engineer, Underground employees issues. Most enjoyable part is late afeternoon when i seat with the vent officer finalizing on layouts,planning our construction work. My work comes with different challenges which makes me to learn new things daily. Around lunch time i do seat and have a chart with co-workers about general things like sport,family and other things.
Pros
Getting to know people at different levels
Cons
always on stanby for ermergency
My current main job is Plant Maintenance planning and administration.The hardest part of the job is job sercurity
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Bokoni Platinum Mine?