Bokoni Platinum Mine
3,8 out of 5 stars.

Bokoni Platinum Mine Employee Reviews

I am willing to be taught and learn.able to work under pressure.willing to be in a position whereby the company will see a great investment in me.time management
At Bokoni you planned your tasks daily and work with the teams to achieve the set goals. I have also learnt to be more assertive and innovative as there is always limited resources to successfully accomplish the tasks. Management is very supportive in times but will leave tasks and responsibilities to you to come with solutions. The work place culture at Bokoni is more of hard working, commitment and dedication although there is challenges that the mine face with the communities and other stake holders that disrupt mine activities. The hardest part of my job was to execute decisions that have impact in the business at a short period of time and at the same time more enjoyable and fulfilling as my contribution is valued in the company
Cons
It was the best company as of now and I learned a lot there. I was given a lot of opportunities to showcase my talent an also help develop new recruits.
Pros
1 Hour lunch daily
Cons
Working on saturdays
it is good to work at this company it is because you gain a lot of experience and u work with engineers if you are a graduate and you also work with artisan.
Pros
carry your own launch box
Cons
overtimes and standby
1. Excellent 2. Good communication skills 3. Balanced and skilful management 4. inter-racial and friendly place 5. Not getting your target for the month 6. Bonus and incentives
Bokoni Platinum mine is a well run mine in a difficult area to mine but with the safety rules being very strict the people manage to work efficiently and with good management the work is completed.
Pros
Good managment
Cons
Unsafe during strikes
- Normal daily duties. - Working with different people/ Departments. - Management tries their level best to keep the company running. - Team work, goal orientated and positive. - Approval of the business plan. - Mine Desingning and scheduling.
Pros
Production functions
Cons
Working long hours during business plan period
Friendly family environment. Atokia village best environment. Communities surrounding the mine have an impact, sometimes negative but in overall positve. A very good social responsibility track record. Worked as a shift supervisorfor five years. Mining set up of very high standard when coming to training and operational norms. Management changes more often compromising the stability of the enviroment inside and outside of the operations.
Pros
Very good mine village and recreation clubs.
Cons
Very low remuneration scales.
we mine platinum and take it to the plant for process then to the smelter and sell to the market i learned about mining and did my trade test in electrical engineering work culture is safety first and team work
Pros
own
Cons
I don't enjoy working here at all I need to go some where else ,I don't have problem with management I just need something for a change
a day at work is full of challenges which will made you to learn more and improve your skill. learn good time management in terms of planning and submission of reports. good structure of management full respect.from top management to the lowest ranks. Bokoni have good working culture they promote the spirit of Ubuntu and they respect the safety of their employees. the hardest part is that you have to give 110% as a person whose working in a safety department as the life of each and every Bokoni underground employee depends on the quality of work you produce. the love that the company have to its employees , the company always rewards good perfomances
Pros
good working ethics
Cons
still growing
I have being here since I was student , being loyal to the company the company made me who I am today ,I think its about time I seek greener pastures, I don't fault bokoni at all I ma gratefully for what the did for me . I am afraid of being on a comfort zone.
Pros
surveyor
Cons
8hous
I was working this company just because I want to put something on table because I don't want to work company for only better salary, I think is better to work on side of my career.
Pros
No free lunch
Cons
very challenging and need ,hard work.hardship,very supportive,when not meeting targets,incentive when reaching production target,
thy help me to get the skills i have and many other people are also still in training. The mine is dedicated to developing the community and its workers. if it was not for the bad times in the markets thy will have gave us jobs to work.
Pros
have many chances to learn more
Cons
very hot when working oungerground
Planned daily tasks to be completed, resolve any breakdowns, daily reporting to the Engineer, assist with transport and equipment to complete all daily tasks. Difficulty with maintaining stock levels due to budget controls. Refuse to let any task or breakdown stand over for the next shift. I set goals and complete them, every day must be an improvement.
Pros
Permanently employed
Cons
Job security
Fun work Place with Supportive Management. I learned a lot. There was a lot of variety in what i did each day. The most enjoyable was the challenges.
Pros
Housing Medical
Cons
Far away from anything
Get in at 07H00 in the morning,proceed to the control room to see if everything is in oder,then proceed to the lamproom also to see if everything is in oder,Check my e-mails, Have a 15minutes meeting with the ventilation officer and Construction team leader.Go to the production meeting with Production manager and mine overseers. when i get to my office i scruitinize the lamproom report and control room report before sending it out, Follow up on oders at the same time checking the stores. get a report from sanitation manager.Scruitinize ventilation reports and sign them,check if there are any reports to DMR that need my attention. Do necessary layouts and updates on the mine rescue plan,update my legal file.When ventilation officer comes from underground he reports what he did and if there were challenges and we then put control measures in place, the hardest part is in the afternoon when people comes from underground as i have to deal with all issues at once e.g Mine overseer,production Manager,Chief vent Engineer, Underground employees issues. Most enjoyable part is late afeternoon when i seat with the vent officer finalizing on layouts,planning our construction work. My work comes with different challenges which makes me to learn new things daily. Around lunch time i do seat and have a chart with co-workers about general things like sport,family and other things.
Pros
Getting to know people at different levels
Cons
always on stanby for ermergency
> a typical day at workgoing underground to map, stoping or development areas, write a report and update plans.>what i learnedi had no experience wen i came to bokoni hance i have learned to work with people, i have learned to be a qoulified geologist and to be professional at the mine industry>managementi believe i am under good and proffesional management>co -workersmy co-workers are good to work with, very helpful, patient and very understanding.>hardest part of my jobi am taking this opportunity as part of learning curve hence making mistakes is the hardest thing i have experienced. getting better evryday.>most enjoyable part of my jobi love my job, i love goin underground , i love doing things on my own so it makes me wake up every morning looking forward to go to work.
Pros
good environment to be at
Cons
delay times
Bokoni is a good company to learn in with vast resources, its a company that has an interesting culture that supports its employees.
Pros
perfomance bonuses
My current main job is Plant Maintenance planning and administration.The hardest part of the job is job sercurity