Bokoni Platinum Mine
3,8 out of 5 stars.

Bokoni Platinum Mine Employee Reviews for Section Ventilation officer

Found 1 review matching the searchSee all 44 reviews

Productive and challenging

Get in at 07H00 in the morning,proceed to the control room to see if everything is in oder,then proceed to the lamproom also to see if everything is in oder,Check my e-mails, Have a 15minutes meeting with the ventilation officer and Construction team leader.Go to the production meeting with Production manager and mine overseers. when i get to my office i scruitinize the lamproom report and control room report before sending it out, Follow up on oders at the same time checking the stores. get a report from sanitation manager.Scruitinize ventilation reports and sign them,check if there are any reports to DMR that need my attention. Do necessary layouts and updates on the mine rescue plan,update my legal file.When ventilation officer comes from underground he reports what he did and if there were challenges and we then put control measures in place, the hardest part is in the afternoon when people comes from underground as i have to deal with all issues at once e.g Mine overseer,production Manager,Chief vent Engineer, Underground employees issues. Most enjoyable part is late afeternoon when i seat with the vent officer finalizing on layouts,planning our construction work. My work comes with different challenges which makes me to learn new things daily. Around lunch time i do seat and have a chart with co-workers about general things like sport,family and other things.

Pros

Getting to know people at different levels

Cons

always on stanby for ermergency

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bokoni Platinum Mine. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3,8