BOLT

BOLT Work-Life Balance reviews

Clear
3.6Pay & Benefits

Very joyful

It was a great experience for me to work around Johannesburg, transporting customers to different parts of Johannesburg. It gave me good customer relations with comsumers

Pros

Own lunch

Cons

We would work long hours because I was earning according to what I have made

Enjoyable job but can be stressful

Advantage of driving bolt is that you can work anytime you want and you don't really get tired unless you are asleep and disadvantage is that is you don't meet your target you'll be stressed because you have to pay for a car(mostly 2000 a week) and you have to make your own salary but if you struggle to make target to pay for a car will you make enough salary?But the business is not always bad. Sometimes and mostly month end business is good. The reason why i left bolt is that nowadays is not productive like is used to. Now we find ourselves working the whole day but not making enough profit sometimes no profit at all.

Pros

Free louches

It's a fair job sector.

There should be a fixed percentage that must go to the drivers,profit setting can be a disadvantage to the drivers wages.Working for bolt was a good experience and it provides extra income.

Pros

Relaxed working style

Cons

Long hours of working

demanding

Operating in a highly competitive and fast-developing industry as ride-hailing, you never know what might happen in a month, week, or even a day. All this requires very quick adjustment and resilience from the team. Yes, it is not always possible to leave work at 5 pm, but on the other hand, Bolt team members are given a lot of freedom. We trust people to get things done, be it by working 4h per day or sometimes going the extra mile and staying in office for a 12h marathon – whatever works for the person and the teams surrounding them. If you work hard, you play hard. There’s an opportunity to do a restart to your brain from time to time.

New experience

This would be only a means if you liked driving and had nothing better to do since it is not very reliable and they don't seem to really care about the drivers

Pros

New oppurtunities

Challenging.

Not having enough money to buy food during the day if it wasn't profitable. But I learned to work extra hard and make sacrifices. The management was pretty tough knowing they wanted their share of the profit regardless of how much profit you made. Hardest part was working late hours with not much sleep. Exploring new places and meeting different people everyday was enjoyable.

Dangerous work .

Long hours . Unreliable pay . Can be dangerous if one works night shift . The job was okay but I could not take it anymore . The market is flooded so there are hardly work for the drivers (me) .

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BOLT. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• BOLT
  • Work-Life Balance
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?