Bootlegger Coffee Company

Bootlegger Coffee Company Employee Reviews

I enjoyed working with the team and the managers. Everyone was supportive and made every work day a positive experience. I ended up being friends with many of my coworkers and gained respect for my managers, while also feeling mutually respected by them.
The staff felt like family. I loved working there.
You have to be a coffee lover for you to have an exciting experience working for this company because it specializes with coffee as their main standard.
It was good job , everyone was working with patients helping each other .The management was equality, there's was no descrimination .. financial good
Pros
Knowledge and skills
Cons
Personal problems
An early morning rise which lead to the serving of hundreds of Bootlegger coffee's (which included a coffee special) and breakfasts. Followed by a lunch/dinner service which highlighted the company's burger special. No matter the time of day Bootlegger is a store for a small work space, meeting, friendly meet up and group outings.
The environment of the industry is stressful as is. Upper management pays little to no attention to staff, and the HR department is overstrained. I did learn an incredible amount and don't regret working for them at all.
Bootlegger coffee company is one of the best places to work as they train you about the brand and help you grow within the company if they see you are hardworking and passionate.
a place of warmth and growth where you were always encouraged to do your best. Managers were a strong support system and employees were friendly and welcoming.
Working in this kind of cultured environment taught me to pay attention to detail and take pride in both the company and its customers. It is very thrilling and can get busy at times but overall, it is a pleasant place to work in - only issue I had was that it was commission based so you rely on tips mostly.
The work environment was fun, fast-paced and consistently busy in terms of having things to keep busy with. The interaction with customers was the highlight of every day, as well as meeting interesting individuals and networking within the space.
Its great to be a part of this company and the people are really kind caring. The thing I liked the most was that they don't believe in Micro Managing. They will hire capable people and then let them run the show but will always be around to assist. Also they are very open minded when it comes to change. Work life balance is not the good. Staff retention policies need to be re-looked at.
Pros
Opportunity to learn and grow / Part of a great team / Helpful People
Cons
Long Hours / Not a good support structure / No staff retention policy in place
One of my favorite positions I've had with this company. Bootlegger is an amazing Brand, filled with diverse people and culture which i think is very important. They are the kings and queens of coffee.
I loved working at Bootlegger! I only left because i am ambitious and seeking to continually broaden my knowledge in the Hospitality Industry, now i am looking for a new Position which i will make Best use of my existing Skills and Experience and also to further my personal and professional development. Everyone worked as a Team and Helped each other out. I learned that I work Best in a Team and that I really enjoyed work when things go smoothly. The hardest part of my job was the physical endurance it took. The Management is wonderful as well as the work environment and the hours were great.They bent over backwards to keep a balanced working experience.
Pros
Staff Food, Good Friends and Good Management Team
Cons
Low hourly Pay
My day to day duties consisted of Managing front of house, ordering, stock take, managing staff, Invoicing, liaising with suppliers and customers. Bootlegger Coffee Company has a great back story and funk and modern culture. It was a pleasure to experience that.
Pros
Free Food, Great management
Cons
Long and irregular hours without overtime
Bootlegger Coffee Company in Cape Quarter, an amazing establishment which I would recommend to anyone that request a detailed report or even a review.
Its a an organised company to be in but the management seem to be focused on our shortcomings rather than what we do best.Good customer care is provided.Quality food and coffee is served.
Pros
Good working hours.
Cons
Not employee focused.
A great place to work and grow as an individual. I was able to interact with fellow colleagues and customers openly. A good learning experience and environment
Management could have been trained or supervised more often as most problems did come from management as stock orders being short , staff communications etc
Pros
Lots of tips! Regular happy customers
Cons
Very busy