Booyco Electronics

Booyco Electronics Employee Reviews

4,0
I've been very grateful for my time at Booyco-Electronics so far and I am excited to see what the future holds. My personal experience at the company has been very caring leadership, exciting , job growth possibilities, and a great work/life balance.
5,0
The workplace is a safe place and you feel at ease. Some managers are a bit difficult to work with but this will be so with all places. Once you get to know the people you will start loving it there. The culture is a bit more older and not modern. But overall this is an excellent workplace!
Pros
Good Benefits and salary
Cons
Old culture
5,0
best place to work, ,management understands and listens to employees, fun place to work work functions every second week of the month innovative products
3,0
A great environment to learn and perform under a production based setup but as time goes on the work culture of poor planning takes its toll. There's also very limited growth prospects.
1,0
Culture-staff complain to each other but afraid to tell the Head anything as he will take you out of a job, just as quickly as he had given you a job.
Pros
Zero pros
Cons
Unhealthy work environment, favouritism, dictorial, Directors gossip a lot, no trust, lack of leaders
4,0
Every day is never the same but always busy. I learned a lot about electronics components and stock. Management not enough aware of the lower levels of staff and duties. Work place culture is equal. The hardest part of the job is stock take, long standing hours and managing discrepancies. The most enjoyable part of the job is the capturing onto the system but mostly the GRV processes.
Pros
December bonus
Cons
Working extra hours/ weekends unpaid
3,0
I cant say much, Booyco helped me by giving me the opportunity to work there and I am happy I had the experience of working there. I learnt a lot. It is a very strong based company.
3,0
Constantly working long hours and unfortunately the company does not appreciate the effort the employees put in to make the company successful.Management bring personal issues to the workplace.
Pros
Working with staff and mine employees
2,0
Its a good company to start working for. But after a few months it will be clear that its not a good place to remain at. Salary isnt bad and benefits are okay. Contract states that it requires you for 9 hours per day, in actual fact it requires you for closer to 14 hours a day. Managers are not trained for the position so poor planning is a daily thing. Your family life will suffer as you will almost never be home. If you work hard you will get more work than other people. No recognition for hard work. You could also be bullied or forced to work overtime. Not a great place overall to work if you have kids.
Pros
salary and benefits are okay
Cons
long hours. harsh working conditions. poor planning. forced overtime. lots of friction.
1,0
The company is not an easy company to work for, they do no training, they expect you to walk in and know exactly how they work. The environment is harsh and unfriendly.
Pros
Working hours on Fridays is from 7.30am to 1.30pm
Cons
Working there is a con.
4,0
A typical day at work consisted of work for a full 8 hours. I learned how to plan and getting filing up to date. Management was very professional and a pleasure to work with. My co-workers was friendly and helpful. The hardest part of the job was getting everything up to date. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with the different divisions and co-workers at various branches.
4,0
Travelling to all corners of South Africa, building a client base for a newly started company gave purpose to the daily hustle. Management was autocratic yet dynamic but lead to a clash of personalities Working on a shoe string budget yet landing long term contract proofed challenging that lead to long term relationships with customers.
Pros
Creativity
Cons
Limited family time
3,0
Its a great environment to start a career. They have great learning and development structures in place. You are mentored and supported by all means by well skilled individuals. Love their culture of promoting from inside because it is very motivating for the staff.
Pros
Braais when we are celebrating
Cons
Meet deadlines
2,0
Review new software in EngineeringI have learned to deveop people skills and indepth electronics skillsI came to the point where I studied, understood and accepted other people's culture and behavior to help me be a perfect team member.The hardest part of my job is to wake up anytime when the clieant needs help i.e 2:00AMThis job is fun ,chakllenging because it is customisable to any which operation the client may need. i get to be forever learning new skills and way to write the software according to the client's needs.
Pros
dynamic
Cons
short tea and luch breaks, unfair labour practices.